getting stuck on a ride

Fantasmic!329

Only walk-off was on Maelstrom.

An interesting experience was on CoP.
We were rotating and there was a large BANG sound from the back of the audience seating area.
Somehow the moving wall hit the ceiling, and several ceiling tiles fell.

Had momentary pauses on several other attractions.

LudwigVonDrake

Near the end of Big Thunder at 2:00 in the morning on an E-ride night (ah, those were the days...)...walked off and they gave us a fastpass. It was funny because all the CMs were so negative of Michael Eisner and even blamed him for the ride stopping. I didn't think they would show that 'side' of themselves but I guess they figured it was 2:00 in the morning and who would remember? :)

I did... :lookaroun

jedimaster1227

My most memorable ride stop was on the TTA. The ride along with Space Mountain stopped for about an hour and a half. We were stuck in front of the hairstyling woman for that entire time. Now when I pass her, I think back to that moment.

DisneyDragon

Official walk-offs - Original Journey Into Imagination, Snow White, The Land

JII was cool, we exited through the Crystal room. Snow White, they didn't want to take any chances with the rail. The Land wasn't much different that being on the Behind the Seeds tour.

figmentmom

We got stuck on Space Mountain, very close to the end of the ride; the lights eventually went on, and a Cast member appeared and pushed our ride vehicle along the track and into the ride exit. We were usherred immediately back onto the ride as soon as it started back up.

PintoColvig

For some time I've hoped to get evacuated from one of the grand classics (like Pirates) so that I could see some of the behind the scenes stuff or see the attraction with the lights off. I got my wish last week when HM was shut down. Unfoetunately, I had not even left the loading area when they stopped the ride. So much for seeing it with the lights off. At least they gave us a "front of the line" attraction pass as a consolation.

brertigger

For some time I've hoped to get evacuated from one of the grand classics (like Pirates) so that I could see some of the behind the scenes stuff or see the attraction with the lights off. I got my wish last week when HM was shut down. Unfoetunately, I had not even left the loading area when they stopped the ride. So much for seeing it with the lights off. At least they gave us a "front of the line" attraction pass as a consolation.

I was getting ready to board HM one day last week when the ride stopped and they made everyone leave. Unfortunately, they did not give those who were seconds away from boarding a front of the line pass :( .

jamie666

We were stuck on SSE for almost 30 minutes, also we were on our way down backwards. Finally the lights came on with an annoucement and we had to climb over the cars to get out. Ohh yea man it was a dirty mess in there!!!:lol:

eroyee

:wave: We got stuck on Test Track out in the open track going 60 m.p.h. the car just stopped dead. the sun was warm, but it wasnt too long and we were on our way back in. Kinda ruined the fast fun. they took us back to the front of the line to ride again, though. also, Great movie ride. the ride stopped when the CM was supposed to be shot in the gangster scene. he was pretty flustered and trying to make jokes and asked if anyone had any good jokes!! was kinda funny. finally got moving again. thats it, except for alternate slowdowns, I assume for wheelchair loading. :lol:

eroyee

:wave: P.S. I didnt mean when the CM was supposed to get shot. I meant when he was supposed to trade places with the bad guy to take over the ride.!!:hammer:

cmatt

on on off haunted mansion at dlrp more then i care (or want to) remember.

Other then that - never at disney at least.... just the ride stopping to let wheelchair uses on or people with restricted mobility...

other then that - proffesor burps bubble works at chessington world of adventures, and thorpe parks haunted mansion thing.

Nicole220

Just about 2 weeks ago, I got evacuated off of Indy at DL. All the lights came on and after about 5 minutes of waiting, we got to walk out. It was neat to see the ride in a different perspective. On our way out they gave us all fast passes. The cool thing was, it was just me and my friend in the jeep, no one else! It was kind of scary! Indy was our first ride of the morning when the park opened, so no one was in line yet.

The only other time I've gotten stuck was on Splash at DL, we got evacuated off of that as well.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
isn't it the worst sometimes. one time, my family and i all got stuck at the very top of tower of terror and were sitting there in the dark. i was terrified. we got to walk out of it and see it with the lights on.

name some times when you have gotton stuck on a ride...:(

Ok I'm going off on a tangent here, but....

Did anybody else notice the OP's name?

art vandelay- female, just joined
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/member.php?u=42924

artvandelay - male, member since 2003
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/member.php?u=6616

:confused:

BrittanyRose428

ive gotten stuck on
se
its a small world :eek:
test track [IN THE HEAT ROOM :eek: ]
maelstrom

never got evacuated though, they all only lasted about 5 or ten minutes... except small world felt like it lasted hours

imamouse

Only evac was TT right as you are re-entering the show bldg (end of ride anyway, but weren't inside yet so had to get out of the car and walk in). That was 1999 (I think).
ToT broke down at the end, when the ride vehicle is supposed to rotate and push forward to the doors (maintenace showed up and fixed it w/o the need to evacuate). Pretty sure that was Nov '03.
EE this past Oct right at the top where the tracks are torn up. We were stuck for about 15 min, but didn't have to evacuate. I got some great pics!

Maleficentesq

evacuated from POTC given tons of fast passes

We were evacuated from the pirates of the Caribbean in Oct. 06. Mom is disabled and they brought the Reedy Creek fire department to carry her out as they had to use some stairs. We were the last ones out of the ride and CM's were extremely nice. We were given about 20 fast passes for our trouble which was very nice. Also fun to walk around in POTC.

unkadug

We were evacuated from the pirates of the Caribbean in Oct. 06. Mom is disabled and they brought the Reedy Creek fire department to carry her out as they had to use some stairs. We were the last ones out of the ride and CM's were extremely nice. We were given about 20 fast passes for our trouble which was very nice. Also fun to walk around in POTC.

Did you take any pictures?

Maleficentesq

Yes, a few We have one of CM pushing the boat to the get off point, we have some of the fire department carrying mom out. They brought us off back stage (is that the right term) and very nicely asked us not to take any pictures so of course we did not. Really did not see anything except pallets and what really looked like a lot of junk. My husband will post the pictures on our yahoo site, in the next couple of days.

unkadug

Yes, a few We have one of CM pushing the boat to the get off point, we have some of the fire department carrying mom out. They brought us off back stage (is that the right term) and very nicely asked us not to take any pictures so of course we did not. Really did not see anything except pallets and what really looked like a lot of junk. My husband will post the pictures on our yahoo site, in the next couple of days.

Cool, let us know the website address.:wave:

You DO know that you could post them on this website on the PhotoAlbum page. As a member you get 5MB of storage for your pictures.

If you need help, just holler.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom