Grand Floridian vs. Four Seasons

laben594

Original Poster
Okay so tell me your thoughts on Four Seasons vs. Grand Floridian

Right now for August 2018- a room at the Four Seasons is $460 and the Grand Floridan is $600 (?!)

I have never stayed at either, and my husband and I are doing kind of a "second honeymoon". I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian, but $600 is literally insane to me, and if I am going to pay that much I want the luxury that the Four Seasons offers (nice spa, lazy river, etc.)

If you have stayed at one or the other or BOTH, please give me your feedback

21stamps

I would choose GF. You can stay at a luxury hotel in any city.. you only have a Monorail passing above you while you’re at an MK Resort. .. and you only have the view of the castle etc at an MK Resort...and you only have the Electrical Water Pageant from a MK Resort., and a wonderful view of the Fireworks.. and a launch to the Poly or MK...and walk to dinner at the Poly..a Monorail ride to the TTC for Epcot...etc etc..

The convenience and sights win hands down for me.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would choose GF. You can stay at a luxury hotel in any city.. you only have a Monorail passing above you while you’re at an MK Resort. .. and you only have the view of the castle etc at an MK Resort...and you only have the Electrical Water Pageant from a MK Resort., and a wonderful view of the Fireworks.. and a launch to the Poly or MK...and walk to dinner at the Poly..a Monorail ride to the TTC for Epcot...etc etc..

The convenience and sights win hands down for me.
This is the view from the Four Seasons

cq5dam.web.720.405.jpeg

DisneyJoe

No Magical Express at the Four Seasons, so an extra cost for airport transfers. Not an issue if you are driving - which also helps with getting to/from the parks.

Some day my wife and I will stay at the Four Seasons, but we won't spend much time in the parks if we do.

ABQ

Four Season, obviously, will arraign for your travel from the airport and back, and it'll still come in under the cost of the GF, not sure about other on property perks though, like fastpass+ booking windows. They also have a character breakfast at the Four Seasons. But...some people felt the sky was falling when WDW allowed dogs at a few resorts, be aware, the Four Season's allows dogs (and cats) under 20 pounds. Don't know many cats that large, aside from possibly that amazing one in @Sonconato 's avatar.

Sonconato

Four Season, obviously, will arraign for your travel from the airport and back, and it'll still come in under the cost of the GF, not sure about other on property perks though, like fastpass+ booking windows. They also have a character breakfast at the Four Seasons. But...some people felt the sky was falling when WDW allowed dogs at a few resorts, be aware, the Four Season's allows dogs (and cats) under 20 pounds. Don't know many cats that large, aside from possibly that amazing one in @Sonconato 's avatar.
I don't know what you mean.
IMG_3577.JPG

Believe it or not, she has no interest in human food and is on prescription diet food from the vet's. The bag says that 88% of cats on this food lose weight. I found the 12%.:cat:

wdwfan22

Four Seasons is the more deluxe of the two, however if your there to only visit Walt Disney World, the Grand Floridian is more convenient.

drizgirl

I don't know what you mean.
View attachment 248257
Believe it or not, she has no interest in human food and is on prescription diet food from the vet's. The bag says that 88% of cats on this food lose weight. I found the 12%.:cat:
I have another one who would be in that 12%. We adopted her years ago at the shelter after she had been left behind in an apartment without food for an extended period of time. I say she now has "food insecurity" (and who wouldn't?) We give her weight loss cat food, but it's hard to consider cutting back too much.

Sonconato

I have another one who would be in that 12%. We adopted her years ago at the shelter after she had been left behind in an apartment without food for an extended period of time. I say she now has "food insecurity" (and who wouldn't?) We give her weight loss cat food, but it's hard to consider cutting back too much.
I am so glad she found a nice home with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom