Giving up disney passes for universal?

LittleBuford

Not necessarily true. We definitely were Disney people. My boys grew up going to WDW, certainly every other year, and at times, yearly. We had that emotional connection. But my husband and I (and our youngest son, now 33) are now firmly in Universal's camp. Disney has gotten too regimented for us. And we always stayed onsite. We always wanted to be in the Disney bubble. At some point, I really do expect that we'll go back to Disney (for sure I want to go to Disneyland). And even on our Universal-only trips, we made a trip over to Kidani for dinner at Sanaa. ;-) We don't hate Disney at all. We're just not interested in the extreme planning it takes now.

But I’m talking about those Disney people who aren’t otherwise interested in theme parks (or at most minimally interested in them). The emotional connection to which I’m referring is to Disney at large (the films, the music, the characters), not to the parks alone. And that connection cannot be found or replicated elsewhere (except perhaps for Potter fans in the Wizarding World).

mellyf

But I’m talking about those Disney people who aren’t otherwise interested in theme parks (or at most minimally interested in them). The emotional connection to which I’m referring is to Disney at large (the films, the music, the characters), not to the parks alone. And that connection cannot be found or replicated elsewhere (except perhaps for Potter fans in the Wizarding World).

And to be fair (although I really do love all of Universal...the Mummy is one of my all-time favorite rides), the first time we walked into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, it really was magical. I also have to say, I've never been one to be that keen on characters at Disney. We did a couple of character breakfasts with the boys when they were younger. I still remember Artist Point - the boys met Chip, Dale, and Pluto and were ecstatic), but when I saw Scooby and the Gang (and the Mystery Machine!) at Universal, it was the only time I was ever actually tempted to get MY picture taken with characters. I grabbed my husband and said..."Look! It's Scooby and the Gang!!!!!" But that's who I grew up with. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom