Grading Walt Disney World Throughout the Decades

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Oh i totally admit thats a foreign concept to me. I work waaay to hard for my money to waste it. My son went to the Univ of Ohio, left home and proceeded to act like an idiot. Giess what I yanked his silly self home and he's now in Temple. Sorry no I expect value on my money and I love my kid waay more than the mouseworld
I dont think that anybody is comparing the value and price of a Disney trip vs the value of a childs education.

I admire your devotion to a place, I will never have it especially since that passion sets you up for further frustration.
I do not look at it as "devotion". Passion? Absolutely, but frustration comes with the territory when you have passion for a person or a place. Nothing is perfect, and I am not walking around the parks in a frustrated state of mind counting burned out light bulbs.
I do feel about sad for die hards though, Disney isn t going ti change its model in the forseeable future,
The "die hards" you feel sad for are most likely the reason Disney has not gone full tilt w/ mediocre offerings and more cutbacks. Customer service was declining over the last few years from its already declined state from decades ago and many people (mostly die hards that care enough to take time out of their day) sent emails to voice concern and things have improved tremendously over the last year. Same for the campaign that Micechat started yeas ago. Disney does notice these things. The people who just accept everything Disney does are the reason we get rides being re-skinned instead of new attractions being built.

My late husband and I loved Jamaica until the quality went down and the request for tips got out of control. That was the end of Jamaica and I was married there!!
I have to ask, if you truly loved it, why give up on it? You just accepted a decline in quality and gave up? What if that happens to the next place you "fall in love" with? Give up on that too? When would you reach that point where enough is enough? If you truly love something, the answer is never. (Brad Pit taught me that in The Mexican;))

eliza61nyc

I dont think that anybody is comparing the value and price of a Disney trip vs the value of a childs education.

But they were comparing it to other issues like professional sports team which I don't give money too. so I was simply throwing out another example

I have to ask, if you truly loved it, why give up on it? You just accepted a decline in quality and gave up? What if that happens to the next place you "fall in love" with? Give up on that too? When would you reach that point where enough is enough? If you truly love something, the answer is never. (Brad Pit taught me that in The Mexican;))

Because I consider it a waste of money when I do not give get what I have paid for (I realize that's subjective) and because they are simply waaay too many other places on the planet to waste money and more importantly TIME ON. I simply work too hard (I am not saying others don't). I love to travel so I could pretty go a new place every year.

Yes I do move on. I use to love Macy's department store, grew up on it, was a loyal customer since I was 18. I worked in the 34th store for many years as a young adult, lol I'm now closer to 60's Then the last couple of years the quality of the merchandise has become horrible. cheap stuff that fades and pills after one washing, fake coupons that you can't use on the stuff you really want. so no I do not shop there anymore.

So as to never, it depends on what we are talking about. Important stuff like kids, friends, family and church the answer is more concrete.

Now of course vacationing is not that life and death and that's part of my point. DISNEYWORLD is a place, is it a cool place, do I love it absolutely!!
Is my happiness dependant on it? absolutely not. Do I ever forget that it is a corportation that is not interested in my happiness? absolutely not.
But seriously, what incentive does the mouseworld have to get better? parks are still packed, and even those who complain about it's decline are still going (general, I have read the response from those here)

Sorry but imo if you take a dsiney vacation and then come home complaining that it's not as "good" as it was in yesteryears, it's time to perhaps find some other place to vacation. Once again that's just me, I have admitted obviously I don't have this "passion".

And for my family, the interesting thing is when we stopped going to Jamaica we discovered other fabulous places that we love better.
and I'm not defending the mouseworld because as I've said before the minute I start complaining about how I use to have a better time, how the food use to be so much better, it will be the time when I sell my dvc and move on.

I'm an educated consumer, I vote and voice my displeasure with my dollar. IMO way more effective than sending an email to customer service on complaining on a website. (that's is just me, I am in no way saying complaining via net is useless).

let me ask you, if you could never go again would you and your family never have a family vacation again?

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
let me ask you, if you could never go again would you and your family never have a family vacation again?
My family does take vacations elsewhere. Disney is not the only place we visit. You are still operating under the assumption that anybody who remarks about how something could be or used to be better is simply complaining. As @ParentsOf4 pointed out, this thread is about grading WDW against itself, not other places or the value of your money elsewhere.

Many of my families favorite things at WDW cost zero dollars. Sitting atop The Japan pavilion at Epcot with a wonderful view of Showcase Lagoon as the sun sets. Looking for hidden Mickeys, speaking with CM's from other countries around WS, watching my niece and nephews be amazed at the magic, etc. The executives can't take that away or replace it with Guardians of The Galaxy.

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
I'm an educated consumer, I vote and voice my displeasure with my dollar. IMO way more effective than sending an email to customer service on complaining on a website. (that's is just me, I am in no way saying complaining via net is useless).
Voicing your displeasure with only your dollars is one of the worst thing an "educated consumer" can do.

The company receives no feedback and has no idea why you're no longer buying the product. Did you die? Become unemployed? Have a health issue? Move? Have your needs or tastes changed?

Your decision to voice your displeasure with your dollars could be a hundred different things that have nothing to do with the company or its products.

Voting only with your dollars effectively tells the company to keep doing what it's doing.

It is much, much more effective for a large group to openly complain, being as specific as possible as to what's wrong. It's why you see companies react so quickly when a vocal group threatens to boycott them if they don't immediately start/stop whatever they are protesting.

If enough complain, a good company will proactively make corrections to address the problem to keep their paying customers happy. When their customers provide them with feedback, good companies watch for trends and take steps to correct problems before they grow even larger.

Frankly, when you "vote with your dollars", the only thing the company knows is that they've lost you. Without more information, it's a waste of their resources to guess why.

eliza61nyc

My family does take vacations elsewhere. Disney is not the only place we visit. You are still operating under the assumption that anybody who remarks about how something could be or used to be better is simply complaining. As @ParentsOf4 pointed out, this thread is about grading WDW against itself, not other places or the value of your money elsewhere.

Many of my families favorite things at WDW cost zero dollars. Sitting atop The Japan pavilion at Epcot with a wonderful view of Showcase Lagoon as the sun sets. Looking for hidden Mickeys, speaking with CM's from other countries around WS, watching my niece and nephews be amazed at the magic, etc. The executives can't take that away or replace it with Guardians of The Galaxy.
i wasn't assuming anything. I was asking.

eliza61nyc

Voicing your displeasure with only your dollars is one of the worst thing an "educated consumer" can do.

The company receives no feedback and has no idea why you're no longer buying the product. Did you die? Become unemployed? Have a health issue? Move? Have your needs or tastes changed?

Your decision to voice your displeasure with your dollars could be a hundred different things that have nothing to do with the company or its products.

Voting only with your dollars effectively tells the company to keep doing what it's doing.

It is much, much more effective for a large group to openly complain, being as specific as possible as to what's wrong. It's why you see companies react so quickly when a vocal group threatens to boycott them if they don't immediately start/stop whatever they are protesting.

If enough complain, a good company will proactively make corrections to address the problem to keep their paying customers happy. When their customers provide them with feedback, good companies watch for trends and take steps to correct problems before they grow even larger.

Frankly, when you "vote with your dollars", the only thing the company knows is that they've lost you. Without more information, it's a waste of their resources to guess why.

:D:D:D

I've got two words for you.

Adventurers club. How did that work out?? Disney doesn't give a rats shiny back side to the folks that give negative feedback.

There's a thread currently open about whether or not Disney has actually done something due to customers displeasure. go check it out.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
:D:D:D

Adventurers club. How did that work out?? Disney doesn't give a rats shiny back side to the folks that give negative feedback.

There's a thread currently open about whether or not Disney has actually done something due to customers displeasure. go check it out.
Your citing one single thing, (Adventurers Club) , as a rebuttal to what @ParentsOf4 stated about customers giving feedback for a company to make changes? That is an extremely random metric based on the sheer size and amount of venues all of WDW has offered over the years.

ParentsOf4

Original Poster

Adventurers club. How did that work out?? Disney doesn't give a rats shiny back side to the folks that give negative feedback
Two words back at you.

Disney Springs. ;)

The Adventures Club was a victim of Disney's massive steamroller called Disney Springs. An online petition that garnered a few thousand signatures was not going to stop corporate Disney's comprehensive plan to reimagine Downtown Disney.

Given the success of Disney Springs compared to the dying embers that was Pleasure Island, it looks like Disney was right.

And it's not like Disney did not listen. On occasion, they've brought the Adventures Club Cast Members together for special events. Disney DID listen and responded back as best they could given the limitations of the circumstances.

eliza61nyc

Two words back at you.

Disney Springs. ;)

The Adventures Club was a victim of Disney's massive steamroller called Disney Springs. An online petition that garnered a few thousand signatures was not going to stop corporate Disney's comprehensive plan to reimagine Downtown Disney.

Given the success of Disney Springs compared to the dying embers that was Pleasure Island, it looks like Disney was right.

And it's not like Disney did not listen. On occasion, they've brought the Adventures Club Cast Members together for special events. Disney DID listen and responded back as best they could given the limitations of the circumstances.

post hoc ergo propter hoc

one has nothing to do with the other. The got rid of the adventures club and the online petition was way more than a few thousand. it was not saved.

all good. if you think disney listens to you, that's great.

The Empress Lilly

Disney, like all companies, obsessively wants to understand its customers. Hence all the data gathering tech, the endless surveys, the after trip emails to partake in a quick questionnaire.

The problems are more disconnect between park fans and general audience, plus that Disney wants to understand the customer not to serve him, but to serve Wall Street, plus that mix of mismanagement, internally competing interests, short term goals.

wannabeBelle

Actually I think that @ParentsOf4 is a little more on target than most might think. Off Kilter was terminated a few years ago and a new act was brought in featuring some lumberjack act that was found outside of the parks on 192 ( Seriously!) In addition to the thousands of complaints that Off Kilter was removed, they now had people complaining that the new show was just awful. A new act ( an act from a few years previously with some new people) Alberta Bound was brought in and have been on this stage along with some other acts brought in from Canada periodically. Two of the guys from the band had been part of Off Kilter in recent years and there are some other musicians from other acts around the property that were also terminated previously. I am usually cautiously optimistic that we can be heard and adjustments made to ideas that don't work. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom