Grand Opening of Harry Potter...Who's Going?

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Anyone gonna try to fight the crowds to attend the grand opening? I will be and have my video camera on hand to chronicle the action!

wvugeoggrad

I'm thinking of heading over tomorrow just to see how the crowds are. I'm not too concerned about riding anything since I was lucky enough to get in a few weeks ago but if they are using the single rider line I might hop in it if it doesn't look too bad.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm less interested in the Grand Opening than what the crowds will look like 4-6 months down the road....

JROK

Pretty ridiculous crowds. The park is already at capacity (around 11am) and they are only letting in groups of people at a time to Potter. Forbidden Journey is at a 90min wait. Olivanders wand shop was reported to be 45min while the coasters were all less than 20min. There were more than 5,000 people in line by 9am and the line stretched from Jurassic Park to Marvel.

Photos of the crowd action:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/centralfloridavacationguide/23946671/detail.html

I don't think IOA, or Universal, have been this crowded since IOA opened. I don't think they were ready for this...

SleepingMonk

WOW!!!

Those pics showing a solid wall of people all the way thru CityWalk are just crazy.

It's an awesome ride and a great addition but that's just nuts.

Slipknot

Trigger the complains of guests who think it's too small, crowded, and not enough to do...

At least two of those attractions should be shut down right now due to lightning in the area. It'll be interesting to see/hear from anyone who went how much more crazy it got because of that.

BrerFrog

Pretty ridiculous crowds. The park is already at capacity (around 11am) and they are only letting in groups of people at a time to Potter. Forbidden Journey is at a 90min wait. Olivanders wand shop was reported to be 45min while the coasters were all less than 20min. There were more than 5,000 people in line by 9am and the line stretched from Jurassic Park to Marvel.

Photos of the crowd action:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/centralfloridavacationguide/23946671/detail.html

I don't think IOA, or Universal, have been this crowded since IOA opened. I don't think they were ready for this...

That is a lot of people! :eek:

EpcotServo

I have never seen that many people at Universal. Only time it would've come close to that was at the Passholder night for Mummy, which thankfully I was at the front of the line for.
:lol:

joanna71985

I went to the grand opening today (arriving around 5:15), and it was a ZOO!! But I had fun.

I'm thinking of heading over tomorrow just to see how the crowds are. I'm not too concerned about riding anything since I was lucky enough to get in a few weeks ago but if they are using the single rider line I might hop in it if it doesn't look too bad.

They had single rider going today. I rode 4 times, and never waited longer then 10 minutes. In fact, the last 2 times I walked onto the ride.

Agreed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom