Grand Floridian vs. Four Seasons

TrojanUSC

No comparison, the Four Seasons is one of my favorite hotels I've stayed at anywhere. From the service to the dining it's all pretty spectacular. They have a luxury bus take you to the parks. Disney hotels have fallen short in recent years, along with the advent of the Dining Plan which has made much of the food mediocre.

In short, the FS is the kind of experience you should get at the Grand Floridian and once did but no longer can.

One suggestion is to plan at least half a day at the Four Seasons pools. They are a water park in and of themselves. Also make sure you do dinner at Capa, it has a stunning view of the fireworks (photo is posted earlier in the thread).

KaliSplash

Grand Floridian for the above mentioned reason. Location, location, location. Four Seasons is probably very nice and is certainly more affordable. It's also on the outer edges of the universe.

TrojanUSC

True, but I don't believe it runs as often as the Disney buses or monorails. There are pros/cons to both.

Valid but I think in 2017 most FS guests aren't opposed to taking Uber or Lyft for maximum convenience. You could use that for every ride of the trip and still come out less per night than GF.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For the same amount of money I would probably say GF based on location and convenience over luxury but $140 is a lot of extra money. If I wasn’t going to spend as much time in the parks anyway I’d definitely go with Four Seasons. You would lose out on EMHs and 60 day fastpass booking which may mean no availability for FoP or a few other rides but again, $140 a night is a lot extra.

TXDisney

Four Seasons is nicer in pretty much every aspect minus convenience. So is the convenience worth the price for you is the question. I will say we love staying at the GF for a trip. Honestly for me what would make my mind up is how long my stay is. If it’s a short trip I’d do GF for the convenience, but if doing a longer trip I’d do Four Seasons.

Dave B

I was just saying the picture makes it look so far away, where is it on property? close to what Disney hotels, just for proximity? thx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom