Global Neighborhood Gone

SirNim

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
Sorry but Post Shows are a waste of time.....i mean look at the movie after the Norway ride...HORRIBLE...............if it is interactive thats one thing but a SHOW?????? Come on

Just my opinion

I have a sick feeling that this postshow will merely be another videogame like M:S's Space Race... "Time Racers"... sounds like a video game... I'm not a big proponent for video games... Too two-dimensional for Disney parks to be creating as postshows all over the place...

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by SirNim
I have a sick feeling that this postshow will merely be another videogame like M:S's Space Race... "Time Racers"... sounds like a video game... I'm not a big proponent for video games... Too two-dimensional for Disney parks to be creating as postshows all over the place...

Well if it is a video game area its nothin new which is upsetting but at the same time i dont wanna sit and watch some stupid show........a video game is a video game dont you think Disney has enough of them already around the parks.......AND i wouldnt be surprised if they make it a store.....i mean almost every ride has a store at the end which is annoying at times

Disney2002

Originally posted by SirNim

I'm not a fan of any of the post-shows for any ride.

As for Norway... my god... I run off those boats and try to reach the doors on the other side of the theatre so I don't have to watch it!!!!

"Get out of may way, blond girl... I've got an automatically closing door to beat!"

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by Disney2002
I'm not a fan of any of the post-shows for any ride.

As for Norway... my god... I run off those boats and try to reach the doors on the other side of the theatre so I don't have to watch it!!!!

"Get out of may way, blond girl... I've got an automatically closing door to beat!"

OMG me too........i love it when my boat is approaching the dock and you see a ton of people trapped because there could be a chance that the doors are opening right away............that movie is awful also........:hurl:

Beniz

Someone mentioned that AT&T is dropping their sponsorship. This is true, and Disney likes to remove promotional references as soon as possible after a contract ends. There are many references to AT&T in that post show area.

My guess is that we have nothing new here - just removal of logos and whatnot.

TinkerBell9988

Yes, I can also add to the fact the Global Neighborhood is closed down.

I was at EPCOT today, and when my family and I exited SE, we gasped so loud that a CM said "It's only a rehab".

Whatever that means, we will find out soon enough.......

cloudboy

Anyone have a good idea of exactly how large, and what form, a gutted spaceship earth would take?

Well, I would imagine it would look like a sphere and be about the same size as it is now. :)

Actually, the ironic thing is that if the Sphere was truely built as a Geodesic Spehere it should be able to stand up on it's own. But I believe (aand I could be terribly wrong about this) that due to construction they ended up building it kind of like a curtain wall.

That I stands for Imagineering, by the way.

I don't think postshows are necessarily bad, and even the Norway one can be good if it is not overdone. But by post shows I think we are talking interactive - something like Journey Into Imagination had. Done right they could be good.

BwanaBob

Re-hab?....I'll buy it ...maybe.

If you've been lately, or frequently :D , there is almost always at least 1-2 covers over the turning 'hand' dials that show the different interactive areas...

At least 1-2 'picture-tree-holes' are out of order...

...and 2 of the storytelling/phone booths on the sides have not been working (correctly anyways) for quite some time now.

yeah, there's issues. It's a re-hab. :rolleyes:

barnum42

Originally posted by BwanaBob
Re-hab?....I'll buy it ...maybe.

If you've been lately, or frequently :D , there is almost always at least 1-2 covers over the turning 'hand' dials that show the different interactive areas...

At least 1-2 'picture-tree-holes' are out of order...

...and 2 of the storytelling/phone booths on the sides have not been working (correctly anyways) for quite some time now.

yeah, there's issues. It's a re-hab. :rolleyes:
All those problems sound like par for the course with anything that is connected to a telecommunications corporation. :lol:

cloudboy

What exactly do you mean by a curtain wall?

Technically a curtain wall is a glass wall, like you see on office buildings. They build the structure first (the steel work) and then just "hang" the outside glass wall off of the side of the building using essentially clips and brackets. Kind of like hanging a curtain.

I kind of use it more generically as any outside wall that is supported from the structure instead of bign integral to it.

SirNim

You might not have noticed, but today I have been "dissing" the modern vernacular, which I detest. :lol:

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Expo_Seeker40
Whoa I was there over President's Week, and atleast I got the global neighborhood anouncement and global neighborhood area on video. Who knows maybe they will put up those giant TV Screens like they did for World Key Information's Earth Station. Only this time it would be plasma.:hammer: WOOOO!

Wouldn't WORLD KEY be cool with plasmas? I wonder if the higher powers that be @ Disney have ever considered of bringing back a classic with a new twist?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom