Grizz's Epcot Updates (Disclaimer: No, not as good as my others, sadly)

Lee

Adventurer
GoofyFan1 said:
All I have to say is Soarin' better be worth all the damage they're doing to the Land!

To me, a big Soarin' fan, it is definately worth it.
In my humble opinion, Soarin' is the best original Disney attraction since Indiana Jones and Tower.

But then, I've never been a big Land fan. :rolleyes:

tigger248

General Grizz said:
Disney wanted to put a coaster next to the Land, between it in the Living Seas, with Circle of Life area being replaced as the load/unload area.

The project was cancelled, and funds went over to the Canada Rapid Ride concept, which was red-flagged, according to a forum member here. So if Circle of Life were to close, this is a potential "replacement." But I have no direct source indicating this is the current plan at this point.

I think this is a potential ruining of a peaceful and aesthetic area of Epcot (which is harder and harder to find), so I hope the funds go BACK to Canada as the Land will be overflowing!

Thanks to both you and Gregory! :wave:
I think one major attraction is enough for the Land (I'd hate to see the crowds in there if 2 major thrill attractions were in there :rolleyes: ). However, if they do build it, I would rather see it there than in place of SSE. I just hope all the Epcot construction ends soon cause I like it how it used to be better. I wish they'd stop taking out attractions that we all love.

General Grizz

Original Poster
tigger248 said:
Thanks to both you and Gregory! :wave:
I think one major attraction is enough for the Land (I'd hate to see the crowds in there if 2 major thrill attractions were in there :rolleyes: ). However, if they do build it, I would rather see it there than in place of SSE. I just hope all the Epcot construction ends soon cause I like it how it used to be better. I wish they'd stop taking out attractions that we all love.
Sit tight, less AAs and more screen technology is being designed for a new Spaceship Earth. . . :rolleyes:

No... really! :lookaroun :(

TinkerBell9988

TINK reporting for duty!!! Just hand me my sign, and I'll picket in line with all of you guys!! :animwink:

I am very upset about all of what is going to happen to the Land and EPCOT... I hope picketing will work... or maybe I should tie myself to the balloons... "You destroy the balloons, you destroy the Tink!"

:lookaroun

Ok, maybe we should come up with a better idea...

:p

yensidtlaw1969

Does anyone know exactly what the designs look like on the Balloons, like a blueprint or something?
Any help would be greatly apprecialted!
Yensidtlaw1969

Rob562

yensidtlaw1969 said:
If they had a particular fuction (I don't know if they were just decoration or not) , please let me know!
Hey folks. Been lurking for a while, just signed up to actually post...

From what I read somwhere, the four smaller balloons represented the four seasons, surrounding the center Earth balloon. This I guess ties into that it's called the Sunshine *Seasons* Food Fair... There was also something about the rain falling to replenisht he fountain underneath, but I'm not sure whether it was being literal (I've been in there when it's raining outside, and never saw any water dripping), or just figurative with the storm cloud with "rain" under it at the bottom of the Earth balloon...

And while we're at it, ever listen to the background music in the Food Fair and realize that the word "sun" or "sunshine" is in every song?

-Rob S.
(who is full of totally random, useless Disney trivia)

Mission: SPACE

I know some of you are going to be mad when I say this, but removing the fountain is a smart move, when considering the flow of traffic. A lot of people coming in will be going down the escalator, heading straight for Soarin', and it's simply going to be in the direct path of guests. I'm annoyed enough by guests who walk around not knowing where they're going, yet prectically running... one of my pet peaves.

Point being, with the fountain gone, it will allow for more effecient traffic flow.

nibblesandbits

Wow...Rob you really are full of random Disney knowledge. I had no clue that's what the balloons meant. Although I haven't been to The Land that many times.

(By the way, welcome to the boards!!!)

CaptainMichael

I have no real attachment to the current Land Pavillion because I haven't been there more than once. I will join the D-Army for other fights though!

(D-Army....kinda reminds me of Harry Potter's Defense Against the Dark Arts group; we are fighting a dark regime just like Harry and his friends)

CaptainMichael

Expo_Seeker40 said:
I'd love to make a knock down the wand, "Expo" runs out of Epcot avator. LMAO. :lol:

Gregory, if you read this, I would love to see a knock down the wand avatar by you. You have done great work on Kevin Page's avatars, I'm a big fan. I have an idea for an avatar about the Disney-MGM Studios. Have a UFO come and take away the Sorceror's hat away!

yensidtlaw1969

I made one of the Wand Exploding, leaving only SSE (Grizz makes an appearance picketing at The Land) thats on the 2nd page that Gregory altered for me to make it useable because there was something messed up with it. Thanks again Gregory!

SirNim

Those balloons would look great suspended from the limb of the tree in the backyard... :lookaroun

Great update, GG, though by your own admission not as good as your others... :lol: ...sadly... (jokin' 'round, folks :lookaroun)

:wave:

Expo_Seeker40

The problem I have is, oh sure it's just some balloons, and a fountain, right it's not like it's a human being, BUT it's a disapointment to see that THIS IS THE LAND. Shame on Disney. Except for Imagination!, Future World West is [how should I say this], about the elements? :veryconfu

As in we have the sea, we have the land, they could have made an air pavilion using soarin', and had built a new entrance somehow elsewhere. Mission: Space as tiny as that pavilion is could have gone where Imagination! is, that way Future World west could have just the sea, land, air, and space pavilions.

While Future world East could have the Energy, Motion, Anatomy, and Phycology pavilions. Both East and West have four pavilions.

Blah Blah Blah :hammer:

So yea, they shouldn't take one ride, which has little to do with the land, cause we are in the air, soarin' over it, there is no need for this one ride to cause the land to become some new "If You Had Wings" airport terminal/concourse. Oh that's all we need is the Sunshine Fair to be the Consourse Six Cafe. :brick:

Food Rocks becomes the Concourse Six Gift Shop. :hurl:

They find room to make Kitchen Kabaret again, but now it's Luggage Kabaret.

The circle of life theater, I think former symbiosis theater would become The circle of security theater.

Wallah out goes the green and pink, and orange, HELLO chrome, blue, and white. Bad Bad Bad....... *Me Thinks Disney is liking the pot right now*, and I don't mean a pot where flowers grow. :lol:

Gregory

STR8FAN2005 said:
Gregory, if you read this, I would love to see a knock down the wand avatar by you. You have done great work on Kevin Page's avatars, I'm a big fan. I have an idea for an avatar about the Disney-MGM Studios. Have a UFO come and take away the Sorceror's hat away!

Hey!

Yensid made one of Epcot already, but I'll see what I can do with Sorcerers hat thing... :)

If you IM me (DisneyInformer), we can talk about it :)

Also, in all fairness... Kevin did come up with the basic ideas... so, as he put it once, we're partners in crime... (I won't mention the other time he referred to me as his slave :lookaroun )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom