Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, February 17

Honestly I was not thrilled with the location of our room. I had requested "Near Transportation" (which in the case of Pop also means "Near Lobby/Food") and our room is about as far away from the main building as you can get. We tried walking two different paths and came up with the same conclusion....far.

But we are extremely close to our car and near the end of what should be a quiet garden view. So I decided to make the best of it.

Then 11:45 pm last night happened.

Em and I were both awakened by high-pitched screaming....followed by loud chanting (not of the American variety)....and then same loud song over and over and over (I did not know Bluetooth speakers could project at that high of a volume!) Our ceiling was shaking. I was furious.

I did nothing for 10 minutes or so, figuring someone (adult) would quiet the girls. Wrong.
I picked up the phone and called the front desk.

"Good evening! How can I assist the Tuvalu family?" a voice chirped.

Me (not so chirpy): "Yes you can send someone to quiet the chanting, jumping and loud party music going on in our building!!"

CM: "Okay!"

It was at least 20 minutes before things quieted down. And by quiet I mean we could still hear loud talking and movement. But at least the music and chanting had stopped.

So much for a good night's sleep.

We wanted to be out our door by 7 am, so breakfast was in the room....courtesy of @lostpro9het ~
IMG_5646.JPG

Yeah, we went for the ultimate ~ the Chocolate Lover's Variety pack.

And since we do not have to rely on monorail transport, a bus was waiting for us:
IMG_5647.JPG

And if one wasn't enough, there was the bigger bendy bus behind it:

IMG_5648.JPG

We're on our way!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So sad there is no more welcome show. Enjoy your day in MK - and I know you said I am there virtually but I want to be there in the flesh!
I think I know what's coming ........
I'm sure you do.....

So does everyone go through the metal detectors?
Have an awesome day at the MK :) I am so jealous as I'm looking out the window to more and more snow haha
Yes, everyone needs to go through the metal detectors.
Too bad you aren't here, beautiful sun and 65 degrees!

Scoppin

Too funny, Tu!

I think it's "close enough" to wear the birthday pin.

I toyed with the idea of coming back on Friday mainly for RoL. But I have some fixtures coming in for my store that day, and I really should be there. Driving home tonight or Friday morning.

Have a great time!! Monorails were working all day yesterday. (Jinx!)

Yes, but you are not @Tuvalu. It would be nice to be there when @Tuvalu is there in order to meet her, but would have to expect to use other means of transportation. :D:D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Back to the beginning. Those of you who expected our first ride to be Peter Pan?

You'd be wrong. :D

IMG_5696.JPG

Since we were one of the first guests through the train tunnel we decided just to make the walk right to 7DMT. In line and exiting in 15 minutes.

IMG_5655.JPG

But attraction #2 was the usual.

IMG_5657.JPG

IMG_5659.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Poor Em had not had her caffeine fix yet. We remedied that with a stop here:

IMG_5661.JPG

Yes, she would have preferred Starbucks but we didn't want to backtrack to Main Street. In hindsight Starbucks would have been better because this coffee was in a generic non-Disney cup and wasn't much stronger than hot water (Em likes her java strong.)

IMG_5662.JPG

Woodywrkr

Poor Em had not had her caffeine fix yet. We remedied that with a stop here:

View attachment 190161

Yes, she would have preferred Starbucks but we didn't want to backtrack to Main Street. In hindsight Starbucks would have been better because this coffee was in a generic non-Disney cup and wasn't much stronger than hot water (Em likes her java strong.)

View attachment 190168

Hey @TrolleyFollower91 isn't bad coffee at WDW better than good coffee anywhere else?

MegRuss626

Friday, February 17

Honestly I was not thrilled with the location of our room. I had requested "Near Transportation" (which in the case of Pop also means "Near Lobby/Food") and our room is about as far away from the main building as you can get. We tried walking two different paths and came up with the same conclusion....far.

But we are extremely close to our car and near the end of what should be a quiet garden view. So I decided to make the best of it.

Then 11:45 pm last night happened.

Em and I were both awakened by high-pitched screaming....followed by loud chanting (not of the American variety)....and then same loud song over and over and over (I did not know Bluetooth speakers could project at that high of a volume!) Our ceiling was shaking. I was furious.

I did nothing for 10 minutes or so, figuring someone (adult) would quiet the girls. Wrong.
I picked up the phone and called the front desk.

"Good evening! How can I assist the Tuvalu family?" a voice chirped.

Me (not so chirpy): "Yes you can send someone to quiet the chanting, jumping and loud party music going on in our building!!"

CM: "Okay!"

It was at least 20 minutes before things quieted down. And by quiet I mean we could still hear loud talking and movement. But at least the music and chanting had stopped.

So much for a good night's sleep.

We wanted to be out our door by 7 am, so breakfast was in the room....courtesy of @lostpro9het ~
View attachment 190107
Yeah, we went for the ultimate ~ the Chocolate Lover's Variety pack.

And since we do not have to rely on monorail transport, a bus was waiting for us:
View attachment 190108

And if one wasn't enough, there was the bigger bendy bus behind it:

View attachment 190109

We're on our way!

I thought of you and @lostpro9het the other day while I was standing in line at Rite Aid....they had Entenmann's scented candles! None were chocolate donut scented though! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom