Girl Hospitalised After Riding TOT!!!

tigsmom

DisneyFreak529 said:
It's just so sad, my prayers are with her family & her.

I am still confussed at what happend? She has a headach and is now in surgery?

A sudden, severe headache is a positive sign for a cerebral bleed (which causes increased pressure on the brain). Surgery to relieve the pressure is indicated if it is severe enough.

Tink7702

DisneyGuyJake said:
I've been watching the internet wires and haven't found anything confirming it

I have been searching for confirmation as well. I found an article saying she was unresponsive but she was revived at Celebration Hospital but nothing about her dying.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
tigsmom said:
A sudden, severe headache is a positive sign for a cerebral bleed (which causes increased pressure on the brain). Surgery to relieve the pressure is indicated if it is severe enough.
yep, my MIL had one in june 04......... it was bad. hopefully this girl fares the same, she survived.

prepare for the media frenzy to feed on these situation and run it in the ground for the benefit of ratings. oh, and question disney safety of course

Jenna

brich said:
Out of respect for this young girl, let's not turn this thread into what became of the M:S thread. Let's hope that she had a great time at Disney. I guess if it's your time, it would be great going out doing something so special. My thoughts are with the family.... :(

i agree. and although she passed away during something so magical it probably emphasises the tragedy for the family due to the holiday ment to be magical!!!
in my thoughts and prayers!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I haven't seen anything more than she's in the hospital. Like someone else said, this could've happened walking down the street, watching a movie, or grocery shopping, but since it happened at Disney, or any theme park for that matter, it'll be blown out of proportion.

jcat2312

HauntedPirate said:
I haven't seen anything more than she's in the hospital. Like someone else said, this could've happened walking down the street, watching a movie, or grocery shopping, but since it happened at Disney, or any theme park for that matter, it'll be blown out of proportion.

I totally agree with you. Disney is going to get the full blame on this one again.....I just hope that people will not buy into the media saying that Disney is not safe like they did the last time....

brich

Ironic that we're bashing the media about them bashing Disney and yet there have been no bashing reports against Disney in this case yet.... Let's wait till the bash before we bash, otherwise, we're no better... :)

mrtoad

hakunamatata said:
You know, one time I walked through the turnstiles at the MK and was stricken with a horendous case of pink eye immediatley upon entering. :lookaroun

Your posts aren't funny. Just thought you should know that.

peter11435

Gepettotrevor said:
Who knows why the media tries to put disney at blame for these incidents........................
Because Disney is a huge company and the stories blaming Disney sell papers and increase ratings.

csm7030

A friend's father had a brain aneurysm and he was doing nothing more than laying in bed. It sounds very similar and he ended up passing away at the hospital. Both very tragic, but the point I am trying to make is that things like this can happen anywhere. More than likely, it had nothing to do with the ride, but the media will never report that fact.

speck76

A British teen, 16, is at Celebration Hospital in Kissimmee after falling ill at the Tower of Terror ride at Disney-MGM Studios, said Orange County Sheriff's office spokesman Jim Solomons.

The teen, whose identity has yet to be released, was exiting the ride with her mother at 9:50 a.m. today when she complained she was feeling unwell. Disney employees approached the girl and called paramedics because she needed medical attention, Solomons said. Paramedics arrived at 9:57 a.m. to transport her to the hospital.

The teen lost consciousness and heart function, but medical personnel revived her, Solomons said. She is being evaluated for a prior medical condition, and the ride is being tested for malfunctions.

beanboon

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by hakunamatata
You know, one time I walked through the turnstiles at the MK and was stricken with a horendous case of pink eye immediatley upon entering. :lookaroun
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

mrtoad said:
Your posts aren't funny. Just thought you should know that.

I thought it was funny. Funny enough to chuckle out loud even.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom