Grand Floridian Resort restaurants, shops and courtyard pool to close for refurbishment this year

cgulls

Maybe they read the title of the thread and didn't realise that it was created last year?

Aahhh, I bet that's it. I got worried there was yet another announcement. I like to tell myself they've done all these restaurant, shop and pool renovations for our April, 2013 visit. :)

kane47

Found some pictures of Gasparillas on another site.
1Gasparilla.jpg
IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg

kane47

It looks like the game room took over the Mouseketeers Club site. Has this been relocated or is Disney getting out of the baby sitting business?

awesomeinabox

Aahhh, I bet that's it. I got worried there was yet another announcement. I like to tell myself they've done all these restaurant, shop and pool renovations for our April, 2013 visit. :)
I wouldn't get your hopes up sadly. :( I was excited for the new pool renos to be done when I booked my trip for next week and lo and behold there will be no courtyard pool open right outside of our building, when I called I was told early spring at the earliest (which could be wrong, I am just going by what the lady on the phone said her computer said). Thankfully it will still be Disney World so I am sure it will still be a fabulous trip.

NewfieFan

Might be beyond that. Not sure the relatively minimal new infrastructure is sufficient to support 200 new villas likely to be occupied every night. Surprised the new DVC doesn't seem to have its own anything--pool, restaurant, bar...

So there's no new restaurant or pool for the new DVC?

71jason

The new Gasparilla looks great! It finally looks like it belongs in the flagship resort, and the new color scheme is very soothing. I am glad to have the arcade in a separate spot too. All positive improvements.

It definitely looks better, feels more relaxing. Haven't had a lot there, but the food I've had has been very good for what it is, as well.

Plus now I have my bar back, which is nice. ;)

cgulls

I wouldn't get your hopes up sadly. :( I was excited for the new pool renos to be done when I booked my trip for next week and lo and behold there will be no courtyard pool open right outside of our building, when I called I was told early spring at the earliest (which could be wrong, I am just going by what the lady on the phone said her computer said). Thankfully it will still be Disney World so I am sure it will still be a fabulous trip.

Other than the DVC building and the wall in front of the beach pool, the only other thing that should still be under construction in April is the Courtyard Pool. It was initially scheduled to reopen last month, then it said Spring, 2013. Now it is March 2013. It would be a bummer if that was stilled walled off but i was referring, too, to the restaurant and shop renovations and clean-ups, all of which are complete, I believe.

awesomeinabox

It would be a bummer if that was stilled walled off but i was referring, too, to the restaurant and shop renovations and clean-ups, all of which are complete, I believe.
Ah then yea I think those are finished. I leave Sunday so I can grab pics of anything if you want!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom