Grand Floridian vs. Four Seasons

TrojanUSC

This one is easy , the market dictates the higher GF price and worth. I personally would rather stay at GF since it's a Disney trip , you stay in the bubble and you get onsite privedges like Fastpass and dining priority. Plus the location advantage which is obvious. You can find a 4 seasons in just about any major metro area

FS is located in the heart of Disney property and has a full character breakfast two days a week, so it's more "in the bubble" than other Disney hotels. This FS is pretty spectacular and was designed especially for WDW, with the best pool on property.

durangojim

FS is located in the heart of Disney property and has a full character breakfast two days a week, so it's more "in the bubble" than other Disney hotels. This FS is pretty spectacular and was designed especially for WDW, with the best pool on property.
The adult pool is impossible to beat any where on Disney property including the cabanas at the GF. Being recognized by name each day with the pool staff remembering where we like to sit was amazing.

TrojanUSC

The adult pool is impossible to beat any where on Disney property including the cabanas at the GF. Being recognized by name each day with the pool staff remembering where we like to sit was amazing.

Exactly. The family pools are also spectacular. One of the things, among many, Disney needs to do better at is really screen which College Programmers get staffed where, given that is their primary source of front-line labor now. Their initial interview slots them into a line of business (foods, hotel front desk, recreation, etc). However, it's luck of the draw from there. Whether it's a fun out-going personality or previous hospitality experience, the Grand Floridian should be staffed with the best of the best, with other deluxe hotels following suit. Alas, that isn't the case and there's no real difference between the quality of talent you get at All-Star Music and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Trust2deal

I know I am late to post this - but having stayed at both the GF and FS - it comes down to what you want out of the experience. FS pampers you, excellent customer service (they remember what you like throughout your stay), pools - with the feeling you are a 'block away from all the Disney culture. The FS focus on detail is extreme and highly regarded. Whereas if you are looking to be 'on the block' with a monorail away from the MK and part of the Disney Scene - the GF is the place to be. Again the customer service is above average but not quite the FS level of service. If you are with kids lean toward the GF, if your kids are older (post 21) lean on the FS. You can't go wrong with either. Someone posted staying at both - which is a great idea. We have stayed at two or more Disney places during a trip - it's an excellent way to experience different themes and service - fun too.

21stamps

Exactly. The family pools are also spectacular. One of the things, among many, Disney needs to do better at is really screen which College Programmers get staffed where, given that is their primary source of front-line labor now. Their initial interview slots them into a line of business (foods, hotel front desk, recreation, etc). However, it's luck of the draw from there. Whether it's a fun out-going personality or previous hospitality experience, the Grand Floridian should be staffed with the best of the best, with other deluxe hotels following suit. Alas, that isn't the case and there's no real difference between the quality of talent you get at All-Star Music and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I stayed at a Value for the first time a few months ago.. I’d have to disagree with your post, from my personal experience. It was the first time ever where I felt like the CMs were stressed, rushed, and impersonal. The whole checking in process was awful, even worse was trying to talk to the concierge.
I’ve never had that experience at a deluxe.

DisneyDaver

I know I am late to post this - but having stayed at both the GF and FS - it comes down to what you want out of the experience. FS pampers you, excellent customer service (they remember what you like throughout your stay), pools - with the feeling you are a 'block away from all the Disney culture. The FS focus on detail is extreme and highly regarded. Whereas if you are looking to be 'on the block' with a monorail away from the MK and part of the Disney Scene - the GF is the place to be. Again the customer service is above average but not quite the FS level of service. If you are with kids lean toward the GF, if your kids are older (post 21) lean on the FS. You can't go wrong with either. Someone posted staying at both - which is a great idea. We have stayed at two or more Disney places during a trip - it's an excellent way to experience different themes and service - fun too.

Going with my family in November and staying at the Contemporary. I would like to go again next spring and need to talk my wife into another WDW trip. I am trying to sell her on staying at the FS in the spring and spending our days 50/50 between hanging out at the resort and the parks so that (a) it wouldn't just be a WDW trip and (b) she would get plenty of relaxation/pool time. What are your thoughts on how the FS will be with kids age 1.5 and almost 4?

Much-Pixie-Dust

There’s nice touches of Disney throughout lobby and shops at FS. Minnie’s outfit at the character breakfast is one of my most favorite Minnie looks with the most adorable sunglasses. I love this little hidden Mickey in the picture. Also love the Ariel statue you see driving in and out of Golden Oak. It makes me happy. To the OP, do a spilt stay Start at GF and end at FS.
CA39AE9D-FCBC-4AF4-A48E-FBACEA564426.jpeg

disney4life2008

I stayed at a Value for the first time a few months ago.. I’d have to disagree with your post, from my personal experience. It was the first time ever where I felt like the CMs were stressed, rushed, and impersonal. The whole checking in process was awful, even worse was trying to talk to the concierge.
I’ve never had that experience at a deluxe.

I love the values but let's be real there is no true concierge at them. Now,, there used to be. But sports is a mess. Their whole lobby area looks like a day care.

wagner1225

With Disney you are receiving Themeing, people seem to compare Disney to a 4 Star and 5 Star, but how many hotels have Animals walking around such as AKL, and the Theming at GF is pretty good, where else is a Monorail running thru it, Contemporay, I will admit its a hard choice

Trust2deal

Going with my family in November and staying at the Contemporary. I would like to go again next spring and need to talk my wife into another WDW trip. I am trying to sell her on staying at the FS in the spring and spending our days 50/50 between hanging out at the resort and the parks so that (a) it wouldn't just be a WDW trip and (b) she would get plenty of relaxation/pool time. What are your thoughts on how the FS will be with kids age 1.5 and almost 4?
The FS pool area is awesome and very conducive to 1.5 and 4 year old - that being said the Contemporary has awesome facilities as well and you are close to MK. you can't go wrong with either FYI

Trust2deal

I have seen some similar comments regarding concierge - with our last trip Oct 2017 - we stayed at the yacht club concierge level. We were pleasantly surprised at the concierge level service - the food and drink - and the hospitality. If any food or drink was not available - they would get it (surprised at that). They were able to get us into any restaurant (we don't plan well in advance) - they provided very nice room amenities and even scored us extra FP daily when we have already identified the base 3 FP's. I would even go as far as to say they suggested a number of 'things to do' that we would not have done without their notice. I believe it also comes down to having a concierge who is well experienced. They know the ins and outs - have connections with people throughout the park etc...

drwadadli

Okay so tell me your thoughts on Four Seasons vs. Grand Floridian

Right now for August 2018- a room at the Four Seasons is $460 and the Grand Floridan is $600 (?!)

I have never stayed at either, and my husband and I are doing kind of a "second honeymoon". I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian, but $600 is literally insane to me, and if I am going to pay that much I want the luxury that the Four Seasons offers (nice spa, lazy river, etc.)

If you have stayed at one or the other or BOTH, please give me your feedback

Grand Floridian hands down!!!!!!

It is one of the monorail resorts so you don't need to worry about catch the shuttle to MK or Epcot. I have stayed at a few Four Seasons and granted I haven't used the spa at this Four Seasons but the spa at the Grand Floridian is better than any of the spas at the Four Seasons I have stayed at. You can get a room that overlooks the MK from the Grand Floridian that you can't get at the Four Seasons. Also, there is an excellent restaurant at the Grand Floridian that is great for Anniversaries, birthdays or celebrating "second honeymoons" ------- Victoria & Albert's!!!

To be able to hop on the monorail to ride to Epcot over taking a shuttle, I would pick the Grand Floridian over the Four Seasons ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!

Hockey89

Grand Floridian hands down!!!!!!

It is one of the monorail resorts so you don't need to worry about catch the shuttle to MK or Epcot. I have stayed at a few Four Seasons and granted I haven't used the spa at this Four Seasons but the spa at the Grand Floridian is better than any of the spas at the Four Seasons I have stayed at. You can get a room that overlooks the MK from the Grand Floridian that you can't get at the Four Seasons. Also, there is an excellent restaurant at the Grand Floridian that is great for Anniversaries, birthdays or celebrating "second honeymoons" ------- Victoria & Albert's!!!

To be able to hop on the monorail to ride to Epcot over taking a shuttle, I would pick the Grand Floridian over the Four Seasons ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!
The spa at the four season in Orlando is night and day better than the GF... It's not even close.....

drwadadli

The spa at the four season in Orlando is night and day better than the GF... It's not even close.....
Then I will have to try it the next time. I guess they stepped up their game at Disney. Compared to the Four Season spas at Nevis, Anguilla, Baltimore, or Las Vegas, I would pick GF's spa over those.

Hockey89

Then I will have to try it the next time. I guess they stepped up their game at Disney. Compared to the Four Season spas at Nevis, Anguilla, Baltimore, or Las Vegas, I would pick GF's spa over those.
On that list, I've only been to the Vegas Four Season.... 100% better. I don't know what they did to the Boston Spa bc that was downright said... The gym is very nice as well...

wplong1

Premium Member
This was our view from VGF last February (there are rooms at the GF with even better MK views of course). The sunset catches the Contemporary in the evenings, the boats and monorails and fireworks are visible from the balcony. Worth every bit of staying on property and at the GF. The location is perfect/priceless. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. I might consider going to the Four Seasons at the end of a trip after the Disney part is done. But if we are going to WDW we're going inside the monorail loop. The overall experience just can't be beat.

IMG_2614.jpg

winstongator

No comparison, the Four Seasons is one of my favorite hotels I've stayed at anywhere. From the service to the dining it's all pretty spectacular. They have a luxury bus take you to the parks. Disney hotels have fallen short in recent years, along with the advent of the Dining Plan which has made much of the food mediocre.

In short, the FS is the kind of experience you should get at the Grand Floridian and once did but no longer can.

One suggestion is to plan at least half a day at the Four Seasons pools. They are a water park in and of themselves. Also make sure you do dinner at Capa, it has a stunning view of the fireworks (photo is posted earlier in the thread).
Even in very cold weather, Marathon weekend 2017, my daughters and I loved the waterslides and lazy river. The next day the slides were closed because it was too cold.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
On that list, I've only been to the Vegas Four Season.... 100% better. I don't know what they did to the Boston Spa bc that was downright said... The gym is very nice as well...
Sure you have been. Easy enough to just google places and parrot the most recent reviews. Well done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom