Got my schedule down, now tell me my mistakes!

chukeee13

Wed. Sept. 25 Arrive in Orlando at 1:50 p.m. Get rental car, head to All-Star Music. Check in at 4. Unpack. Head to Chef Mickey's for character dinner at 6:30 Tour area or return to hotel for a quick dip in the pool:eek:
Thurs. Sept 26 Light breakfast at resort. Catch bus by 8 a.m. to MK (park opens at 9, is this early enought for the bus?) Do as much as possibly, Lunch at Liberty tree tavern at 2p.m., then walk out and watch parade at 3p.m. Tour the park until it closes at 6p.m. Possibly take monorail to Epcot and tour World Showcase, catching illuminations at 9 p.m.:eek:
Fri. Sept. 27. FREE DAY, shopping swimming, touring, lounging ;)
Sat., Sept. 28 Another free day, going to Leesburg to visit friends and maybe catch a flea market or two.
Sun., Sept 29 Epcot. Priorty seating for princess breakfast at 8:30. Epcot ALL day, catching parade and illuminations if we miss it on Fri.
Mon., Sept. 30 AK Spend as much time as needed. Lunch at rain forest cafe. Possibly return to Epcot since park closes at 5.:veryconfu
Tues., Oct. 1 Free Day Maybe going to homasis springs (?) to swim with the manatees.
Wed., Oct 2 MGM All day. Character breakfast at hollywood and vine at 10:30 :D
Thurs., Oct.3 Free Day, swimming, shopping, visit friends
again :)
Fri., Oct. 4 Back to the MK for the entire day. Swimming, packing
Sat., Oct. 5 Going home:cry:
How does that sound for a great vacation? I welcome any changes or suggestions. Also, I have a couple questions-
1. Is it possible to add a day to my park hopper (5-day) ticket?
2. Is there anywhere to watch the fireworks at MK without entering the park since they are only on Saturday and we will not be going to the park that day:veryconfu
3. Am I being too in my plans or should we just go with the flow?:confused:
4. Can I borrow about 1 million dollars from someone?
:D
Forgot to mention, I will be traveling with my husband and 2 granddaughters, ages 6 and 9.

disneydudette

Originally posted by chukeee13
1. Is it possible to add a day to my park hopper (5-day) ticket?
2. Is there anywhere to watch the fireworks at MK without entering the park since they are only on Saturday and we will not be going to the park that day:veryconfu
3. Am I being too in my plans or should we just go with the flow?:confused:
4. Can I borrow about 1 million dollars from someone?
:D
Forgot to mention, I will be traveling with my husband and 2 granddaughters, ages 6 and 9.

1. no...the most amount of day for the park hopper ticket is 5....u can upgrade to a park hopper PLUS for if u need 6 or 7 days...

2. u can see them form ne of the monorail resort.....u can make an evening out of it...like head to the poly...watch the water pagent and the MK fireworks....

3. yes....u mentioned the Liberty tree tavern lunch at 2...and still hoping to see the parade...most likely ui'll be cutting it close....don't rush lunch just for ur parade...come back to MK...if u can manage it....

4. :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Don't forget how easy it is to hop a monorail and parkhop between Epcot and MK. This way, if the crowds are getting to be too much at MK, you can skip over to Epcot, enjoy a few shows and a more casual atmosphere, and then jump back over to MK - perhaps when it's time for your Fast Passes. :)

-Rob

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Actually I think you have some really great plans set up!!! I cant seem to find anything off on them at all!! Great job!!! I do tend to agree that lunch might be a bit more than one hour at Liberty Tree Tavern. No big deal on that, or you can change your PS to 1:30 and go from there. I have done LTT for dinner and that is about 2 hours I cant picture lunch taking more time than dinner. Have an awesome time!!!

Upvote 0

chukeee13

Original Poster
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was hoping I could see the fireworks at Mk. And I'm so glad you approve of my plans. I'm sure I'll have more questions and this is the place to ask them.
41 days, 17 hours, and 23 minutes:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You have a lot of days off planned...instead of taking 3 days off maybe try going to a water park. It isn't a park, but it is more fun than going in the pool and touring for three days.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

My only observation to your schedule would be :
Lunch at Liberty tree tavern at 2p.m., then walk out and watch parade at 3p.m.
Have you allowed enough time to eat and then get a good place to view the parade ? What if you're delayed getting in and then with the two youngsters - you can't expect them to throw down their meal. I presume that people will be lining the route from 2pm at the latest - my suggestion would be to dine 30 minutes earlier

Upvote 0

ukcoasterfreak

If you do decide to chagne anything, DO NOT miss the Hollywood & Vine character breakfast at MGM it is great!! I had one a wekk or two ago and Goofy dancing with Minnie is a hoot! Have a great time!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lance

I think on your free days, you should maybe go around and check out all the other resorts, cause you do have a rental. Maybe do some pool hopping.

And, don't waste your money at a water park, just pool hop!

To add........I pool hopped at 7 different WDW resorts the last two weeks, no getting kicked out, no CM's checking my I.D. Security let me right in, got my towels from the pool I was pool hopping in, so pool hop, it's SAFE! Just had to get that in!

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Lance
I think on your free days, you should maybe go around and check out all the other resorts, cause you do have a rental. Maybe do some pool hopping.

great point! that's what we always did when we ran out of days on our passes! some people would really be surprised how fun it is to visit other resorts! mainly deluxe resorts, but moderates are fun as well!

Chukeee, will this be your first time to WDW/your grandchildren's first time? if so, DEFINATELY visit some deluxe resorts! Wilderness Lodge is definately a don't miss, as well as Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge (the kids will like that because of the animals) and Boardwalk! plus, you don't even have to take your rental if you don't feel like it...we usually hop buses...hop onto a park bus at the resort, once at the park hop on a bus that takes us to whatever resort we want! course, if you're visiting Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge, go to Magic Kingdom and hop the monorail (for Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts) or the boat that goes to Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge.
if you want to visit Boardwalk, hop a bus to MGM studios and from there you can hop the boat that goes to Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club Resorts! of course, there are different ways to go about visiting resorts, but those seem to be the easiest. :) have a great trip!!!

Upvote 0

Shannon_Yensid

on your first full day there, u plan to spend the day at MK from open until close?? try to rework this....espically with kids, an entire day at MK without a break is going to kill you all....my family and i have found the best way to do a lot in a five day stay (we usually have anuals, so your five day pass restriction is similar to a five day stay for us) is to go to a park in the morning, come back to the room for a nap or swim and then go back to another park....afternoon heat can really tire a family out....

on the 29th, ecpot all day? that might be tough too, but if u made it through MK, you'll be fine

the 30th at AK...u've been in disney for a while now, but the best thig for you at AK is to be there when it opens....it gets very hot and people as well as animals don't like to be hot...the park closes early, but that doesn't matter, you probably won't want to stay there past one anyways...besides, if u use your fastpasses and everything, you will have seen everything by one

visiting other resorts on a relaxing day is great, but technically guests that are not staying at that hotel, can not use it's pool (except for DVC members)...but, renting speedboats and other boats at the various hotels is a lot of fun!

i hope you guys have a blast, but remember, it's a VACATION!!!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
This is what I suggest,

On a day when you are going to be spending the entire day in one park, buy a one day ticket for that park. Then you have the 5 day pass for the rest of your stay. That way you don't have to worry about adding on to your current ticket. As far as the fireworks go, I would suggest either doing one of the fireworks cruises or watching from the beach at the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

GalacticGobbler

Try the deck out the back side of Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian.

Upvote 0

disneytati

Good schedule! But always remember that good surprises may happen, and you shoud not get too stuck on your schedule...

I would suggest arriving at AK early in the morning, book a character breakfast at Restaurantossaurus (kids love it!) and head straight for the safari, animals tend to feel better in the morning, with less heat (we feel better, too). AK is a good park to stay for half a day, and then go somewhere else.

Another suggestion: go to a water park (Blizzard Beach is my favorite) It helps relaxing, and kids like it too.

Don't miss the MK fireworks! If I were you, I wouldn't miss spectromagic either, so maybe it would be good to schedule a Sat evening to go to MK, and see both spectromagic and the fireworks from inside the park. It is definetely one of the most magical moments in a WDW vacation!

Have a good trip!:)

Upvote 0

Shannon_Yensid

Originally posted by disneytati
I would suggest arriving at AK early in the morning, book a character breakfast at Restaurantossaurus (kids love it!) and head straight for the safari, animals tend to feel better in the morning, with less heat (we feel better, too). AK is a good park to stay for half a day, and then go somewhere else.

oh, that's a great idea, but (even though it's early) try to get early reservations (like before the park opens) for the breakfast, or just before the breakfast ends, because the best time to do the long line rides like Kilimanjaro (sp?) safaris is right when the park opens.....
speaking of food....there's a little place to eat in africa and they have sticky buns there that are REALLY good...

have fun!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Go to Animal Kingdom when it opens, see everything there is to see there, return to your hotel for a nap/swim, then...RETURN TO AK! Be there at 4 pm for Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade! It's the best parade at Disney World, and the kids will love it! Hell...you will love it! It's a lot of fun!

Upvote 0

disneytati

Originally posted by Shannon_Yensid

oh, that's a great idea, but (even though it's early) try to get early reservations (like before the park opens) for the breakfast, or just before the breakfast ends, because the best time to do the long line rides like Kilimanjaro (sp?) safaris is right when the park opens.....
speaking of food....there's a little place to eat in africa and they have sticky buns there that are REALLY good...

have fun!

Yeah, those sticky buns are great! I agree with you. Better get early reservations, so that you will be inside the park when it opens!

PS: Didi you get my PM, Shannon?:)

Upvote 0

jmewin

Chukee, go with the flow more. You can't see the whole thing at one visit. WDW isn't going anywhere. Get a bit of rest in the middle of the day. You'll have more stamina and you'll enjoy yourself more. Whatever you don't see you can see on a return trip. Have fun! :hammer:

Upvote 0

chukeee13

Original Poster
Thanks to all for your great advice! I feel that I did a pretty good job but, with your advice, will be fine-tuning the plan a bit. This thread has been sooooo helpful. Less than 30 days to go!!!!!! I'm getting so nervous.:kiss:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom