Germany pavilion ride (?)

jhastings74

Original Poster
Hey all, I did my obligatory search in past threads and found no mention of this, so here goes:

While killing loads of time at work today, I came across the Wikipedia page for Epcot, clicked on all kinds of links, and came to one part that talked about a:

"Rhine River Cruise:

A cruise down Germany's most famous rivers -- the Rhine, the Tauber, the Ruhr and the Isar. Detailed miniatures of famous landmarks will also be seen, including one of the Cologne Cathedral. Planned for the Germany Pavilion at Epcot. The building that would have housed the ride is still visible at the Germany pavilion along with the ride entrance section."

I had never heard about this, but I am more curious about the 'building that would have housed the ride' still being visible, along with the entrance section.

Has anyone else seen that, or can share where that location is? (And I don't mean the location of the Germany Pavilion, for all you wise guys...lol)

Thanks.

The Empress Lilly

:brick:GAAA....I hate it when that happens...

Sorry guys, but thank you for steering me in the right direction.:eek:

(admins...you need to add a little 'embarrassed' emoticon for people like me...)

Edit: I DID IT AGAIN....found the 'embarassment' emoticon...time to just give up...
WDWmagic is a big site. I myself can sometimes not even find a thread that I read three days earlier, no matter how long I search. No need to be embarrassed. ;)

The River Rhine Cruise is high on my list of 'Oh Please! Oh Please!'.
World Showcase could really do with a few nice C and D tickets that are higher on adult joy and cultural wonder than on quick thrills.

jhastings74

Original Poster
WDWmagic is a big site. I myself can sometimes not even find a thread that I read three days earlier, no matter how long I search. No need to be embarrassed. ;)

The River Rhine Cruise is high on my list of 'Oh Please! Oh Please!'.
World Showcase could really do with a few nice C and D tickets that are higher on adult joy and cultural wonder than on quick thrills.

Thank you!:wave:

And I find it interesting that they kept the Maelstrom and cut the Rhine....I wonder how they decide between things like that...anyone have info on that specific topic?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep we all get lost here from time to time ;)

Rhine was cut in 1981; Maelstrom was Norweigen funded in 1988 :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom