GM and Test Track

TP2000

Honda has been a big sponsor at Disneyland for several years now. Honda has a great exhibit in Innoventions with their Asimo robot show, and Honda sponsors Grad Nites each year and puts out cars and motorbikes for the kids to sit in and test out during Grad Nite. Honda also has car displays out in the Esplanade between Disneyland and DCA.

Honda has been a great fit for Disneyland, and could work in Epcot too. But then very few people in Southern California buy or drive General Motors vehicles, or really anything from the Detroit automakers. Japanese, Korean and European makes are much more popular in SoCal, so that's why Honda is such a perfect fit for Disneyland.

But the tourists from the Midwest who visit WDW might have a harder time seeing Honda sponsor a big Epcot pavilion. But then if GM and Chrysler go bankrupt and cease to exist, I don't know how they could find fault with automakers who actually succeed in business, make a decent profit, and sell products people actually want to buy. :lol:

Jayhawkie

I would not want to see the look on my 5 year old's face if I told him there would no longer be a test track!!! This is his very fave ride--- it would not be a pretty sight. This kid puts his hands up on everything and wants to go faster and faster. Oh please don't go away TT!!!

MousDad

I plan on it.:king:

and YEAH, you do, 74.:wave:

Might I suggest this attractive model:

rx1676_6bfi8bfk8efkkn8zfi8tyfhxxxxxx8u9fji87fdk8atfb9cw8tufhxxxxxx.jpg

scottnj1966

Rides dont always have sponsers to stay open.
If GM cant find work its way back into a viable business, Disney will not close Test Track.

This ride is very popular. It is not going to be closed.

If they do get a new sponser then a remodel will happen to change the design of the cars Im sure, and then the Queue line and videos will change.

Test track is far from being an old design just because some people rode it many times. It is unique. Nothing like it.

Hot4Hudgens

well... if they redress it and turn the interior into a giant construction zone... then it could be called I4: The Ride! :lookaroun.

the post show could be the preview center for the next construction project florida has planned for the I4 corridor;)

Haha. I can picture that, actually. Road workers dressed in their orange jackets re-directing traffic. Cars honking at you from behind, and quite a few flipping a certain finger in your direction. We can name it "Road Rage" :p

Lucky

GM could still operate even if it goes through bankruptcy. Most of the major airlines have done it. But its reputation would suffer and WDW may not want to continue the relationship.

It doesn't make any difference to me if it's replaced by a "foreign" company like Toyota. Many "foreign" cars are built in the U.S. and many "American" cars have a high percentage of imported parts.

RedGear

I would just truly hope that if Disney and GM did cut ties that a new sponsor would be and American company.
Gooooooood luck trying to find an american sponsor for test track. A lot of american car companies are struggling, GM is not alone.

And if they do get a new sponsor I hope they update the ride, It's kind of lame, I just wish there was a little something extra to make it magical, like the yeti or the big drop in splash mountain, I'm just saying it needs something extra.

RealHawker

it seems extremly short sighted for companies to decide this with the ebb and flow of the economy. Unless they are only going to sponsor it for 5 years, it seems natural to me for 3-4 recession, booms to happen under a disney sponsorship. This should be planned into any funding IMO.

I like Test Track a lot - quality ride with a good ride length (it's not over before you know it). I doubt that Test Track will be shut down.

I do miss the Test Track dummies - do they ever come out anymore?

sweetale

I highly doubt that GM would cease to exist (or Chrysler for that matter). If that were to happen, I think my entire home State would instantly collapse:eek:. Whether they continue sponsorship, who knows? :shrug: If the contract was up in 1997 with Disney, then have they been funding this pavillion at all? How much does it truly cost to fund TT? What would GM be responsible for financially (cost of staffing CMs, maintainence, repairs?)? And if they are still supporting it financially, where does this money come from, advertising budget? Seriously, does anyone know?

uklad79

Get Lynx to sponsor it. Change the cars to small versions of there buses, speed it up 4 times as fast, and finally change the screen so it has a video of a a bus driver talking to himself as he drives. Then you have the real thrill ride in Epcot. ;)

mcjaco

74, this goes way past glass half empty into downright crazy talk.

Ride it, EE!

While I agree that EE needs to ride it, I agree. TT is like Soarin' overated. Bring back WoM.

And how do you call yourself Epcot Explorer whem you haven't been on one the E Tickets? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom