Trip Report Get in the Car, We're Going Home! LIVE *COMPLETED*

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
IMG_5585.JPG

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
IMG_5584.JPG

Scoppin

Surprise!

I could have titled this "That Time We Went to Florida and Didn't Tell Anyone" but I didn't want to plagiarize @Doc Disney. ;)

@Longers, you were right ~ we are sneaking in another trip before April. :D (I could not leave you in suspense until April, @blgauger!)

@amjt660 told me to get back to WDW soon ~ and I didn't want him to go through TR withdrawal. :joyfull:

And both @LisaBelle and @MegRuss626 asked me to "keep 'em coming!"

So here we go again......

Believe it or not this trip was birthed a mere three weeks ago. I was looking at Em's school calendar and noticed she had a long weekend for President's Day. I jokingly said, "Road Trip!" and before I knew it I was booking a room, making ADRs and choosing FPs.

Em requested we keep our plans secret ~ she's tired of the "You're going AGAIN??!!" comments ~ and the clandestine element made our anticipated adventure that much more exciting.

Well, the cat's out of the bag now. :cat: (Speaking of cats, Woody is lovingly caring for Poly and Kona in my absence. And yes, he was "in" on our secret.)

Em and I will attempt a duo LIVE report. You'll discover the trip deets as we go along.

@Tony the Tigger, you totally picked the wrong day to go to MK....you should have stuck with Friday!

@bee, too bad we're not staying at CSR this time....we'd pop by!

Departure:
View attachment 189887

Told ya I'd see ya real soon!
View attachment 189888

Surprise trips can be the best. Mind you, you both were aware of the trip.

Tony the Tigger

Too funny, Tu!

I think it's "close enough" to wear the birthday pin.

I toyed with the idea of coming back on Friday mainly for RoL. But I have some fixtures coming in for my store that day, and I really should be there. Driving home tonight or Friday morning.

Have a great time!! Monorails were working all day yesterday. (Jinx!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We have finished unpacking and Em is dozing....can't complain since she drove the entire way....here is the resort reveal:

IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_5603.JPG

IMG_5604.JPG

Appropriate to be in the 90s since Em is a 90s child. :)

Of course we did not get a refurbished room.
IMG_5605.JPG

But I am curious about these hooks behind the bathroom door....in all my stays at Pop Century I have never seen them....and they move up and down. Is the change in color supposed to mean something? Anyone know?
IMG_2996.JPG

Catch you soon from our first park. Any guesses where we will be going?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Too funny, Tu!

I think it's "close enough" to wear the birthday pin.

I toyed with the idea of coming back on Friday mainly for RoL. But I have some fixtures coming in for my store that day, and I really should be there. Driving home tonight or Friday morning.

Have a great time!! Monorails were working all day yesterday. (Jinx!)
Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should get a birthday pin. Let me know if you change your mind about Friday!
And I am fully confident the monorail will not be operating when we want to ride it. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom