Get Me Outa This Resort!

disneysince71

I've seen over 15 brazilian kids pack into the POR hot tub regardless of the rules or others wanting to use it...they also swear at you in Portuguese and have no one controlling any of them...if you HAVE to stay at a moderate, go with Corronado...
When my kids where all very little we where on a bus with a Brazilian group and it was very hot... they just kept screaming at the bus driver.... "AIR CONDITIONING!!!!" "AIR CONDITIONING!!!!" "AIR CONDITIONING!!!!" They said it over, and over, and over.... Still today when I get on a Disney Bus and it is hot, or I pass a Brazillain group... it is all I can think about... :)
"AIR CONDITIONING!!!!" :)

Upvote 0

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
A few years ago stayed we stayed at All-Star Sports and there was an issue with the water. The shower wasn't turning on and the toilet wasn't flushing. We called for maintenance before we left for the park and they said they'd have it fixed by the time we got back later that night, but when we got back there was no sign that anyone had been there at all. So, we called the front desk again and at some point they just ended up having us switch rooms. It was frustrating and I try to avoid All-Stars as much as possible now.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

A few years ago stayed we stayed at All-Star Sports and there was an issue with the water. The shower wasn't turning on and the toilet wasn't flushing. We called for maintenance before we left for the park and they said they'd have it fixed by the time we got back later that night, but when we got back there was no sign that anyone had been there at all. So, we called the front desk again and at some point they just ended up having us switch rooms. It was frustrating and I try to avoid All-Stars as much as possible now.
That's Horrible! :(

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We really only experienced this one time at Fort Wilderness about half way through our stay when a group moved into the 100 loop who were obviously "tail gate people" verses "camping people" They were horribly loud and drunk. We could hear them and their outside tv seven or eight sites away. After the second night of their shenanigans CM came by and reminded the of quiet hours. I did get a laugh at them the next day at the M K when it was hot as blue blazes and they were clearly hung over and wearing nylon football jerseys that were black with gold trim. I know I probably should have not openly laughed at them but I was over tired from their partying.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Well I run a program where we bring around 130 of those screaming cheerleaders every year.... Several of them...Have never been passed the state line. Personally our group is well chaperoned and we make them behave and follow strict curfews.
Hatter one of my coolist Disney moments is when I take a group of girls to the castle for the first time and they just stare....or the first time they see Mickey Mouse... It brings tears to your eyes... Its a true blessing to coach these girls.... It's what it's all about :)
Unfortunately, the problem doesn't come from groups like yours. The problems come from groups where the "responsible" adults don't care what their kids are doing, or how that behavior affects others.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I keep very far away from value resorts for this reason..lol..however my first trip to the Coronado Resort many years ago was rather humorous as I had booked our room unknowingly during the Gay Pride week and there was a convention being held at the Coronado..Didnt bother me a bit but alot of guests were in an uproar...demanding to be moved...We had zero issues...my daughter(in college now) was probably 8-9 and was like whats the big deal..I told her there wasnt one...it was quite an enjoyable week

Checking the crowd calendar on Touringplans.com today, I see that Gay Days coincides with Star Wars Weekend, May 31 to June 2.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I've never had a problem like this.
I will say that if something along these lines happens to me, I won't have any problems getting satisfaction from management. I would call, and call, and call, and call........
This would continue until the problem was fixed, or they moved me to another resort to get rid of me.
I would also do my best to identify where these kids came from, and complain directly to their home towns/school districts. Wouldn't have any problem with making it so kids from a particular town or school never go on a trip like that again.

Upvote 0

righttrack

I have never had a bad resort experience but certainly enjoyed some over the others. If something is wrong, go to the front desk, give them a chance and mostly they can make it better. I can't tell you how many times people suffer through bad experiences in restaurants and hotels and don't say anything. If you give management the chance, tell them what's going on, most if not all will do something to make your experience better. They'd much rather hear from you than read your bad review on Yelp or Tripadvisor.

Upvote 0
Well I never remember having a bad resort experience due to a group but have witnessed some disrespectful behavior in the park from Tour Groups from other countries. I have witnessed them leave trash on tables in sunshine seasons expecting a CM to clean up after them and also they have no regard for any other visitors when walking, especially me trying to push my mom in a wheelchair last trip after her foot surgery. All and all there are some unruley groups and some need to learn respect whether your from the states or not

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
@disneysince71 It only take one group of misbehaved cheerleaders for it to look bad for all of them. It sounds like you have a lovely and respectful group. I had this happen to me a lot when I worked in child care. We would bring a group of 50 School Agers to the movies and we would hear all the other patrons and staff complaining. We always received compliments from the staff after our field trips as my kids knew I wasn't fooling around when it came to bad behavior.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

@disneysince71 It only take one group of misbehaved cheerleaders for it to look bad for all of them. It sounds like you have a lovely and respectful group. I had this happen to me a lot when I worked in child care. We would bring a group of 50 School Agers to the movies and we would hear all the other patrons and staff complaining. We always received compliments from the staff after our field trips as my kids knew I wasn't fooling around when it came to bad behavior.
You know I realize that some of our kids are not always the best behaved. In the past couple of years we (PW) have put strict curfews in place and rules for behavior, ext. so if you let someone know it will be taken care of immediately. I guess I want to get the word out there... we are a recreation group ran by Volunteer parents. Its a Non Profit organization ran by Men and Women that love kids. Also all of them have practiced and competed for months just to qualify and they have been given a once in a lifetime opportunity to be there. :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I've seen over 15 brazilian kids pack into the POR hot tub regardless of the rules or others wanting to use it...they also swear at you in Portuguese and have no one controlling any of them...if you HAVE to stay at a moderate, go with Corronado...
I'd just smile at them ( face painted in red blotchy spots ) jump into the hot tub,and swear in Gaelic.Bet you there's 15 less Brazilian kids in the hot tub.;)

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Yacht Club. We were booked there for 13 nights 3 or 4 years back. Service was so bad, room was in such a bad location, we left after 4 and went to the Polynesian.

All Star Movies. Love the place, but we were there during one of the hurricanes in 2004 when the parks were closed for 2.5 days and we were literally trapped in our room with nothing to eat except what was in the vending machine. Food Court and gift shop remained closed the entire time, and when the food court opened on the 3rd day, menu was extremely limited and lines were out into the lobby. I know people had their homes to worry about, but really, that was one instance when Disney didn't handle things well in the least.

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

I also travel with my cheerleaders. Usually I'm in charge of about 30 of them as we wander across the states for events and let me tell you those girls behave themselves, when they don't it doesn't matter where we are I start counting, when I finish and they stop talking they all get on the ground and do whatever number I counted to's worth of push ups in silence. I feel awful for whatever children I have one day... they are in for some interesting repercussions to bad behavior.

We had a problem at POR only once with groups and that was a high school band, they were horrible but then again they were high schoolers away from their parents and these things happen.

Does anyone know where the Brazillians stay? I dread the day I decided to stay off site and end up at hotel Brazil.

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Mansions POR from just before Christmas to a week after New Year's. My folks were in the adjoining room for the first week and another family moved in, they were loud at night but nothing like overnight after New Years Eve, millenium. Screaming, yelling, throwing of things. Security called so many times and they didn't shut up 'till dawn, my kids slept through so they were up early.

For about an hour or so as my DH would pass their door getting coffee or whatever he'd pound on their door making sure they were up. We ate, DH pounded on door some more, swam-pounded some more, went to parks a parting pound. He wanted to make sure their sleep was disturb as much as his was. (so out of character for my DH) When we came back from the parks our neighbors had moved out, thinking security evicted them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom