Gran Fiesta Tour What Could Have Been

hhhmickey

Count me in as one who enjoys this ride as well...is it the best in Epcot? Not even close. Nevertheless, it's one my family enjoys and normally it is quick to get on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One of the worst rides in WDW.... I remember going on this with my friends when it first reopened.... and we did the same exact thing... just kinda stared at each other and did the ollllle rolly eyes....:lookaroun
It ain`t El Rio, but its better than the attraction just being shuttered and the lagoon left boatless. Which was the other option.
Just think `Sea Cabs`.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
It ain`t El Rio, but its better than the attraction just being shuttered and the lagoon left boatless. Which was the other option.
Just think `Sea Cabs`.

There's that silver lining. :D

I know it's bad to take a, "Hey, it could have been worse..." attitude with most things. I just can't think that anyone would not approve of Gran Fiesta when they really could have done worse... Like just shut it down, a la Sea Cabs (like Martin said).

EPCOT Explorer

There's that silver lining. :D

I know it's bad to take a, "Hey, it could have been worse..." attitude with most things. I just can't think that anyone would not approve of Gran Fiesta when they really could have done worse... Like just shut it down, a la Sea Cabs (like Martin said).
I use the same attitude on SSE...It could have been MUCH MUCH worse...But I do love SSE '07.It just needs something.:rolleyes:;)

hokielutz

I can't say its the best ride, or near the best.... but it really is a fun improvement over the 20yr out-dated El-Rio.

As much as animatronics would have been fun, you can't get the comical actions out of the AA's that you can get from the cartoon production.

PintoColvig

I didn't realize that there was so much hate for this one. Sheesh.

I don't understand the hate either. It's not like they took an awesome ride and turned it into what it is today. I enjoyed the old El Rio but the ride never lived up to its potential. The beginning of the ride began with great possibilities--the temple, the eerie river, the mist, etc.--but it just devolved into a travelogue. You entered in thinking "Pirates of the Caribbean" and end up on "It's a Small World". As I see the latest version, it's no better nor worse than its predecessor. Just updated and more kid-friendly. But what do I know? :shrug:

dxwwf3

I don't know what the budget for Gran Fiesta Tour actually was, but after riding it for the first time this summer, I would guess it was one of the smallest changeover budgets in WDW history. I had hoped that they were going to plus El Rio, but I actually think it was a step backwards. I don't think it is terrible, but I certainly do not view it as an improvement over the previous incarnation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom