Giving up disney passes for universal?

JusticeDisney

I’m a Disney lover, for sure, but I also really like Universal a lot. We always stay at WDW, but we also go to Universal on every single trip. That said, the one area where there is no comparison between the two, IMO, is the food. The food at Universal is borderline disgusting at most places.

ljransom

Universal is fun, but doesn't have the friendly feel or atmosphere of Disney and there's a lot less to do. I frankly got sick of having to keep putting my bag in a locker, the rude staff and the food. The food may be cheaper in some places at universal but it's nasty compared to Disney.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Disney food is disgusting.
I think Universal has better food since the CityWalk is right there whereas Disney Springs is far from all the parks
I’m was referring to the food in the parks. And in that regard, Uni can’t hold a candle to WDW. Seriously, the food in the Uni parks is inedible. As for City Walk, that’s certainly much better but Disney Springs blows it away.

MickeyLuv'r

Regarding food: I daresay, it depends where you eat at both locations, and one's personal preferences.

If I compare just some of WDWs pizza options against some of Universal's Italian options:
The QS pizza at Portofino is better than the QS pizza places in HS and AK, but the QS pizza at Blaze in Disney Springs is very good, and love being able to customize my toppings for one standard price.

Universal and WDW both have over 100 different places to eat, and many menus have changed over time.

Even within one restaurant, and no changes to the menu- I've seen variability over time when a chef changes or we get a good/bad server.

I can say, Universal has been very good about seating us on time. Often at Universal, we don't make any dining reservations, and most places are able to seat us within 15minutes, but if they can't, we just choose a different place. Too often at WDW, we have been seated 30+minutes past our ADR time, even though we arrived before our ADR time, and that is very frustrating when I had to give them a cc hold and made the effort to arrive on time.

On the other hand, WDW's character meals are a bit more appealing, if priced a bit high.

JusticeDisney

Yeah, I have no idea what he is complaining about. The Disney Quick Serve restaurants are overpriced junk.
You can keep trying to change what I said if that makes you feel better, lol. First you limit the debate to City Walk vs Disney Springs, which I never did. Now you limit the debate to quick service spots, which again I never did. What I said was the food in the parks overall at Uni is utter garbage when compared to the food in the parks overall at WDW. WDW has Brown Derby, all the Epcot restaurants, Tiffins, Yak and Yeti, BOG, and I could go on and on and on. Uni has nothing in their parks that even begins to compare to those. Facts.

JusticeDisney

Nothing? Really?
Did I not just present Mythos. It has a very strong name in theme park park dining
That’s ONE place. And imo it doesn’t compare to the restaurants I listed. Again, my point is that, overall, the food options and restaurants in the Disney parks far and away exceed the food options and restaurants in the Universal Parks. You can disagree with that, and that’s certainly your right.

JusticeDisney

Those are opinions. Not FACTS.

You can include City Walk restaurants with Universal because it is right next to the park. You can't do that with Disney Springs because that is far from any of the Disney Parks. Pretty simple.
Well, again, you can continue to try to change around what I said to fit your argument. That’s certainly your right, LOL. But what I have said over and over in this thread, and I guess I’ll have to say it one more time for you now, is that the food options inside the Disney parks far exceeds the food options inside the Universal Parks.

And by the way, if I were to use your logic, I could also include all of the restaurant options at the Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk. and Swan and Dolphin, given that all of those places are a relatively short walk from Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Kingtut

Well, again, you can continue to try to change around what I said to fit your argument. That’s certainly your right, LOL. But what I have said over and over in this thread, and I guess I’ll have to say it one more time for you now, is that the food options inside the Disney parks far exceeds the food options inside the Universal Parks.

And by the way, if I were to use your logic, I could also include all of the restaurant options at the Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk. and Swan and Dolphin, given that all of those places are a relatively short walk from Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
How did we get from someone asking for help with a special needs son to arguing about who has the best overpriced marginally edible burgers?

ppete1975

How are autistic children with change? If crowds and things are a bother that might be an issue. With Disney he already knows his way around, and it feels safe an comfortable. A whole new park with everything new might be taxing. But autism is one of the few super powers that I haven't had to research.

Could care less about the food debate... But my concern about your UNI experience centers on the autism issue.

Nearly every ride at UNI requires wearing 3D glasses. The rides tend to be high energy, fast pace and in many cases a bit "scary". I don't have an autistic child, but I worry these type rides may not be "enjoyable" for him\her.

And as for the "stress" issue: UNI has always been a "wander around and do what you want" trip for me and my family. As others have said - there isn't the FP sprint, map out your day to the minute, got to make my dinner reservation rush that people often experience at DW.

Just some food for thought.... So to speak. Now, y'all can get back to your food fight and name calling.

Damon7777

But I agree with your point about 3D. Enough is enough...... my first quick count is 5 rides in the 2 parks using glasses: Spiderman, Kong, Transformers, Gringots and that Escape from New York staring Snake Pliskin

That is 5 too many which detracts from me "owning my passion" at Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom