Got back last night

coltow

OMG were the parks empty. We never waited more than 10 mns for anything (besides TSM). At one point yesterday were were walking in World Showcase (from UK to France) about noon and we could not see anyone walking in front or behind us. It was almost spooky. We will asbolutely go this time of year again. Where we live schools don't go back until after Labor Day so it's perfect.

MNSSHP was fantastic. We got tons of candy met some characters and did some rides. We didn't time manage very well and missed the Villain show. But other that that we saw it all.

And let me also add that we had no idea what the Kim Possible thing was. After seeing some families doing it we thought we'd give it a try. DS 5 LOVED it. He had so much fun. We did 3 missions the first day we did it. Yesterday our ME wasn't until 5pm. So after we checked our suitcases we asked him if there was anything we should go back and do again (totally expecting him to say Star Tours &/or TSM) and he said he wanted more Kim Possible!!! So we went back to EPCOT, did some attractions in the morning then did a few more missions. I told him we could stop at the store on the way out and buy something Kim Possible. Would you believe that they do not sell anything? I asked a few different CMs and they all said no and they they were very surprised that nothing was being sold.

Pop was good. Sometimes the buses from Pop took awhile, but we hardly ever waited more then a few minutes coming back to resort. We were in 50's which we requested my boys loved the bowling pins around and had a good time at the pool. We only noticed the food court busy in the mornings. We had a few lunches and dinners there and always had our choice of tables.

We thought long and hard about the free dining bounceback. We finally on the last day decided against it. 2yo did feel a little left out when he couldn't ride with 5yo so we're taking a year off to give him time to grow a little and then the next time we go he should be able to go in just about everything.

Lastly this is where we dined. If anyone wants any specifics I'll be happy to share. And we had ZERO issues at any restaurants with service or food.
The Plaza (dinner), Garden Grill (dinner), Sci-Fi (lunch), Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner), Ohana (dinner), Yak & Yeti (lunch), Cape May (breakfast), CRT (dinner).

luvlifeinfl

Wow, sounds like a great time and you all like the KP in Epcot? We want to do this when we are there in Nov. our DD is 10 so she should understand what she needs to do.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

Sounds like you had a great trip! We leave on Sept 25th and after hearing the reports from the last week or so, I'm wishing we would have gone at the beginning of the month instead. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future!

ps- I'm from MA also :wave:

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Welcome back and glad you had a nice trip! Just spoke with my travel agent too who just got back Sunday. She echoed the same comments about crowds. She said MNSSHP they walked on most rides... i leave in 17 days and hope the crowds stay this way. Food and Wine making me nervous though:shrug:

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Well welcome back, though I am sure you don't really want to be. Sounds like you guys had a nice time. I can't imagine having the parks to myself. I don't think I would know what to do with myself.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Welcome back and thanks for the updates!!! We leave in 11 days and are staying at POP for the 1st time!!! We requested 50's too!!! Sure hope crowds are light in a week and a half!!!

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

Leaving in 1 week and sure hope the crowds remain light, never went this time before so we are very excited. We are staying at the Swan so excited for that too!!!!

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

Thanks for the update. Sounds great. Heading down in 15 days and am crossing my fingers that the crowds stay light but am a bit concerned as it seems that lots of folks are heading down at the same time we are. When we planned our upcoming trip we picked September due to the typical light crowds but I think free dining might impact this more than I want to admit. Oh well.

Upvote 0

coltow

Original Poster
The restaurants were all full. We heard CMs just about every place turning people away. I was shocked at noon when we were at Sci-Fi that they were tunring people away for the entire day.

My cousin was just looking at my pictures and was shocked that at most of my pictures there is no one in the backgrounds. It was truly a magical trip to not have to wait for anything. When we were at MK even Splash never had more than 15 mns wait. We only used FP 2ce that I can remember, TSM and EE.

Upvote 0

rob45

It's nice when the crowds are lite. My favorite time to visit is the last week of October into the first week of November. I'm glad you had a great time. My next trip will be June 2010, this is the only time I can take my nephew. I'm not looking forward to the heat and crowds, but the trip is for him to enjoy. Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom