Grammar Pet Peeves

DanStat

Original Poster
Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

Does anyone over the age of 15 do this??

I thought it was a jr high (excuse me, middle school) thing.

i Am AnXiOuS tO hEaR fRoM yOu.

(not only is it annoying to read, it is a pain to type)

Reading like that gives me seizures! The other thing I can't stand is that extremely loopy girl's manuscript writing...drives me nuts....

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by dopey

Hey, a J-major! If you ever come to Chicago, I'll introduce you to my pal, Bob Greene! :eek:

Your journalism teacher is right. As a journalist, you should never think. :) You're kind of like a literary security guard: observe and report.

:wave: Me too! I'm a mass communications major! Journalism is really killing me this semester. My professor wrote our freaking book and she is terribly if you make a mistake that she points out in "her" book. Especially the "I think..."

Good to see a few more of us out there! Sorry for the thread drift. :animwink:

Erika

I'm guilty of the I Thinks. :wave:

Sometimes I mean it as "I am not completely sure, but..."
and other times I use it to soften my opinion a little.

Tramp

Originally posted by Erika
I'm guilty of the I Thinks. :wave:

Sometimes I mean it as "I am not completely sure, but..."
and other times I use it to soften my opinion a little.

..."I think" I should use, "it's been my experience," more often.

darthdarrel

I am a terrible typer,those of you that I chat with can vouch for that! LOL! But what drives me nuts is when People say DUDE,I guess that`s from that one car comercial where there is 2 guys and a girl in the car and all they say is DUDE,dude, Dude,That comercial drove me insane!:p

Maria

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I am a terrible typer,those of you that I chat with can vouch for that! LOL! But what drives me nuts is when People say DUDE,I guess that`s from that one car comercial where there is 2 guys and a girl in the car and all they say is DUDE,dude, Dude,That comercial drove me insane!:p

Dude... relax.... :D :p
:animwink:

dopey

Originally posted by darthdarrel

I want to kill the Dell guy. :fork: :lol:

dopey

Originally posted by The Mom

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty! I often write "I think"or "I believe" when I should write "In my opinion." I guess I'm just trying to make a point that (despite what many people may think) I'm not infallible. ;)
And that was a joke! I am far from perfect...but at least I know it.

But always a perfect lady! :kiss: :D

dopey

Originally posted by One Lil Spark

:wave: Me too! I'm a mass communications major! Journalism is really killing me this semester. My professor wrote our freaking book and she is terribly if you make a mistake that she points out in "her" book. Especially the "I think..."

Good to see a few more of us out there! Sorry for the thread drift. :animwink:

OMG, that is horrible!

CmdrTostada

I absolutely hate it when people say "me and my friend", I cant stand it, they need to say "my friend and I". I also do not like it when people talk in slang, I dont get my generation and their extremely awful grammar, I'm 15. I also get annoyed when people use good instead of well, I sometimes do it but I try not to. Those are my pet peeves.

GenerationX

I have quite a few grammar pet peeves, including:
1. Using the word "that" when it is unnecessary. I thought that Pluto wanted to sign the book that I was holding.
2. Pronouncing the word "moot" as mute.
3. Misspelling anything written in a package with a spell checker.

I also agree with what has been said about apostrophes. I rented two stroller's. :zipit: :zipit:

Erika

Originally posted by GenerationX
I have quite a few grammar pet peeves, including:
1. Using the word "that" when it is unnecessary. I thought that Pluto wanted to sign the book that I was holding.
2. Pronouncing the word "moot" as mute.

Do you watch Friends ?

Joey: It's a moo point.
Rachel: Joey...a MOO point?
Joey: Yeah. It's like a cow's opinion; it doesn't matter.

:lol:

GenerationX

LOL, Erika! I stopped watching Friends after Survivor premiered. I can't get enough of backstabbin' and double-dealin' all for, of course, one million dollars! :drevil:

Yellow Shoes

Here's Another One

I remembered another grammar pet peeve:

I wish we could of pool hopped at Stormalong Bay, but the CM was checking ID.

instead of

I wish we could have seen the parade, but we were stuck in line at Space Mountain

RobFL

Account Suspended
Re: Here's Another One

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
I remembered another grammar pet peeve:

I wish we could of pool hopped at Stormalong Bay, but the CM was checking ID.

instead of

I wish we could have seen the parade, but we were stuck in line at Space Mountain

You are never stuck in a line.. you can always leave. Sorry, my guest complaint pet peeve.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: Here's Another One

Originally posted by One Lil Spark

:lol: Bitter?? :lol:

Just a little bit. I'm one of those types who comprehends that Disney World is very popular and lots of other people want to ride the ride just as much as I do, and the people infront of me got there first, and so they get to ride it first, and so the line only moves so fast. That all makes perfect sense to me.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom