News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will the Guardians building be bigger or smaller than the massive Soarin hangar?

soarin_2_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Much taller, much narrower.

justintheharris

You’re right. IASW, SSE, HM, POTC, and other constant loaders shouldn’t have long queues unless the parks are exceptionally busy. The attractions were built to absorb crowds. They’re not supposed to have long queues!
The real issue is fastpass plus. In general actually. Omnimover rides should not have fastpasses. Before fastpass plus, I never saw SSE with more than a 10 minute wait. Now it regularly hits 50 minutes.

SirLink

The real issue is fastpass plus. In general actually. Omnimover rides should not have fastpasses. Before fastpass plus, I never saw SSE with more than a 10 minute wait. Now it regularly hits 50 minutes.

Its also the fact with Epcot they took out lots of things from 90s which were family friendly and had no height requirements and replaced those.

justintheharris

Its also the fact with Epcot they took out lots of things from 90s which were family friendly and had no height requirements and replaced those.

Other than innoventions and Universe of Energy (which NOBODY went on anyways), I really don't see much of what got taken out. Spaceship Earth's wait time being 50 minutes is a very recent thing. Test Track and Mission:Space existed in the period in which it was only about a 10 minute wait so it's hard to blame the height requirements on those attractions.

LukeS7

A certain not to be named, known to be incorrect, site is claiming as a fact the gravity building won't be themed. Honestly, seems to be more of an emotional response to counter the attacks on that site's story about the Yeti, attempting to defend their "knowledge".
I’m shocked that the headline didn’t read “BREAKING: Unthemed Gravity Building Imminent at EPCOT” :hilarious:

tirian

Other than innoventions and Universe of Energy (which NOBODY went on anyways), I really don't see much of what got taken out. Spaceship Earth's wait time being 50 minutes is a very recent thing. Test Track and Mission:Space existed in the period in which it was only about a 10 minute wait so it's hard to blame the height requirements on those attractions.
Maybe he meant the 80s.

EricsBiscuit

I think he means Horizons, WoM, and JII plus their pavilions.

yensidtlaw1969

Containing the budget is a problem.
What is the deal with this ride that its budget is so out of whack? It sounds like a slightly souped-up Rock N' Roller Coaster with spinning cars and a mythically large queue . . . is there something more to it that we don't know that's causing the price to rise to stratospheric levels?

Everything I read makes me think we're gonna be getting a decent-ish ride for hundreds of millions of dollars more than is necessary. I would love to find out that it's going to be much more elaborate than it has been made to sound so far.

SirLink

They had the following:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Universe of Energy
  • Journey into Imagination
  • Honey I shrunk the audience
  • Living with the Land
  • Food Rocks
  • Horizons
  • World of Motion
  • Seacabs
  • Cranium Command

All of which were family friendly I haven't included things like Body Wars for that very reason all of which were open at the beginning of 1990s and that is where they started to fail.

huwar18

They had the following:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Universe of Energy
  • Journey into Imagination
  • Honey I shrunk the audience
  • Living with the Land
  • Food Rocks
  • Horizons
  • World of Motion
  • Seacabs
  • Cranium Command

All of which were family friendly I haven't included things like Body Wars for that very reason all of which were open at the beginning of 1990s and that is where they started to fail.

I just don't get why they are moving away from these type of attractions. These attractions were always a favorite of mine. Still to this day, my family goes on the dark rides instead of the newer coasters. If I remember correctly, most of these rides/attractions were people eaters.

SirLink

I just don't get why they are moving away from these type of attractions. These attractions were always a favorite of mine. Still to this day, my family goes on the dark rides instead of the newer coasters. If I remember correctly, most of these rides/attractions were people eaters.

I blame it on Project Gemini personally along with forcing sponsors to redevelop attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom