Good luck for Disney Dinner Ressies Late Sept.!

To those going to WDW in late September and hoping to get ANY dining reservations for dinner, I say good luck!

I tried getting reservations for Cinderellas Royal Table, Tony's Town Square, Libert Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace. All booked out. Also booked out: Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Italy, Canada, and on and on. Disney obviously overbooked the promotion for free dining and it will be a nightmare for both guests and CMs. This is so wrong! How will anybody hope to get a meal under the wonderful dining plan? Get ready for the complaints because they are going to be severe (and justifiably so)!

"Dining your way" sounds more like "Dining, NO WAY!"

:fork: :fork: :fork:

bellarosemarie

Dinning

I could understand how some people could be frustrated with this whole dinning problem, but look on the bright side - Your In Disney! :) Some people may never be fortunate enough to even go.

Let's all remember, it is a free-dinning plan. As soon as I made my reservations in July for my Sept trip (3rd-10th), I made our PS. I figured most places would be booked up fast.

My husband and myself are on the Premium Plan, so we paid, like what, an extra $200 a day for our meal plan. Yes, there were places we could not get into (Le Cellier). But hey, We're happy just to go :sohappy:

In total I have 12 PS, and I made 3 of them just today (Crystal Palace and Le Chefs for dinner, and Donalds Breakfastosaurus), so there still are ressies to be had so don't lose hope!!! I think the key is to be flexible with time and have other restaurants in mind if the first options a bust.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Just made three new ressies today for upcoming trip (we leave in two weeks - eeeeeeeeee!), and while availability is scarce, nothing is truly sold out. I got ARs for dinner for the 50's Prime Time Cafe, Boma and the Coral Reef, as well as Crystal Palace for lunch.

Granted, all but Boma are early (i.e. before 5:00) dinners, but that's okay - leaves more time for snacking later on!! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

mollygirl13

My husband and I decided yesterday that a Disney World trip was much needed. :sohappy: Well, we have decided to go in 3 weeks (Hooray!!) and made our reservations at Wilderness Lodge. Last night, I planned our all of our days and we decided together which restaurants we wanted to eat at. With my planner in hand, I called dining and spoke to a very nice lady. I was able to get all of my reservations made. We are eating dinner at:
Concourse Steakhouse, Boma, Rose & Crown, 1900 Park Fare, Le Cellier, & 'OHana. I was able to pretty much get the times I was looking for-all dinner ressies are after 5:30. Our Le Cellier dinner is at 7:40-perfect!
I say-keep trying every day. People cancel.
Have a Disney Day! :wave:

Upvote 0

magicmom

We are going Sept 35 - 30. I made PS at 90 mark because we are a party of 6 and 3 of them are children under 5. I know that not all the restaurants can seat big parties. We tried to get LeCellier and were told they do not have availability for 6 but they could split us up at 2 tables. I thought that was pretty funny since we are 3 adults and 3 SMALL children. I guess I could seat all the kids across the room at 1 table and my hubby, mom and I could have a fairly quiet meal! (haha)

I was able to get all my PS made for all the other restaurants of our choice. I was able to get a PS for concourse steakhouse yesterday for just my hubby and me for Thursday night.

Because we are doing the "almost free" food plan we are definitely doing table service for lunch because of the night schedule of the kids. It is easier to get them to come in and eat when it is crowded and hot outside than trying while it is all decorated, shiny lights everywhere, cooler and dark! This is when they will get a hot dog in the strollers!

Upvote 0

mikeymouse

Called for reservations today for last week of Sept and first week of Oct. for Biergarten. Had no problem. Said there were lots of openings there.

Upvote 0
Keep trying, I'm going the same week that you are and I panicked when I saw your post. Usually, we don't worry about PSs until we're there! So, I thank you... we were able to get some of the popular places like 50s, Rose and Crown at decent times just from my calling yesterday. :wave:

Upvote 0

SheenaXena

My trip is planned Sept. 29- Oct. 4. I just made PS for all the places I wanted. I had to switch around some dinners and breakfasts, but it still worked out great. (Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Teppanyaki Dining Room, Donald's Breakfastosaurus, & The Garden Grill). Even though my little cousin is bummed she doesn't get to eat with Cinderella, she said that Winnie the Pooh is alright. She's 5. As long as she gets to see her.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

I think it's quite clear by now that there are still PS available for the time period in question. My question to the OP was never answered, so we must assume that they were unable to get the EXACT times they wanted and started a thread to vent and complain.

The real point to this thread is that it's best to start as early as possible getting your PS for the popular places and to be flexible with the times.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Just a follow up on this. I do believe they are only taking a certain amount of the dining plan reservations a day. We just got back on Sunday and called throughout the week for several reservations and each time before telling me if they had availability they asked if I was on a dining package. We were not so it was not big deal, but I did get the feel that the answer would have been no for the times I chose if I said yes I was...

Upvote 0

alite

I made AR last week for my late Sept. trip and got everything I wanted, including Cinderella's Royal Table, without a problem. The only thing I couldn't book was for the MNSSHP. The only openings in Liberty Tavern were 8:00 and later. I'll still be at the party though:)

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

mrtoad said:
Just a follow up on this. I do believe they are only taking a certain amount of the dining plan reservations a day. We just got back on Sunday and called throughout the week for several reservations and each time before telling me if they had availability they asked if I was on a dining package. We were not so it was not big deal, but I did get the feel that the answer would have been no for the times I chose if I said yes I was...

I highly doubt this is true. It just makes no sense. It would be easy to find out with a little investigation and if found to be true, would be a perfect scenario for a lawsuit. I just can't see Disney doing something like this and opening themselves up to possible lawsuits or, at minimum, a lot of bad press. If I took a guess as to why they are asking the question, I would say they are keeping some statistics on the usage of PS with/without the plan.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Actually this is supposed to be done for every call. It is to make sure that if someone is using a dining plan, that they arent booking a restaurant that may not accept it. This is to avoid an unpleasant scene later during the actual vacation itself! Belle

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

wannabeBelle said:
Actually this is supposed to be done for every call. It is to make sure that if someone is using a dining plan, that they arent booking a restaurant that may not accept it. This is to avoid an unpleasant scene later during the actual vacation itself! Belle

Now that makes sense! I just had a hard time believing that they were denying a PS to people that had the Dining Plan. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DisneyJunkie

thedisneyfan said:
To those going to WDW in late September and hoping to get ANY dining reservations for dinner, I say good luck!

I tried getting reservations for Cinderellas Royal Table, Tony's Town Square, Libert Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace. All booked out. Also booked out: Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Italy, Canada, and on and on. Disney obviously overbooked the promotion for free dining and it will be a nightmare for both guests and CMs. This is so wrong! How will anybody hope to get a meal under the wonderful dining plan? Get ready for the complaints because they are going to be severe (and justifiably so)!

"Dining your way" sounds more like "Dining, NO WAY!"

:fork: :fork: :fork:

You posted that on the 12th. I just made my dining reservations on the 18th (40 days before my trip) and was easily able to make them for Crystal Palace and Mama Melrose. The only place I was shut out of was Chef Mickey's for breakfast. I don't know how you got blocked from making those.....must have just wanted to make them at odd times or something. We'll be there the last week in September. When I made the reservations, the girl I spoke to said that basically the only thing booked up solid was Chef Mickey's, which surprised me because I was able to get an AR for the Crystal Palace (another popular spot).

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

We did have reservations for 1900 Park Fare breakfast and cancelled them for Whispering Canyon on the same day, but for dinner. We're on the dining plan and there was no problem getting our favorite places. It also helped that we were very flexible on the times. As in, 'anytime for lunch or anytime for dinner'.
As far as the comment a while back for not getting anyplace in the MK anytime, that's not too surprising as the MK is certainly no Epcot or MGM as far as sit down eating establishments.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

wannabeBelle said:

Though they are asking me after I told them the names of the restaurants and I am sure they are covered by the plan. The Plaza and Boatwrights were two of them.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

mrtoad said:
Though they are asking me after I told them the names of the restaurants and I am sure they are covered by the plan. The Plaza and Boatwrights were two of them.

There's no giant conspiracy to keep you out of particular restaurants because you are using the dining plan... it's absurd.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

wannab@dis said:
Now that makes sense! I just had a hard time believing that they were denying a PS to people that had the Dining Plan. :rolleyes:
That wouldnt work out very well. Can you imagine the BAD publicity from that?? "I signed up for Disney's Dining plan and I couldnt get a reservation ANYWHERE!!!!!" Not good. No as I said they are just making sure that the restaurant selected is on the plan and probably to advise you if it is a Signature Dining Experience that would require 2 sit down meals as opposed to one! or as I said isnt covered by the plan such as any of the Fantasmic Dinner Packages!!! Picture getting a bill at the end of dinner for that when you werent expecting one!!! Not a scene Id want to see. Belle

Upvote 0

mrtoad

wannab@dis said:
There's no giant conspiracy to keep you out of particular restaurants because you are using the dining plan... it's absurd.

First off calm down, I never said a conspiracy. I was just stating that I was asked prior to making the reservations. So just keep your little rolly eyes in your pocket there buddy...

I was not on a dining plan so I really don't care. I just wanted to post what had happened.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

mrtoad said:
First off calm down, I never said a conspiracy. I was just stating that I was asked prior to making the reservations. So just keep your little rolly eyes in your pocket there buddy...

I was not on a dining plan so I really don't care. I just wanted to post what had happened.

No, you weren't "just stating what happened". You have attempted in your last two posts to make a point that they were limiting the number of dining plan PS.

mrtoad said:
I do believe they are only taking a certain amount of the dining plan reservations a day.

Did you not write that?

So, to that I say you are not correct and they are not going to purposefully limit the number of PS for the dining plan. Some people may read what you "think" and take it for granted and therefore be misinformed.

One last thing... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom