Grizz's Epcot Updates (Disclaimer: No, not as good as my others, sadly)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Grizzly's Not-As-Beautiful-As-My-Last-As-It-Was-Only-3-Weeks-Ago Update!

INNOVENTIONS: Electric Umbrella operating... Or shall I say "Elecic Umbrella?"
P1010018.jpg

PLASTICS: Your reason to go to Innoventions!

P1010019.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010026.jpg

In one area, play with a chemist to see what plastics you can create. In the other, design your own robot and race against others choosing special super powers...and see who wins. Very fun!

P1010028.jpg

Over at the Land, the entryway is being left to ruin. The map has several spot signs removed, including CIRCLE OF LIFE, GREENHOUSE TOURS, and the GREEN THUMB EMPORIUM. Empty spaces on this sign AND on the right Land entrance sign (weirdly enough, "Living with the Land" is missing there).

Balloons... gone. Fountain... gone. Complete remodeling starting in January. Land Travel Agency? Maybe. Airplane theming? Cruiseline theming? Dear, gosh, NO, but that's the rumor. Very, very, VERY disturbing.

(The food rocks at Sunshine Season, by the way. Pardon the bun - I mean - pun).

Norway's getting a new film. . . and RUMOR, only RUMOR, has it that Circle of Life may be removed in the coming future. More info as I get it.

Spaceship Earth is in WONDERFUL quality.

And to add something more colorful... FLOWERS!

P1010031.jpg

GoofyFan1

General Grizz said:
Grizzly's Not-As-Beautiful-As-My-Last-As-It-Was-Only-3-Weeks-Ago Update!

Over at the Land, the entryway is being left to ruin. The map has several spot signs removed, including CIRCLE OF LIFE, GREENHOUSE TOURS, and the GREEN THUMB EMPORIUM. Empty spaces on this sign AND on the right Land entrance sign (weirdly enough, "Living with the Land" is missing there).

Balloons... gone. Fountain... gone. Complete remodeling starting in January. Land Travel Agency? Maybe. Airplane theming? Cruiseline theming? Dear, gosh, NO, but that's the rumor. Very, very, VERY disturbing.

(The food rocks at Sunshine Season, by the way. Pardon the bun - I mean - pun).

]

That Bites (Pun intended)! :mad: The Land is one of my favorite pavilions. I understand progress, but is what they're doing really progress? My daughter loved the balloons, and assigned one to each of us as we sat near the fountain and ate. I have to go through the airport to get to WDW, I don't need to relive that when I'm at Epcot.

All I have to say is Soarin' better be worth all the damage they're doing to the Land!

Thanks for letting us know what's happening , Grizz. :wave:

MKCP 1985

The balloons are gone already! Criminy! :(

Well, faith and courage, General Grizz. Soarin' is going to be GREAT and maybe its greatness will rub off positively on the pavilion remodel!

General Grizz

Original Poster
MKCP 1986 said:
The balloons are gone already! Criminy! :(

Well, faith and courage, General Grizz. Soarin' is going to be GREAT and maybe its greatness will rub off positively on the pavilion remodel!
Sorry! Balloons are still there. They will be removed in January if the plans proceed according to plan. . .

Unless we have something to do with it! ;)

GoofyFan1

General Grizz said:
Sorry! Balloons are still there. They will be removed in January if the plans proceed according to plan. . .

Reporting for duty, Sir.

Lennyg512

Where is the Figment Meet and Greet going to be, and when is it supposed to be added? This is the first time I heard of it.

Thank you for the update General Grizz.

DDuckFan130

Sorry to be completely ignorant, but I haven't been to the Land pavilion in quite some time. What are these balloons of which you speaketh??

yensidtlaw1969

General Grizz said:

How about at the December Meet You Picket! If they turn thye hoses on you, thats GREAT! They're only helping the environment aroud the Land.

WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!!!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member

:cry:

Amazing update as usual General! :sohappy:

Gregory

Well... if Grizz spent a little less time in WDW, the D-Army would be ready! ;)

Grizz!!! We really need to talk about this site, and get it finished up! Before its too late!!!!!

Expo_Seeker40

Griz, I praise you for all that you ahve done to spread the word that Epcot is pretty much going to... :fork: .

I can't say I will be available to be a soldier in the D-Army in person. :wave: :animwink: ....but I will voice out via letter or email to Disney if I must.

P.S. How do u make ur avators. God , "KevinPage" has the imfamous knock over the dome, out goes the balloons avator. I'd love to make a knock down the wand, "Expo" runs out of Epcot avator. LMAO. :lol:

yensidtlaw1969

Thanks for the (as usual) awesome update Grizz!

How about if they get rid of the balloons (if not, I will anyway) I post instructions with pictures on how to build your own "Land Balloon"? I don't know when I'll do that, but I will if enough people want me to. Either in January, or maybe sooner . . .

If they had a particular fuction (I don't know if they were just decoration or not) , please let me know!

Gregory

Expo_Seeker40 said:
Griz, I praise you for all that you ahve done to spread the word that Epcot is pretty much going to... :fork: .

I can't say I will be available to be a soldier in the D-Army in person. :wave: :animwink: ....but I will voice out via letter or email to Disney if I must.

P.S. How do u make ur avators. God , "KevinPage" has the imfamous knock over the dome, out goes the balloons avator. I'd love to make a knock down the wand, "Expo" runs out of Epcot avator. LMAO. :lol:
I did Kevin Pages!!!!

lol

He gets all the credit... ;) I didn't know it was considered infamous... anyways... have you seen his new one? Grizz makes a guest appearence in both...

General Grizz

Original Poster
Lennyg512 said:
Where is the Figment Meet and Greet going to be, and when is it supposed to be added? This is the first time I heard of it.

Thank you for the update General Grizz.
Meet in greet? I am guessing in the Kodak Camera Shop (now shut down)?

Gregory! So sorry, I will be on AIM when I finish work tonight. *sigh* The work is back and I'm also getting ready for Frances, but once this week is over, SMOOTH sailing, and I will get with you ASAP!

ORLPASSHOLDER - BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPH!!!!! :cry:

Gregory

General Grizz said:
Gregory! So sorry, I will be on AIM when I finish work tonight. *sigh* The work is back and I'm also getting ready for Frances, but once this week is over, SMOOTH sailing, and I will get with you ASAP!

OK :)

Well... I know your busy.. but I don't want it to be too late before it gets done :)

Also, I know Grizz hasn't let too much info leak out.. but, just so you know, you don't have to be physically present to be a soldier in the D-Army... You can do it safely from behind your computer desk :)

DigitalDisney

They can't completely abandon the agriculture theme, since LWTL will still be there, and it is always popular. It may not need Fastpass, but, for a slow moving boat ride through greenhouses, it still gets quite a long line.

Before we get too concerned, let's just wait and see. The balloons may remain when all is aid and done. Maybe they'll be modified or moved. Or maybe they will be removed altogether, but replaced with something extremely cool.

As for Circle of Life, I will only be sad to see it go on principle (I hate to see anything go when it's not replaced with anything at all). However, if it's replaced with something else and not just abandoned, I won't be disappointed.

Bear with me, but I have a theory. It's just a guess, but it makes sense in my twisted little world.
- The Land will be completely closed for a little bit to modify the building for new traffic flow
- The Food Fair may be modified
- Circle of Life may be on the chopping block
Perhaps the Food Fair will take over the theater? The theater exit is right next to the end of the food fair. If the food fair extends to the theater, then the theater can be used as a seating area, and the old food fair edge can be fastpass / queue / etc

Any thoughts?

General Grizz

Original Poster
DigitalDisney said:
They can't completely abandon the agriculture theme, since LWTL will still be there, and it is always popular. It may not need Fastpass, but, for a slow moving boat ride through greenhouses, it still gets quite a long line.

Before we get too concerned, let's just wait and see. The balloons may remain when all is aid and done. Maybe they'll be modified or moved. Or maybe they will be removed altogether, but replaced with something extremely cool.

As for Circle of Life, I will only be sad to see it go on principle (I hate to see anything go when it's not replaced with anything at all). However, if it's replaced with something else and not just abandoned, I won't be disappointed.

Bear with me, but I have a theory. It's just a guess, but it makes sense in my twisted little world.
- The Land will be completely closed for a little bit to modify the building for new traffic flow
- The Food Fair may be modified
- Circle of Life may be on the chopping block
Perhaps the Food Fair will take over the theater? The theater exit is right next to the end of the food fair. If the food fair extends to the theater, then the theater can be used as a seating area, and the old food fair edge can be fastpass / queue / etc

Any thoughts?
From what I know, the Soarin queue will jut out a little into the pavilion. . . and the Food Fair will condense. ONE rumor puts it in the dead center of the pavilion. Another puts the Soarin queue into the center of the pavilion.

But my guess is that if Circle of Life closes, they want to replace it with that coaster to be put next to Living Seas. I will let you know when I find out.

But this is for sure: I am TOTALLY against the LAND TRAVEL AGENCY theme. Another at the authenticity and honesty. I mean, airplane and cruise ships?? :brick:

PeeplMoovr

General Grizz said:
But this is for sure: I am TOTALLY against the LAND TRAVEL AGENCY theme. Another at the authenticity and honesty. I mean, airplane and cruise ships?? :brick:

Pardon my French, and at the risk of sounding eloquent...
A Land Travel Agency theme would just plain bite.

I'll be there with a picket sign. Just let me know when.

While I surely enjoyed Soarin in DL, I'm not sure it's worth what I've been hearing of lately. :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom