Great Movie Ride and the apparent lack of Kubrick

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
One day, when I'm an adult, just about NObody will even know the movies currently in this ride. Man it'll be very interesting to see what my generation will come up with at Disney :3

FettFan

One day, when I'm an adult, just about NObody will even know the movies currently in this ride. Man it'll be very interesting to see what my generation will come up with at Disney :3

The Not-So-Great Remake Ride.
TARZAN-POSTER.jpg

Bairstow

One day, when I'm an adult, just about NObody will even know the movies currently in this ride.

All the more reason not to change the scenes.
Great movies tend to stay great.

When I first rode the attraction as a kid, I hadn't seen any of those movies except Mary Poppins, The Wizard of Oz, and Raiders. At this point, motivated somewhat by the attraction, I've seen almost all of them.

BryceM

I would love to 2001 featured in GMR. It's one of my favorite films, and I would love to glide past HAL 9000; one of the most iconic movie villains of all time.

Also, Alien needs to stay. Another one of the best films ever.

Magenta Panther

Magenta Panther has no sense of humor; after all, he hates the Muppets. He wants to stop their foolishness.

Of course I have a sense of humor. But mine has matured, while you still think grown men with socks are their hands is funny. :confused:

BTW, the new Muppet film is a world-wide flop. Yep, I just can't say that enough. :D

Matt_Black

Of course I have a sense of humor. But mine has matured, while you still think grown men with socks are their hands is funny. :confused:

BTW, the new Muppet film is a world-wide flop. Yep, I just can't say that enough. :D

A flop that nearly 4 out of 5 film critics liked. And it hasn't opened in all the foreign markets yet, from my understanding.

Magenta Panther

A flop that nearly 4 out of 5 film critics liked. And it hasn't opened in all the foreign markets yet, from my understanding.

Yeah, film critics totally matter. Look, dude, it's a bomb, a disaster, a stinkeroo. There aren't enough foreign markets left out there to make it anything like a success. There will be no more Muppet movies. There won't be any Muppet expansion in the parks. You're just going to have to be okay with that.

FettFan

Also, Alien needs to stay. Another one of the best films ever.

The only way I could enjoy them removing Alien is if they put in ALIENS.

Basically it wouldn't change much....just a few pieces to convert the Nostromo into Hadley's Hope, re-work the aliens to have the warrior head-ridges, a wardrobe swap for Ripley and add in animatronics for Hicks, Hudson, and Vasquez.

Because yeah.
2263a.jpg

Bairstow

The only way I could enjoy them removing Alien is if they put in ALIENS.

Basically it wouldn't change much....just a few pieces to convert the Nostromo into Hadley's Hope, re-work the aliens to have the warrior head-ridges, a wardrobe swap for Ripley and add in animatronics for Hicks, Hudson, and Vasquez.

Because yeah.
2263a.jpg

I've got a better idea.

Apc09.jpg

6572978097_624f7e264d.jpg

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

Matt_Black

Yeah, film critics totally matter. Look, dude, it's a bomb, a disaster, a stinkeroo. There aren't enough foreign markets left out there to make it anything like a success. There will be no more Muppet movies. There won't be any Muppet expansion in the parks. You're just going to have to be okay with that.

Treasure Planet's failure in theaters didn't stop them from doing more with pirates, did it?

BuddyThomas

I think your crystal ball has a crack in it. Better take it to the shop.

Matt_Black

It wasn't the pirates that made Treasure Planet a flop, but rather that odd sci-fi overlay of the classic story. Do I have a problem with sci-fi? Not at all. But it has no place in the Treasure Island story, as the audience and critical backlash result showed.

Actually, it's held up quite well critically, and it did well on home entertainment.

Pirates and high seas adventures have not gone the way of westerns into cinematic flophood. The POTC franchise as you referenced clearly shows us that.

As a counterpoint, let me just say two words- Cutthroat Island.

Uncle Remus

Speaking of the Shining, everytime I'm walking through the Boardwalk hotel at night it reminds me of the movie. I halfway expect to see creepy twins on the way to my room

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom