Going to a Theme Park alone.

bigorangeandy

I was in the area for a conference and drove over one afternoon, spent the afternoon and evening at Epcot and enjoyed the time. I was finally able to see the movies at the different counties that no one had wanted to see but me. One of the best parts was when I called home as was talking with my daughter, when she asked where I was, I told her leaving the Canada, she couldn't believe that I had gone without her. This was on a Wednesday, and the rest of the family came down on Friday for a week at the world.

Tater tot

Does anyone else ever visit any of the Disney theme parks, or any other theme park for that matter alone? Just getting the urge to go when no one else wants to or is able to, but you yourself have the time available and the money and want to go regardless and just do it. Ever get an awkward feeling while walking around a theme park full of people who are pretty much all there with somebody but you're not. Sure you get the added benefit of not having to cater to anyone, but are the rides just as fun if there's no one to share your joy and excitement with? Just curious because I've gone by myself before and I do get those awkward feelings, but I still like going because often times I can't get anyone to go with me when I can go, but I still want to go, so I often then go alone. Just a curious thought.

I go by myself quite abit and have a blast. Never an awkward feeling on my end because I don't care what anyone else thinks. Look under trip reports and find My 3 day Solo Trip report. Wrote it last week. Shows what I do to have fun going solo.

amjt660

I went alone to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea when I was on a business trip. No one else wanted to go so I went to both parks in one very long day

Pros: No argurments about pace, where to go next, where to eat
Cons: Did not get to share the new experience

Surprisingly I thought I would not get any pictures of me but many Japanese guests offered to take my picture in front of landmarks and near rides.

The funniest thing is that from 7am arrival to 10 pm departure I only used the facilities 4 times.
With my DW and 2 DD that total is normally consumed by mid morning!!

MissM

Haven't gone to WDW by myself (simply because it's over an hour drive one way and that seems like a lot just for a few hours by myself) but I have popped over to Busch Gardens Tampa by myself for an afternoon before. See, I really enjoy taking pics. But it's not always a lot of fun for Love to just stand around while I fiddle with lenses and settings and my tripod, etc. It's fun for me but not really for him. LOL So I've taken a few hours on my own to head over to BG to take photos and just kinda do what I want without feeling like I'm ignoring him.

It's neat being on your own. You kinda feel like it's your park in a way because there's no need to make sure everyone is having fun. Just do - or don't do! - whatever you want.

One of these days I'd like to head out for a day by myself at WDW just to take photos. It sounds like an awesome day. Practicality speaking it's seems like a little bit much for me which is why I haven't done it yet. But maybe come the holiday season or something I might take advantage of my AP. I always want to go more often then my fiance does anyway! ;)

Sped2424

I've never done it and never want to. I would just feel lonely all day, I like to be able to experience things like that with other people. Shows and rides would be okay but eating, waiting in lines and just walking around would suck. I would only do it if it was the last resort.
Don't knock it till ya try it! It doesn't have to be the whole day have you ever been the parks alone? Maybe everyone ride something while you waited or something along those lines?

JoeCamel

I do mornings at MK 3 - 4 days a week alone and always enjoy it. The people watching is fantastic. Thinking about it I am never really alone there, Walt and Roy are all around me.

javy2004

I had a free day on a trip to Tampa for a weekend this past April, so I had one epically long day at WDW, visiting HS, EPCOT, and MK and hitting all the major attractions in those parks (minus Soarin') and enjoying the F&G fest. One of the most fun days ever! It was kind of busy, and being alone sped things up in some of the lines there in such as TSMM, ToT, M:S and Splash. I probably covered some 10-12 miles of ground that day and took in sooo much!! People were cool to talk to as it is easy for you to strike random convos in line. I spoke to a father who was with his family about to ride Space Mountain and he talked to me about riding the ride the year it opened and as GM employee talking about the perks he had involving riding Test Track and such. You'll have a great time :)

ginadee

I was staying on property alone one time foe a weekend. I wanted to go to the parks but had that same feeling you do. Only about Disney tho. I really enjoy doing things alone. So I did a backstage tour. It was 8hrs, included lunch and with a group of 10. It was fantastic and they dropped us off at a special seating for the parade in MK at the end. That was a surprise and I have to say I got a little choked up. I know AK has a Wild Africa Trek tour too which is 3 hrs. Something like that may be fun to include and you get the close interaction with others. There were 2 others alone on my tour.

willtravel

Does anyone else ever visit any of the Disney theme parks, or any other theme park for that matter alone? Just getting the urge to go when no one else wants to or is able to, but you yourself have the time available and the money and want to go regardless and just do it. Ever get an awkward feeling while walking around a theme park full of people who are pretty much all there with somebody but you're not. Sure you get the added benefit of not having to cater to anyone, but are the rides just as fun if there's no one to share your joy and excitement with? Just curious because I've gone by myself before and I do get those awkward feelings, but I still like going because often times I can't get anyone to go with me when I can go, but I still want to go, so I often then go alone. Just a curious thought.
Went with my now ex-husband. That was like going by myself.:hilarious:

mergatroid

I've had loads of trips on my own and loved them all. I've travelled from England on my own and stayed alone in a hotel for 3 weeks whilst visiting Disney and it was great. In the parks it never crossed my mind whether people would judge me or think me strange, probably because I don't bother looking at others and worrying about who they're with or if they're on their own. As long as you're not loitering around restrooms or offering sweets to young children I really can't see why anybody will be wondering what you're doing or even notice you. Many people split from their groups to ride Space Mountain etc, anyone even noticing you on your own may think that's the case with you.

Try it and I'm sure you'll have a great time. If you're still concered what others think then walk round shouting into your mobile phone "Yes babe, I'm just walking towards Splash Mountain and will meet you at the castle in 30 minutes. I'm so glad I'm not on my own here today like those lonely weirdos you see walking around, I really think they're deviants of some sort who need locking up. You'd never catch me here on my own honey". That should do the trick.

Meredith

I would go alone if I had the time and money because IT'S DISNEY WORLD but I would prefer to go with someone else because I like to be around people ( most of the time) and I would feel pretty uncomfortable being in such a big place alone.

erwinalber4

I went once to MK and Epcot alone. I used an excuse of Christmas shopping so people wouldn't think I was weird. Only problem is I forgot to shop haha. I had a great time seeing what I wanted to see and would definitely do it again. Of course I'd much rather go with someone else. It would be cool if there was a meet up area near the entrance for people like us to meet other alone guests.

Goofyernmost

I would go alone if I had the time and money because IT'S DISNEY WORLD but I would prefer to go with someone else because I like to be around people ( most of the time) and I would feel pretty uncomfortable being in such a big place alone.
There are thousands of people around you. You are never alone. I talk to people in lines or just sitting on the benches, I almost never feel alone.

barnett

I go all the time alone, going again in Nov alone. If no one in my family wants to go it is not going to stop me from having fun. Don't feel self conscious, no one knows that you are alone when you are walking around. You could be meeting someone later. If I decide to do a sit down meal I bring something to read and usually get my food very quickly. A lot of folks will strike conversation up with you in line, at quick service, at parades; you'll be amazed.

barnett

I've never done it and never want to. I would just feel lonely all day, I like to be able to experience things like that with other people. Shows and rides would be okay but eating, waiting in lines and just walking around would suck. I would only do it if it was the last resort.
You would be amazed at all the things you see for the first time when you aren't spending your time talking to someone else / tending to your kids / discussing who needs what. I have found a lot little +'s that make it Disney when I was alone. So much so that when I have family with me I can then point them out and amaze my family.

Meredith

There are thousands of people around you. You are never alone. I talk to people in lines or just sitting on the benches, I almost never feel alone.
You have a very good point. I love how almost everyone at Disney is friendly and understanding because there all trying to enjoy their vacation too. Even if there are a few bad apples. I just would prefer going with my family, probably because I have never gone alone. I remember when I was 10 my dad, and my brother, and I were going on Tower of Terror at night ( my mom didn't want to go on), when we walked off the ride about 30 minutes later my mom was talking to this elderly couple about trip planning for the whole 30 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom