Get Me Outa This Resort!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I miss the days of when staying at the GF, the kids were well-behaved, classy kids. Now they are either foreign or very ill behaved!!!
Whit!!!:eek: LOL Love your reply." Where have all the snotty children gone " ? Now there all foreign,eh! Everyone at WDW is foreign to someone.Reminds of a quote from " Braveheart " The problem with Scotland is there's too many Scots.Sadly not anymore.When I visit my home town of Glasgow,I feel I'am in Eastern Europe.:(

Upvote 0

hiptwinmama

I would'nt hesititate to go for an instant..like I said..we had no issues...
I have no issue with Gay Days, but I would never take my small children then. Simply because we haven't even talked about the birds and the bees yet, much less explaining homosexuality. My kids think it is totally gross for boys and girls to kiss. I could just see them seeing 2 men or 2 women kissing and yelling "ewh.. gross" then us getting the look of death. Not because they are gay but because they were kissing. People would think we were homophobic.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

I have no issue with Gay Days, but I would never take my small children then. Simply because we haven't even talked about the birds and the bees yet, much less explaining homosexuality. My kids think it is totally gross for boys and girls to kiss. I could just see them seeing 2 men or 2 women kissing and yelling "ewh.. gross" then us getting the look of death. Not because they are gay but because they were kissing. People would think we were homophobic.

I think adults by and large know that kids are'nt accountable for blurting out innocent things like that..teenagers a bit different..but younger kids..I doubt same sex partners would even pay attention..

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I would'nt hesititate to go for an instant..like I said..we had no issues...

I didn't mean anything by what I posted. I'd have no problem either. I just thought there must be a joke or two to be made with Star Wars and Gay Days happening the same weekend. Something innapropriate about lightsabers, or using the force.....:D

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Whit!!!:eek: LOL Love your reply." Where have all the snotty children gone " ? Now there all foreign,eh! Everyone at WDW is foreign to someone.Reminds of a quote from " Braveheart " The problem with Scotland is there's too many Scots.Sadly not anymore.When I visit my home town of Glasgow,I feel I'am in Eastern Europe.:(
The problem with Scotland is....it's full of Scots!

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I've never felt the need to "get outta here!" But, I have been annoyed by resorts and so I just don't stay there anymore. Particularly, I was annoyed by the amount of walknig at Pop Century and CS from my room to the cafeterias. I'm sure for some it's no big deal. But, I found it to be exhausting and annoying after a long day of walking already. We would get back to the room and then realize we needed something (milk for the morning, or sunscreen, or something) and my husband and I would do rock paper scissors to see who had to trek all the way to the gift shop/cafeteria to get the stuff. This last time around, it was sooooo much easier staying at WL. It's such a compact hotel and we would literally run down to the Roaring Fork or gift shop like 2-3 times a night (kids go to bed around 9:00 - so we're up for awhile) and it was no biggie.

Again, not like I was desperate to leave those resorts. But, now we go every 18 months instead of 12 months so that we can save up the extra cash to stay at WL.

Upvote 0

goodlife78

Morning Folks. After my question about the most relaxing resort at WDW.Have you ever stayed at a resort where it's the opposite.? Maybe it was a tour group going bananas? Or Cheerleader convention,? Or kids from hell running amok.?:eek:

I will say I love pop century, we had a nine day stay last year and on day 7 the whole cheerleader thing started up, busses were packed as we're parks the pools, by last day I was very ready to go. It was mid march last year in case anyone wants to avoid like little jr high cheer comeption. Oh and to add to it the closed indiana jones stunt shot thing that my DS loves he was so disappointed

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
i haven't had any real disturbances at the resorts as other have mentioned - other than my wife snoring like there is a wood sawing contest going on.

However our last trip we decided to try something new and stay at the CBR....ahhh....Never again.

My kids didn't like the idea of staying there from the get and my wife and I told 'em to 'zip it' and it would be fine and fun to try something new...
Man I hate eating crow - especially when it's my kids serving it.;)

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I didn't mean anything by what I posted. I'd have no problem either. I just thought there must be a joke or two to be made with Star Wars and Gay Days happening the same weekend. Something innapropriate about lightsabers, or using the force.....:D

For those of you that like Family Guy, think of how Obi Wan was portrayed in the Star Wars spoof episodes. That's what I was thinking of.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Well, if there's one thing my brain is full of beside Disney minutiae, it's full of mostly useless movie trivia.
I love how Patrick McGoohan delivered the line, with a bit of an evil chuckle at the end of the line.
Big,Big,Fan of the late Patrick.Was a member of the 6 of 1 society ( The Prisioner ) and met him at a fan convention in Portmerion in Wales when the TV series was filmed.He was a gentleman.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Big,Big,Fan of the late Patrick.Was a member of the 6 of 1 society ( The Prisioner ) and met him at a fan convention in Portmerion in Wales when the TV series was filmed.He was a gentleman.
Very cool.
All this Braveheart talk, and I haven't watched the movie in a while. Guess I'll have to watch tonight. Some of my favorite actors in it. James Cosmo, Brian , Brendan Gleeson. Also loved David O'Hara, who played Stephen the crazy Irishman.

Upvote 0

beachlover4444

They are putting up all the groups, cheerleaders, bands etc at the All Star Resorts, especially music and sports. Avoid those from January-April. After spring break ends it isn't as bad. I like the mid value resorts but if you have the bucks, go Yacht & Beach or high end to get a quieter stay. They don't tolerate the crazy behavior that those resorts.

Upvote 0

beachlover4444

We found out the hard way that staying at a moderate doesn't guarantee refuge from hordes of unsupervised teens- the tail end of our Disneymoon at POR was soured by a double whammy of band competition and cheer competition teens. Turns out that POR is regularly invaded by the cheerios & other groups- and the ones we dealt with were horribly unsupervised and bratty. Not what you expect when you pay more to escape this type of madness.
For awhile there was so much damage to the resorts that they discontinued encouraging certain types of tourists from coming. Just think people who come to line with 20 people who don't speak English and are rude beyond imagination. They actually made holes in walls to make the rooms adjoining. Ridiculous. But now they are marketing to them again so get ready for more RUDE tourists. I have no problem with groups of all kinds enjoying the park but PLEASE be more courteous to others. Leave the rudeness at the turnstile please.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

I've never experienced it at Disney but sadly I can't say the same for I-Drive. On the plus side, 12 years working part-time as a nightclub bouncer has given me all the skills required for dealing with drunks and my 16 years as a firefighter has given me valuable experience in dealing with annoying teens.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom