Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Guests had to stand back until a ferry emptied. (Except for these special snowflakes who ignored Do Not Enter gates.)

IMG_5633.JPG

Then a CM said we could enter and we stood against the railing. I only took a couple of pics since they aren't the best quality and Em scolded, "Just watch and enjoy them, Mom!"

IMG_5640.JPG

IMG_5641.JPG

Now we're on our way back to Epcot to retrieve the car. Park Commandos would rush back inside the gates and find a spot to watch Illuminations.

We have previously established Em and I are not Park Commandos.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We picked up a snack to share in the food court. We did not know what kind of cupcake it was (there was no sign) but Em said the chocolate icing looked good.

IMG_5644.JPG

It was a chocolate strawberry cupcake! :hungry: Inside were real strawberries.

IMG_5645.JPG

We have both been awake since 4:30 am and it's time for bed. We need to be up early for EMH, so we'll see you tomorrow!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh Em! Happy but tired. Those little eyes of yours look so sleepy.

We have finished unpacking and Em is dozing....can't complain since she drove the entire way....here is the resort reveal:

Yep, deserved nap or she'd be asleep on the MPB. Have fun!

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should get a birthday pin.
And I am fully confident the monorail will not be operating when we want to ride it. :joyfull:
Ah, go for the pin! And you are WAY past worrying about the monorail being operational. You guys are now the special guests of the monorail mayhem groupies.

I may have had a Gilmore Girls geek-out moment. Festival of Living Pictures, anyone?

View attachment 190014

Awesome. DD and I-professed Gilmore Girl Geeks would love this photo.
OK so let me get this straight
I told you to go back and you did

Next time you go you need to take me too!!!!!

( I really hope this works!!)

Max

Well if it works, I'm right behind you and climbing in the backseat, no need for shotgun

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Wish we'd gotten the chance to help paint the mural like @Tony the Tigger did.

View attachment 190008

A gorgeous evening in World Showcase.
View attachment 190009

View attachment 190010

We chose Les Halles for dinner. I saw an outdoor table and held it while Em perused the menu. This was the view:

View attachment 190011

View attachment 190012

When Em returned I went to get the food. We had the Turkey BLT. Last time we tried it the sandwich was on a crusty baguette. Now it is on a softer brioche bun. And even though I requested the sandwich toasted, it was still cold.

View attachment 190013

The cookie was a bit on the crunchy side. Not our best Les Halles meal. But the al fresco dining was great!

Al fresco dining is always great. Although an appropriately toasted sandwich is also great (really, its kind of necessary--what good is a cold toasted sandwich? :depressed: )

What?? Not park commandos?:confused::confused::confused:

Regular visitors don't need to be park commandos. ;)

We picked up a snack to share in the food court. We did not know what kind of cupcake it was (there was no sign) but Em said the chocolate icing looked good.

View attachment 190076

View attachment 190077

We have both been awake since 4:30 am and it's time for bed. We need to be up early for EMH, so we'll see you tomorrow!

Em's instincts are sound. I would love to find a strawberry in the middle of my chocolate cupcake.

Unless peanut butter was an option :cautious:

LisaBelle

Yay! So excited for your mother daughter long weekend! My daughter and I have a road trip, too. Sadly it is only to Columbus, OH for my DDs two-day volleyball tournament. I will be following along after school tomorrow and then in between matches Saturday and Sunday.

Ahhhh, Wishes :happy:!

I may have had a Gilmore Girls geek-out moment. Festival of Living Pictures, anyone?

View attachment 190014
LOVE THIS!!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am really hoping you two are going to see Rivers of Light so I can finally hear about it???
But of course :D.

AWESOME!! Following along! I could never drive there - I'd be so excited I'd be going 90 with a pocket full of speeding tickets
Probably just as well. ;) We saw A LOT of cops writing tickets in South Georgia and Florida.

Sneaky ladies ;) This is so fun!! Will be following along :D:D
Glad to have you along as always! :p

YAY!!! How exciting, can't wait to read more!
Thanks for following!

Best feeling passing under that sign!! (Sighs)
Couldn't agree more!

Ahh!! So jealous! 1-that you're going back and 2- that Em gets the long weekend! Our county didn't do Presidents' Day this year for some reason so I'll be at pre-k on Monday! Boo!
Em sends her sympathy. :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Totally jealous! That festival looks like a lot of fun!
Indeed! We are looking forward to seeing more of it this weekend.

I knew you couldn't stay away that long - how many days a year do you spend in Disney?
Have a fab time and I'll be ready for the BTMRR and ice cream pictures.
So wish I was you right now!
About twice as many days as you. Though you are always with us virtually! :)

Oh, and BTW, I was *so* guessing EPCOT before I got to your reveal! :happy::happy::hilarious:
You're getting good! :joyfull:

Gee, that looks like fun . . . :depressed:
It wasn't too bad. Of course we have not experienced it during opening time....yet.

OK so let me get this straight
I told you to go back and you did

Next time you go you need to take me too!!!!!

( I really hope this works!!)

Max
I always do what I am told.
Usually.......:cautious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What?? Not park commandos?:confused::confused::confused:
In the "arrive at park opening and stay until park closing" sense. ;)

That Dapper Dan vinylmation would be awesome! I'm sure my hubs would love it. We might have to look for it when we are there in a couple weeks.
The only drawback is that the Vinylmation inside the box is a mystery. Depending on how lucky you are, you might have to buy a bunch of boxes before scoring Dapper Dan. :eek:

This is the best. I was so sad the last trip report was over. Enjoy the lovely weekend!
Thanks! Enjoy yours!

Thanks for your trip reports. They are very good.
Thank you for reading along! :geek:

Ah, go for the pin! And you are WAY past worrying about the monorail being operational. You guys are now the special guests of the monorail mayhem groupies.
A new acronym for us ~ MMGs!!!! Love it!

Al fresco dining is always great. Although an appropriately toasted sandwich is also great (really, its kind of necessary--what good is a cold toasted sandwich? :depressed: )
Em's instincts are sound. I would love to find a strawberry in the middle of my chocolate cupcake.
Unless peanut butter was an option :cautious:
@Tiggerish that's exactly what it was, a cold toasted sandwich!
And Em's with you on a peanut butter surprise....I foresee a Darth Vader cupcake in her future....

Yay! So excited for your mother daughter long weekend! My daughter and I have a road trip, too. Sadly it is only to Columbus, OH for my DDs two-day volleyball tournament. I will be following along after school tomorrow and then in between matches Saturday and Sunday.
A good soundtrack can make a road trip Epic!

Yay for a live trip report and another mother-daughter trip! Can't wait to read this over the weekend! I'm heading down on Sunday for a trip with my mom partially inspired by all of your fun trip reports with Em!
Hope you and your mom have the BEST time!!!!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

View attachment 190076

View attachment 190077

Oh, good lord . . . that looks so delicious and would go great with my coffee here at 5:53 AM. But I can't have it--it's just a picture of something I want . . . you're just teasing me with this scrumptious dessert. That's it--no more posting delicious chocolate desserts first thing in the morning--at least you could wait until later in the day to torment me!! :banghead:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Oh, good lord . . . that looks so delicious and would go great with my coffee here at 5:53 AM. But I can't have it--you're just teasing me with this scrumptious dessert. That's it--no more posting delicious chocolate desserts first thing in the morning--at least you could wait until later in the day to torment me!! :banghead:
It's 11am here ... Perfect time to be posting food pics.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh, good lord . . . that looks so delicious and would go great with my coffee here at 5:53 AM. But I can't have it--it's just a picture of something I want . . . you're just teasing me with this scrumptious dessert. That's it--no more posting delicious chocolate desserts first thing in the morning--at least you could wait until later in the day to torment me!! :banghead:
You might want to scroll past the upcoming breakfast picture....

Hope you have a great day today . I am getting my guess in early and saying MK today :D
1,000 points! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom