Great Movie Ride. Change it or Leave it?

Do you think GMR should be updated with different films or left the way it is?

• Total voters

Goofyernmost

did you vote for leave it or change it? Because change it is for new movies only. Leave could include updates.

And yes you're right!
Sadly, I did vote for change not realizing it was just movies you were asking about. Oops! However, considering the newer technology and some great movies that might be more relevant to a younger audience might not hurt anything. Just don't remove all the old classics that made Hollywood.

rob0519

Just curious on where everyone stands on this topic. Would love to hear some reasons :)

I'm sure I'll be in the minority on this one, but I say take it out altogether and replace it with something more up to date. Honestly, I only use it as a place to cool off in hot weather. I wouldn't miss it a bit.

Genie of the Lamp

I think the Alien, Tarzan, and finale need serious changes either by removal or updating the crap out of em. I voted for changing. Everything else I see find but yeah @Goofyernmost is right in that all the AA's need serious attetion. So I'd focus on remaking this attraction by making the old classics and the new ones blend together and correlate with one another as you ride along from beginning to end.

Tom Morrow

A few years ago, my response would have been that it only needs some minor changes. But at this point, no, its bordering on embarrassing. Do something with it!

FettFan

Remove Alien. Put in ALIENS.
Aliens-inside.jpg

Pulse Rifles! Smart Guns! And the ever-present electronic screech of the motion sensors!

And the ever present wailing of Bill Paxton. "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!"

AswaySuller

Change the movie trailers in the line for the love of god please...

There have been some modern classics made since this ride too...or missed out.

The ride is missing some major trends and moments in movie history now.... Like the comedy and action films of the 80's and CGI in the 90's/2000's and then the rehashing of movies with crappy sequels in the 2010's lol

I Would love to see Godfather in there,
Pulp fiction, gladiator, pirates, die hard, titanic, ghostbusters, goonies... the list is endless...

In this world if you fail to embrace change you'll be left behind.

The Empress Lilly

Is the question whether the movie segment should be updated?

Yes, it could do with updating every once in a while. Add in some recent movies. I'd add a few scenes from Titanic, Lord of the Rings, and The Avengers.

The ride itself I still like very much as it is. There is something classic Disney about it, a successor to Pirates and the EPCOT rides. A ride on a grand scale, with large sets, lots of humanoid AA's. What TGM ride lacks though is an emotionally engrossing unfolding of events. I'm tempted to say 'story' or 'plot' here, but these are hotly contested concepts in Disneyology. ;)
There is roughly a story of good vs. evil, with your guide saving the day, but it does not truly lift the experience above a ride through unrelated 3d movie scenes. I still like it though!

AswaySuller

To me it's like a ride thorough museum of movies.... But it's kinda stuck in the late 80s at the moment.... I k ow we have nostalgia for it but the next generation will want something to hook them in.

wdwstateofmind

God, you could replace this with anything and I'd be happy even if it was just another cart to get a frozen banana at...this ride is sooo out-dated (as is much of DHS) and the wait is never worth it...

cowanfamily

I say leave it alone. Just give it a good refurb. There are few if any movies over the last 10 years that could be considered "GREAT". This ride is a look into the past of great movies.

As soon as they change this attraction out, I give it 1 year before everyone is crying for the return of the old attraction. It happens every time.

WED99

Original Poster
I say leave it alone. Just give it a good refurb. There are few if any movies over the last 10 years that could be considered "GREAT". This ride is a look into the past of great movies.

As soon as they change this attraction out, I give it 1 year before everyone is crying for the return of the old attraction. It happens every time.
20 years. And I think this is different, it's not just wanting it to be modified for personal enjoyment or opinion. It's just something that a lot of people can agree "This needs to change" which doesn't happen often.

I'm yet to see people regretting DCA refurb ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom