Girl’s Cruise on the Disney Wonder! January 4th-8th Tons of Pictures!

Girl’s cruise!!:sohappy:

Who: Me, my mom, my sister-in-law, and my friend from CA

When: January 4th-8th

Why: I got a great deal on the cruise, and my family couldn’t go. Airfare was cheap, so I decided to invite just the girls to get away for a few days.

I’ll start off the report with a thank you to all the husbands who parented (it’s not babysitting when it’s your kids, it’s parenting:D) while we were away. Our hubbies did start calling it the “Suckas cruise” because they were sure they were “suckas!!” for staying home while we sailed off to paradise.

Okay little background – I’ve been on three Disney cruises now. A 7 night, a 5 night, and now a 4 night. We’ve got another 7 nighter scheduled in May!! I’m becoming addicted to cruising. I will never want to stop going to the parks, but cruises are such a wonderful vacation. Disney cruises can cost a little more, but they are worth every penny. Disney knows how to do it right.

Day 1 – January 3rd – Travel Day
This morning I woke up at 7 and headed out the door at 8:15. I flew out of Providence with snow everywhere. I left my coat in the car (no need for it in FL!!) and made the FREEZING walk from the parking garage to the airport. Flight was on time, I settled in for a long day of flights. I flew to Dulles, where I sat for three hours and then Orlando where I met my sil, the first to arrive.

After I got my bags, we went to get our rental car from Budget. The rental agent was insistent that we needed to upgrade our car to an SUV to fit four women and all their luggage. I decided to risk it, and we all ended up fitting quite nicely in the Chevy Impala.

My mom flew in at 6:30 pm, my CA friend was delayed until 9:30, so we drove off in search off an Outback. We came across a Ruby Tuesday’s first, so we ate there. Then we headed back to the airport, filled up the car and headed for Port Canaveral!

We usually stay at the Radisson. They have a great pool, free shuttle, huge Jacuzzi tubs in their suites and free parking. This time I decided to try another one for experience’s sake. I’ve read great things about the Residence Inn and we tried that. It was very nice. It’s all suites (at the Radisson the suites are a little more), the pool looked nice although we didn’t try it, and it included a great hot breakfast. The shuttle isn’t free but we didn’t need it anyway. Parking for the length of the cruise is free there also.
It was late so we just repacked a little and went to sleep. It was dark so I don’t have any pictures. The pictures start tomorrow!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I don't know where I've been, but I just saw this report.

Wow, Tammy, amazing pics, as always. You are an amazing photographer!

The shows really look great-I think that would be my favorite part. And pirate night. And Castaway Cay. And...well, you get the idea. I really need to do this-I think Zac would love it!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I don't know where I've been, but I just saw this report.

Wow, Tammy, amazing pics, as always. You are an amazing photographer!

The shows really look great-I think that would be my favorite part. And pirate night. And Castaway Cay. And...well, you get the idea. I really need to do this-I think Zac would love it!

Thanks Amber!! That's so nice! I do love taking pictures! It all started with the love of scrapbooking. My problem is, now that I'm reading and learning so much about photography, that's taking all my free time and I need to RE-discover the love of scrapbooking!!:lookaroun:lol:

I usually go with my kids and they really do love Disney's cruises. I changed our last trip to WDW to a cruise at the last minute and I wasn't sure how they'd react when I told them. Well phew, they were thrilled!! Cruises are an all around hit with my family.:)

And you're right. It's very hard to pick a favorite!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom