Get rid of McDonald's in the Parks

IcicleM

Sorry to tell you, Bruce, but I'm not fat, and never have been, and guess what? I eat McDonald's. I'm not a vegetarian, and never have been, and never will. You know why? Because I like meat, and it also provides a good source of protein, and I would prefer getting my protein from meat rather than through other means. I'm a healthy person, you know why? Because I watch what I eat, and I monitor my eating habits, because I care about my body. Just because I care about my body does not mean I'm a hypocrite by eating McDonald's. It's not the devil, it's not gonna kill me, and do you know why? Seriously, this time, you seem to have all the answers ;) Because I'm not a health nut about my body to the point where I am afraid of ANY kind of trans-fat.

I know that trans-fat is not good for the body, so I don't eat it in excess.

kachow

My main problem whenever I see one of the McDonalds stands is that I'm surprised anyone would eat that over one of the other options. The only time I ever eat McDonalds, which is rare, is when I'm on the road and it's the only option. But if I can have a freshly grilled hamburger over a steamed or microwaved meatlike substance, why would I choose the latter?

pintraderpayee

To Bruce Wayne: Not all of those "fatties" you dislike seeing at the park are large because they made bad food choices:brick: My son (18) is a 280 lbs 6'1" wall of flesh who can out walk anyone I've ever seen traversing WDW. He does, however, take meds that keep him at a heavier than average weight. IMHO, I don't think you should be so quick to judge others. Also, since this is an informal discussion board typos and grammatical errors are overlooked:p You seem to be someone who has lost their pixie dust since their last trip to WDW. I hope you find it again:lol:

browniebee

People have been eating McD's since the 50s. The problem today is that people eat too much McDonalds and many don't exercise. Having discrete McDonald's stands in Disney doesn't bother me, because there are so many other choices there. Many of the counter-service locations at Disney do not offer the healthiest food either, and it's all about the choices you make.

People have to realize their own limitations. Someone with a fast metabolism and a healthy heart may not have issues eating McDonalds more frequently than someone who has a slower metabolism and a family history of heart disease.

I eat McDonalds about once a month because I don't have a great metabolism, but I also stay fit during the school year by dancing 10 hours a week. I try to eat healthier when I'm not exercising because I don't want to gain weight. It's all about the choices people make.

In Disney, I'll buy McD fries once a trip. Personally I like those fries better than Disney's. I understand a lot of people are totally grossed out seeing a McDonalds stand in Disney, but I think that it's not worth ruining your vacation over. Obesity is a big problem but back in the 70s, kids would eat McDonalds too and didn't become overweight. Parents can't let their kids eat too much of it, but it's not fair to pull McDonalds out of Disney parks because Disney is not responsible for the food choices visitors are making. They're certainly are enough healthy options throughout the parks and Disney's not shoving fries down the visitors' throats.

Jenerella

I think McDonalds funds something for Disney,if I'm correct,Mcdonalds will
always be in the parks, as it should be.
Mcdonalds is obviously a wonderful place to see if you are there with children.

BruceWayne

IcicleM said:
Sorry to tell you, Bruce, but I'm not fat, and never have been, and guess what? I eat McDonald's. I'm not a vegetarian, and never have been, and never will. You know why? Because I like meat, and it also provides a good source of protein, and I would prefer getting my protein from meat rather than through other means. I'm a healthy person, you know why? Because I watch what I eat, and I monitor my eating habits, because I care about my body. Just because I care about my body does not mean I'm a hypocrite by eating McDonald's. It's not the devil, it's not gonna kill me, and do you know why? Seriously, this time, you seem to have all the answers ;) Because I'm not a health nut about my body to the point where I am afraid of ANY kind of trans-fat.

I know that trans-fat is not good for the body, so I don't eat it in excess.

I just wanted to point out that I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat, poultry, and fish. If you think what you are getting from a McDonalds hamburger is real meat then you need to do some investigating. For a while Mickey D's used a powdery substance that was mixed to form their patties, now they use a version of this, but it comes pre fixed and frozen, eliminating the need for the inhouse employees to do the mixing.

CoffeeJedi

Jenerella said:
I think McDonalds funds something for Disney,if I'm correct,Mcdonalds will
always be in the parks, as it should be.
Mcdonalds is obviously a wonderful place to see if you are there with children.
oooh, you don't actually feed that stuff to your kids, do you?
i mean, yeah, personal choice is great for adults, we can decide to indulge in bad food every now and then, but i would never let my kids have the stuff.
and yes, McDonald's sponsers the "Dinosaur" attraction at Animal Kingdom

And before you jump all over me about moderation and weight, understand where I'm coming from. It's not even the trans-fat and sugar that gets me. "Good" food at a nice restaurant is generally terrible for you when it comes to that stuff too. Its just the quality of the "food" that bugs me about McDonalds. Its all chemicals and filler (and their employees tend to not be the most hygenic people), and they put more cheap junk into it every year to increase their bottom line. Your body just doesn't get any nutrition out of that stuff. When i switched to a mostly organic (or at least "natural") diet with my wife, I noticed that my energy level went up, and my immune system was bolstered as well; I simply didn't get sick as often. Even my allergies cleared up! It's amazing the difference in how your body reacts to real nutritional ingredients as opposed to chemicals and pesticides. (And don't even get me started on why EVERYTHING has to have high-fructose corn syrup in it!) Not to mention that it tastes alot better too! When i now eat "conventional" food (ironic term really), it tastes bland, flavorless, and artificial compared to organic food. Yes, its more expensive, but its a nice trade-off in that you don't need to eat as much of it. You feel "full" longer because your body actually has something to digest and use instead of just absorbing chemicals. (which if you ARE trying to lose weight, would be a big help!)

I don't want to come across as "superior", or snobby. I'm not "better than you" because i make different food choices. ANYONE can do this. Really, give it a shot! You'll be doing yourself and your family a huge favor.

*Seriously, can they even legally call those burgers "meat" anymore? Maybe "meef" would be a better name! Mmmmm, McMeefburgers!*

Scooter

BruceWayne said:
I just wanted to point out that I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat, poultry, and fish. If you think what you are getting from a McDonalds hamburger is real meat then you need to do some investigating. For a while Mickey D's used a powdery substance that was mixed to form their patties, now they use a version of this, but it comes pre fixed and frozen, eliminating the need for the inhouse employees to do the mixing.

I was going to stay out of this health food issue but this statement really rubbed me wrong.

For 3 years I worked for one of the companys that make Mc Donalds hamburgers. I witnessed the process from start to finish.

Then I quit the job to work for the United States Department of Agriculture.
I was a U.S.D.A. Meat Inspector for 10 years.

I don't know where you get your information from, but none of it is true.
McDonalds hamburgers are healthier than most other fast food places and unless you buy 90/10 extra lean ground beef at your local grocery store, McDonalds hamburgers are leaner than most ground beef you buy at any grocery store. Most hamburgers are made from a 70/30 mixture, that means 70% lean meat with 30% beef fat mixed in it. McDonalds requires that all their burgers have 23% fat or less. A lot of this fat is cooked out on the grill so the actual fat content when served is far less than 23%

There are No additives and the meat plant and sanitation is checked by USDA Inspectors at every level. The plants have their own Quality Assurance Programs who check every batch made...
...so unless you know all the facts, please don't spread misinformation in these forums. It does nothing but perpertuate lies and rumours.

And as long as I'm on a roll I might add this: Don't be afraid to eat Hot dogs either...in spite of all the rumours, they are NOT made of pig snouts, lips, eyballs, ears, or any other wierd organ or appendage. They are made with 100% USDA inspected cuts of pork and beef. They DO add a lot of preservatives to hot dogs though so I reccomend that you read the label before buying hot dogs in case of allergies.

shoppingnut

CoffeeJedi said:
Your body just doesn't get any nutrition out of that stuff.

Nor would it if I decide to eat a box of Entermann's donuts or a bag of potato chips as a meal. I have done this yes, I have eaten a bag of chips as a meal, did I know it's bad, yes, did I care, no, it's what I felt like having. There is lots of stuff your body gets no nutrition from, so where do you draw the line, you can't regulate everything.

WinstonFl

Mcdonalds & Disney Part Ways..

Some of you may get your wish...Not sure if it's been brought up somewhere yet or what the rule is here about posting links (don't post on here very much) but.. heres an expert from the Orlando Sentinel..

"McDonald's Corp. and Walt Disney Co. have been promoting each other's offerings for nearly 20 years. And that makes breaking up hard to do.

But the end of their exclusive 10-year relationship has arrived. And while launching the last official joint promotion next week, they remain locked in talks over new promotions for 2007 and 2008. They also continue to discuss the future of McDonald's restaurants at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure Park, both located in Anaheim, and Walt Disney World in Orlando, which were covered by the agreement."

scottnj1966

Wow I cannot believe how many people are against one company.

WDW and all of Disney depend on sponsers. Without them we would not have many of the rides. McDonalds did pay most of the tab of Countdown to Extinction ( known as Dinosaur now).

What about Coke. Without them alot of things at Disney would not be.
Same with GM, Kodak, RCA, Monsanto, Fed Ex etc etc
They come and go but without them we would not have some great rides.

You only have one fry stand in each park. Thats it.
And only two mcdonalds on site and neither are in one of the parks.

Dont eat them. If it reminds you of home, well actually tha tmakes no sense at all, what about all the other sponsers. You just sound like you have a grudge against them.

IcicleM

Haha, Texas, that's great :lol:

Yeah, well, I don't JUST get my source of protein and meat from McDonald's. I'm saying that I get it at all, and I'm not fat because once in a while, I DO eat a McDonald's Hamburger, or French Fries.

bsandersjr

BruceWayne said:

Exactly how long were you emplyed there?
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom