Great Movie Ride AA's and Props

Andsome

Pretty funny that we're all talking about D*ck Van D*ke seeing as how this image surfaced:
ECY6GOGD-zm15pv8g-****-van-****-animatronics.jpeg

People on Twitter were questioning as to whether or not that was the actual animatronic from the ride seeing as how he's standing upright, but they could've just taken his clothes, skins, etc. and transplanted them onto a static figure for all I know.

Any word as to whether or not that's true, @Disnerd2003?

The Grand Inquisitor

Pretty funny that we're all talking about D*ck Van D*ke seeing as how this image surfaced:
View attachment 451057
People on Twitter were questioning as to whether or not that was the actual animatronic from the ride seeing as how he's standing upright, but they could've just taken his clothes, skins, etc. and transplanted them onto a static figure for all I know.

Awesome! I'm so happy to see they gave Mr Van (one of my favorite actors of all time) the AA of Bert. I hope whatever the Mary Poppins ride at EPCOT is that it features the Mary Poppins AA.

FettFan

View attachment 451057

Well....DVD LOVES animatronics and has been known to put up elaborate displays in his yard each Halloween.

It wouldn't surprise me if he approached Disney to buy it as soon as he heard the GMR was closing.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
**** Van ****.

Just had to type it out and see :)

Therein lies the problem. The forum censor is sentient and knows if you're typing out his name or just testing to see if you can. Similar to selecting a bunch of traffic lights in a random assortment of images to gain access, you must prove to the forum censor that you are being truthful with your intentions of typing Dic‎k's name. The second it believes you are trying to bypass it, the censor will replace the letters with an *. True Story.

Last edited:

Benjamin_Nicholas

Therein lies the problem. The forum censor is sentient and knows if you're typing out his name or just testing to see if you can. Similar to selecting a bunch of traffic lights in a random assortment of images to gain access, you must prove to the forum censor that you are being truthful with your intentions of typing Dic‎k's name. The second it believes you are trying to bypass the censor, it will replace the letters with an *.

I take it as a badge of pride that the censor thinks I'm being dirty

Andsome

Chimney Sweep Bert looks a lot better than I remember him looking on the ride. Are we sure this is the actual AA?
They probably refurbished it before donating it to his estate, the chimney soot on his face definitely looks more vibrant than it did previously.

Giss Neric

It's not exactly related to GMR but I'm annoyed as to why they made a ride with Ellen Degeneres on the name, yet she never even rode that ride and made fun of her own animatronic in her show.

The AA itself is not the same, as Ripley didn't actually move aside from her head turning and eyes looking from side to side.
ripley-de-alien.jpg

Everything below the shoulders is essentially a mannequin.

Redd's Apple Ale up there has a bending torso and moves both arms.

Besides. She looks more like Geena Davis than Sigourney Weaver.
03.jpg

Cutthroat Island - The pirate movie so insanely bad it makes DMTNT look like Shakespeare.
Oh. speaking of that animatronic, Finn in RoTR was that animatronic but reused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom