Get Me Outa This Resort!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I keep very far away from value resorts for this reason..lol..however my first trip to the Coronado Resort many years ago was rather humorous as I had booked our room unknowingly during the Gay Pride week and there was a convention being held at the Coronado..Didnt bother me a bit but alot of guests were in an uproar...demanding to be moved...We had zero issues...my daughter(in college now) was probably 8-9 and was like whats the big deal..I told her there wasnt one...it was quite an enjoyable week
Hey Ho! Away we go. My local barman said to me one night,when I popped in for a beer," Watch what your saying tonight Hatter,there's two gays in here tonight" I looked around ( as you would ) and replied to him " Where about's?" So the barman says to me " Give me a kiss and I'll tell you." :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

I have stayed at Pop twice and never experience anyone unruly. I think it is to be expected that when people have to walk by your window or door to hear noise but when we are in the room (very little) we usually have a tv on so that drowns it out for the most part. We are staying at the Contemporary this time and even though it is a deluxe I expect much the same thing. Go in with realistic expectations and you usually wind up pretty happy. If kids get out of hand, talk to management. Make them know you are really unhappy and usually it will get taken care of. If not, call the cops!

Upvote 0

littleroo

Lucky for us, we have yet to have an experience like that. I have never even seen one of the mobs of people that gets tallked about walking thru the parks either. Knock on wood!! I believe it is only bc we are usually there at the end of Aug.

I think there is a time and place for everything. Screaming in the pool at 3pm in the afternoon, that is inevitable but 11 pm hits, you should certainly have respect for people around you.

Upvote 0

wsmith1978

Stayed at Wilderness Lodge last year (like every year) and at 1:00AM the family in the next room came back to the hotel, from wherever they were, with what sounded like 4 or 5 kids and they were all screaming and cheering and jumping around. It woke us up, and we put up with it for about a half hour before complaining to the front desk, who immediately sent someone up to ask them to calm down. They were quiet after that. I felt bad, because they were just excited, but you still should have some level of respect for your neighbors, especially at that hour.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I keep very far away from value resorts for this reason..lol..however my first trip to the Coronado Resort many years ago was rather humorous as I had booked our room unknowingly during the Gay Pride week and there was a convention being held at the Coronado..Didnt bother me a bit but alot of guests were in an uproar...demanding to be moved...We had zero issues...my daughter(in college now) was probably 8-9 and was like whats the big deal..I told her there wasnt one...it was quite an enjoyable week
I went during one of those weeks too, I did not know that was when they did it when I booked, I found it to not be an issue at all, and no impact on the crowds(as long as you know where the group is planning to be. We are all folks just wanted to enjoy the place.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I know people knock my beloved home away from home CBR so I realize resort choice and preference is all a matter of personal opinion. After that disclaimer, it's Pop Century for me. The were ok with Pop Century but prefer CBR, the wife and I just didn't like it very much at all. Single bus pickup/ drop off location that appeared to be constantly packed. Felt like longer waits for busses/ fewer busses both at the parks and the resort. I understand the theming but for me it was just too in my face and hokey. Customer service was good and the food court was ok (CBR's isn't super for food service either.) Part of it may just be that it was different than what we were used to but we probably won't try it again.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Our group gets a lot of negative press... When actually they are kids who are truly blessed by the experience... And as a coach it is a positive/blessing to be able to bring them there. :)
Edit, and I am deleting my other post, I read this totally wrong, I thought you were implying it was a blessing to not have to bring all the kids! What you were saying is that the trip was a chance for some of them to travel that never could, which is awesome. I have to say that hoards of kids are not what everyone is shooting for, but as a former band geek kids love those trips and its one of the few times kids get to be kids. Bless you and your group! And those that complain about it, well don't stay at a value and you are less likely to have to deal with it!

Upvote 0

EpcotCenter82

My last stay at POR in October 2012 was a nightmare about half way through the week. I had the family from he** move in next door and everytime they entered the room, the children started to scream, sometimes lasting for 30 to 40 minutes. Even if it was 10:00, 11:00 at night, the children would scream, hit the walls, hit the connecting room door, etc. After about two days of this, I went to the front desk to request to be moved. Another guest in the lodge I was in had just complained and I was assured it would be taken care of. The noise did not stop completely, but was much better.

Upvote 0

93boomer

Premium Member
We stayed at ASMu in 03 and only because it was a special-priced package. We didn't have our DD with us that trip, but we decided the pkg was worth it. Never will stay again! The walls were paper thin. We could hear every conversation the family in the next room was having, even got woke up early each morning. Ugh we only went to our rooms to shower and sleep. Got to the parks asap each day! Maybe it was just a bad time to stay there.:(

Upvote 0

Hulacat

Our group gets a lot of negative press... When actually they are kids who are truly blessed by the experience... And as a coach it is a positive/blessing to be able to bring them there. :)
It sounds like you are also a very mindful & considerate chaperone who ensures that her group is well behaved while enjoying the magic. I bet that the kids have awesome memories of their trips.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

It sounds like you are also a very mindful & considerate chaperone who ensures that her group is well behaved while enjoying the magic. I bet that the kids have awesome memories of their trips.
We have been bringing them for 10 years now... some of the ones from back then have come to me as Adults and Thank us for the experience. And even though they are all so grateful, I Thank the Lord daily for the opportunity to be there for these kids...

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Morning Folks. After my question about the most relaxing resort at WDW.Have you ever stayed at a resort where it's the opposite.? Maybe it was a tour group going bananas? Or Cheerleader convention,? Or kids from hell running amok.?:eek:

We felt that way at Pop. Mom and I went from GF to Pop - we planned to only stay for one night and we went for two! :)

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

God help me for saying this but we were not all that crazy about POFQ:eek:....yes, I know it has a rather strong fanbase here but I just have to say we were not "feeling it". I would not say my feelings were "get me outta this resort" but I would say "been there, done that". The ambiance just did not work for us. The pool was kind of lackluster, The food court looked like a warehouse with bric-a-brac thrown about, toilet noises from the rooms above were REALLY loud when flushed and sharing busses with the sizeable POR. Now this was the first time we had taken a step down from Deluxe resorts so perhaps that had something to do with it but I will say we did enjoy the next moderate we stayed at much better. Each to his own I guess and that is why they make chocolate and vanilla.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Let me preface this by saying I think WL is a stunning resort! In fact, it's DH's favorite so clearly we had a good time staying there as well as some pop in visits. However, when we did stay there we 1) still had a huge stroller that only fit in the doorway area (talk about feeling trapped) 2) had to have tons of winter clothes 3) had a ton of more infant like stuff b/c DD4 was still in diapers (she just turned 2) and 4) being that it was winter- I couldn't use my summer packing strategy that helps the room from turning into a clothing explosion...especially since we needed lots of back up clothes for possible accidents.

Now, it's no secret that the rooms at WL and AKL are the smallest of the deluxe resorts and I've said many times... I'm a bit claustrophobic. :eek: You combine all of this will all of our STUFF and I was miserable. Seriously, I was usually pretty happy to leave the room even when I was so tired that I was ready to drop. Now that we're past the strollers and diapers, I'd be willing to go back for a summer trip BUT even then I'll still be a bit nervous. I think I'm going to have to deal though b/c DH wants to stay there again whenever we choose to return for a full trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom