Got Your Insider Updates Right Here

Pete C

First, who said that we would be in space when the roof of the vehicle gets blown off to reveal the outer screen? Second, even if you are in space they will definitely have some explanation in regards to the space vacuum during the ride...heck they could even incorporate some effect as part of the ride. I actually thought of this exact idea when I was imagining up my own version of the ST revamp. To be enclosed in the vehicle, and then at the end having it open up to reveal a gigantic 3D screen with things flying all around...it sounds freaking incredible. If this stuff is true, this definitely has the potential to unseat Spiderman as the king of simulators.

Personally, I think simulators are the ultimate in high-tech show-off. I prefer this approach to Spiderman's room-by-room system because you are always in the same environment.

rdour@techminds

Touch Screens

OK, just a quick question. I really have difficulty using touch screens. I can't see them. Is there some other way to choose your options without having to actually see the screen? I have ridden SSE many times, and sometimes with nobody else in the vehicle. I'd love to visit every option at some point.

I also think of the baby boomer generation losing their sight, how will they select things on touch screen technology anyway. Maybe I can tell a ride operator what I want and they can do it. Easy way to fix this issue would be to provide a simple VOIP option where I can just select an option by picking up a handset. An IVR could do the trick. Asterisk to the rescue right?

Ryan

djkidkaz

Too bad I love Star Wars but get sick from motion simulators. :(

I was hoping they'd change the attraction to a roller coaster or something.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
We do have plans for making the touch-screen segments of the ride accessible to the visually impaired. I can't speak as to what they are at this time, but I do know that it was mentioned and approved previously.

brkgnews

- If somebody is trying to commandeer your ship, wouldn't it be cool if they said, "Hey, you with the gold necklace - yeah you! Who's in charge of this vessel? You're in a restricted travel zone, you know that?" "Careful Dan, the little girl in the back looks like she might be reaching for a laser pistol."

Ooooh! "Living Character Initiative," anyone? Now let's just hope they don't wuss out at the first budget meeting and go automated all the time (see also Calamity Jane in GMR, stagehand in RnRC, ranger in Kilimanjaro Safaris, and so forth).

jmvd20

Yes, the wand is coming down and now its public. However, I told it to you several weeks prior to it becoming common knowledge. As I said before, you will know whether I am legit or not by the accuracy of my statements.

Not saying you are or are not legit, just wanted to point out that the wand coming down was mentioned by numerous people prior to you stating it.

KevinPage

I can't speak as to what they are at this time, but I do know that it was mentioned and approved previously.

Not to question your authenticity, but is that meant as a purposeful tease OR do you simply not know at this time?

And are you TOLD by superiors to leak this info to the 'net? Just looking for the motive behind all the info as of late (you can understand our skepticism, right?)

:D

WDWFigment

Hopefully this is the start of MGM's revitalization. I certainly like the idea of several 'lands' in the park, and it certainly looks like that's what we may see.

jedimaster1227

Didn't you mention some sort of track being used for Star Tours? Could you explain that a little more?

More or less, but not really anything to consider a major tracked attraction. Mostly, the track will be used for an increased feeling of motion (swaying from side to side, rather than just shaking) and such... At least, thats what I've had described to me...

I'm starting to like this guy.

Same, as I knew that he was dead honest the first time he posted news. His sources are more than honest, and his news, more than probable. You have my support and trust! :wave:

Upward facing IMAX HD? With the cabins having new projectors this would mean either an opening -or lack of- ceiling, just like the new Kennedy Shuttle sim. Or a transparent one....

I can`t figure out DTS over Dolby either; but remember THX is a standard, not a format. In theory it could be applied to DTS as well.

Well, the concept of the open bay is the same (and intentional, with a more than interesting connection to the shuttle simulator that just opened), but the effect will be far greater, and far more- shall I say, explosive... :animwink:

jedimaster1227

Do you have a timetable on when this is going to start Jedi?

Once TSM opens, I would presume?

Not really, but the project is in line to parallel some of the other additions (and changes) on the way for the Studios. I'm expecting an announcement to come with the grand opening of the new show in the ABC theater. But then again, Star Tours isn't the only major project in line for the Studios after Toy Story Mania opens (in fact, there are at least two confirmed, with another two tentatives).

And I forgot to add in that on the Star Tours tracking, it would be a limited amount of movement, but movement none the less. I like to think of it as the simplest way to gain multiple ranges/axes of motion without using the KUKA arm system...

themarchhare

Making a Star Wars section and a Pixar section would be a nod in the right direction. But, of course, what 'section' would ToT and RnRC fit into? A general Music and Movies section? It's a very interesting idea...

What about "The Hollywood Hills" Section - both take place in Hollywood :wave:

themarchhare

If they remove the roofs so yuo look up into space then it won't be that your in a spaceship anymore...doesn't relaly make sense...The interactive element sounds dumb.

Oh yeah - interactivity is SO dumb. I just HATE new ideas. Turtle Talk is SUCH a waste of space.

I mean

NOT:hammer:

KevinPage

Okay, catch me up to speed here- the Star Tours cabs will allow you to see through the bottom, where your feet are? I'm not understanding all these viewpoints we're talking about.

Are they're going to be varying films for a different ride each time? Is there an equivalent to this out there now as a frame of reference?

Champion

Okay, catch me up to speed here- the Star Tours cabs will allow you to see through the bottom, where your feet are? I'm not understanding all these viewpoints we're talking about.

Are they're going to be varying films for a different ride each time? Is there an equivalent to this out there now as a frame of reference?

From what they are describing, it sounds like Stormrider cabins.

If they remove the roofs so yuo look up into space then it won't be that your in a spaceship anymore...doesn't relaly make sense...The interactive element sounds dumb.

Uhh, they put in a couple of cross beams, and make it look like there are glass windows keeping out the space. Viola.

jedimaster1227

From what they are describing, it sounds like Stormrider cabins.

Similar. The idea is to allow you to feel like you really are surrounded by space, not just looking at it through your front view, but through the side ports/windows and even through the roof (if they keep that portion).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom