Gran Fiesta Tour What Could Have Been

aladdin2007

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I was reading an article over on allears.net and a trip report on tokyo disneyland. they showed a picture of the Mickey Mouse Revue show which I guess has a three caballeros scene and I couldnt help but think wow that would have been great to have animatronics in the Mexico ride like that but no of course they cheaped out here and went with screens only instead of a new set. I pasted the picture below just to show for fun. That just looks like it would have been perfect for Mexico, especially the end scene instead of the fake stage and screen. They could have done something like this in that spot where the creepy carousel use to be. :wave: Oh well maybe one day when a good team gets put in place at Epcot. Doesnt that look cool though?
Mickey%20Mouse%20Review%206.jpg

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Those are some nice AA's! Good find. :D

I think they wanted to do Gran Fiesta with a bare bones budget just to spruce it up, but I could be wrong. I also might be the only one, but I liked the crazy people carousel!

aladdin2007

Original Poster
but I liked the crazy people carousel!

No your not the only one I actually liked it too, even though it was outdated and a bit creepy but I still liked it. I liked the mirror effect. It made the room look so much bigger and now thats gone.

DSolo4

Those AAs are impressive, but let's just be grateful that they finally recognized the most underrated Disney movie of all time. :)

urbanvegan

Did Disney cheap out - or was it the Mexican sponsors?

Who bankrolled the project?

For the record, I like it as it is now just fine. I was just wondering.

Grim Grinner

Don't get me wrong, but I love the ride as it currently stands. I love the sights, the sounds (especially the bass)-and the smells of the nearby food (plus the Disney water).

Animatronics would have been cool, but really enjoy this ride.

In fact, the only real change I'd bring is to insert the old song somewhere (maybe the loading bay).

Gooch

It's a cute little ride. I mean, it's not at the top of my "To Do" list when visiting Epcot, but I am always in and out in no time. I enjoy it.

the-reason14

The thing that was missing for me was some AAs. I mean, come on, I like the ride, but it is just like the nemo ride. You just watch some dang screens, they could have put atleast 1 set of the three cabellores in there I mean for real. I can see why nemo wouldnt have any AAs, as it would seem hard to do, but the three cabellores? There really isnt eny excuse for that one.

pinnacle06

Anyone else really not like this? Last time I went on, we all just kind of stared at each other at the end.

One of the worst rides in WDW.... I remember going on this with my friends when it first reopened.... and we did the same exact thing... just kinda stared at each other and did the ollllle rolly eyes....:lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

One of the worst rides in WDW.... I remember going on this with my friends when it first reopened.... and we did the same exact thing... just kinda stared at each other and did the ollllle rolly eyes....:lookaroun

Yeah, I kinda did the same. At the end, I found it to be just too much. I mean, around every turn, there's some one yelling "Donald!" or "Where's Donald?" Put that together with the rather up tempo music, and it left me feeling kinda exhausted by the end. El Rio was much more calm, a pleasant journey through Mexico, whereas I found Gran Fiesta rather loud and in your face. Also, at least El Rio foucused more on the culture of Mexico. Gran Fiesta is too much about the three cabs and not enough about the country. :shrug:

However, yes, it would have been nice to see some AAs at the end rather than a screen. I guess funding fell short, which is a shame.

EPCOT Explorer

Hi everyone,

I was reading an article over on allears.net and a trip report on tokyo disneyland. they showed a picture of the Mickey Mouse Revue show which I guess has a three caballeros scene and I couldnt help but think wow that would have been great to have animatronics in the Mexico ride like that but no of course they cheaped out here and went with screens only instead of a new set. I pasted the picture below just to show for fun. That just looks like it would have been perfect for Mexico, especially the end scene instead of the fake stage and screen. They could have done something like this in that spot where the creepy carousel use to be. :wave: Oh well maybe one day when a good team gets put in place at Epcot. Doesnt that look cool though?
Mickey%20Mouse%20Review%206.jpg
Looks nice...perhaps this will be "plussed" in? That would be cooooooool.:D

el rio del tiempo esta muerto.:cry:
si,es no bueno.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom