GF DVC Site Plan?

Bork Bork

Original Poster
Not sure if this deserves a new thread (just posted it in the permit sticky), but check out this link for what looks to be a recent site plan for a new building at GF next to the wedding pavilion.

It's titled 2011-1. Is this what I think it is?

(sorry, still new here and don't know how to put up a picture) :cry:

Tom

Beta Return
Not sure if this deserves a new thread (just posted it in the permit sticky), but check out this link for what looks to be a recent site plan for a new building at GF next to the wedding pavilion.

It's titled 2011-1. Is this what I think it is?

(sorry, still new here and don't know how to put up a picture) :cry:

You've stumbled across gold. Nice find.

Yes indeed, there is going to be a new building built at the Grand Floridian - very likely to be called The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ;)

It will sit on what is currently a grassy area and part of the existing beach. The shoreline will be extended to accommodate the building, which will have 3 wings, it's own entrance, a covered walkway to the main building/bus stops/monorail platform.

It's not clear whether it will have its own pool, but likely not, unless it's a small quiet pool.

The Health Club will remain and the Wedding Pavilion will get a new parking lot.

Pretty exciting.

Bork Bork

Original Poster
Thanks for the confirmation of this cool news, edwardtc!

Now I'll get the popcorn and hope this doesn't turn into a DVC bashing thread...

SeaCastle

Excellent find, Bork!

The survey markers that people claimed to have saw in Bay Lake may indeed be related to this project - they will be doing some earth work south of the maintenance docks and water bridge to compensate for building on Seven Seas Lagoon (as the law entails).

TravisMT81

The Grand Floridian guest facilities are strained enough, they now share the same General Manager. This is also cluttering the Seven Seas Lagoon view even more!

SeaCastle

The Grand Floridian guest facilities are strained enough, they now share the same General Manager. This is also cluttering the Seven Seas Lagoon view even more!

The Poly and Grand Floridian have shared the same general manager for a number of years. I may be wrong, but perhaps DVC falls under different management than a standard hotel.

I have to agree about this cluttering Seven Seas Lagoon even more. The vast expanse of beach the DVC will sit on was very peaceful as-is...I'm sad to hear that you won't be able to walk along it anymore.

Tom

Beta Return
Slightly Better Image

I tried to make it as clear as possible in Photoshop while still staying under my 97Kb album file size limit. If there's a better way to upload larger files, let me know and I'll post something with a higher resolution.

jt04

This seems to confirm the rumors that the BLT is at or near being sold out.

What happned to all the people who said the BLT was a "huge error" and would "never sell at such high prices" in this economy? :lol:

The doom and gloomers get it wrong again. (They are actually having tantrums over the new HM queue elsewhere. So many bitter malcontents out there :rolleyes::lol:)

Mammymouse

You've stumbled across gold. Nice find.

Yes indeed, there is going to be a new building built at the Grand Floridian - very likely to be called The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ;)

It will sit on what is currently a grassy area and part of the existing beach. The shoreline will be extended to accommodate the building, which will have 3 wings, it's own entrance, a covered walkway to the main building/bus stops/monorail platform.

It's not clear whether it will have its own pool, but likely not, unless it's a small quiet pool.

The Health Club will remain and the Wedding Pavilion will get a new parking lot.

Pretty exciting.

Sounds like a done deal! Great use of that land area. Two thumbs up!:sohappy:

Captain Chaos

This seems to confirm the rumors that the BLT is at or near being sold out.

What happned to all the people who said the BLT was a "huge error" and would "never sell at such high prices" in this economy? :lol:

The doom and gloomers get it wrong again. (They are actually having tantrums over the new HM queue elsewhere. So many bitter malcontents out there :rolleyes::lol:)

I know exactly who you are talking about... One reason I rarley go there anymore... Too much doom and gloom...

TravisMT81

They have shared the same GM for less than two years, a flagship resort should not be sharing a GM with the Polynesian or any other resort for that matter.

WDW1974

They have shared the same GM for less than two years, a flagship resort should not be sharing a GM with the Polynesian or any other resort for that matter.

True enough ... and while it's nice (or not) that someone discovered this site plan, it isn't a surprise at all to many of us who have said it's been in the planning for years.

And, yes, it does suck.

When you have a fanboi community that largely believes that timeshares, queues, meet-greet-and-gropes and 'retro' merchandise are reasons why people visit a supposed world-class resort, then don't be surprised when that's pretty much all you get.

disneydata

So where is the official announcement? I'm not really set to believe this since I have seen plans like this last year even before these were created.

EDIT: Here's another problem: No MK views. That building is not far out enough to get any view of the Magic Kingdom. Any DVC at the flagship resort of WDW will NEED to have MK views. Not having them is unacceptable.

sweetpee_1993

Such a shame. The seclusion was part of the Wedding Pavilion's charm.

My thoughts exactly. I'd be one seriously miffed bride if my wedding was that close to a construction site and/or hotel. The Wedding Pavilion costs more than the other DFW locations. I wonder what they'll do when/if brides start jumping ship on the wedding gazebo because of this? :shrug:

lazyboy97o

I agree, this is not good for the wedding pavilion... who wants to get married next to a parking lot?
My thoughts exactly. I'd be one seriously miffed bride if my wedding was that close to a construction site and/or hotel. The Wedding Pavilion costs more than the other DFW locations. I wonder what they'll do when/if brides start jumping ship on the wedding gazebo because of this? :shrug:
Disney probably assumes that anybody who wants to get married at Walt Disney World is a big enough fan to suck it up, pay the premiums and ignore the sounds of ongoing construction that Disney will probably deny for months, despite being clearly visible to both eyes and ears.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom