George Lucas Mentions Star Tours Overhaul!

FigmentJedi

I had that idea already some of those like you had but with:
Tatooine(running into Tusken Raiders, the Sarlacc, a Bantha stampede and a Pod Race)
Naboo(The planet core with the sea monsters and stuff)
Hoth(ice caves and Wampas)
Mustafar(volcano planet in Episode 3)
Coruscant(flying car chase)
Endor(Update of the current film and making the Death Star the second one and the trench run into the run to the core)

imagineer boy

What I'm hoping for in a brand new rehab is brand new design ( the star speeder 3000s are a little dated looking ), better projectors, digital technology special effects images, the works. But, with a twist. I'm hoping for more in theater effects like smoke, and mayabe seats that vibrtate when ship is hit with laser blasts. I think they should also add windows on the side to give more of a sense that you are really surrounded and in the action. Perhaps random encounters can happen each trip. Like instead of comets, you land in an asteroid fiel and get attacked by the space worm like in TESB. They can't have the whole ride centered around the pod races because that's only one event in the whole movie series. You wanna keep the spirit of all the films in the ride. Not just one.

SirGoofy

imagineer boy said:
What I'm hoping for in a brand new rehab is brand new design ( the star speeder 3000s are a little dated looking ), better projectors, digital technology special effects images, the works. But, with a twist. I'm hoping for more in theater effects like smoke, and mayabe seats that vibrtate when ship is hit with laser blasts.

Yea same here. I would like to see Storm Rider-type simulators where parts of the vehicle get damaged and stuff like that.

I've also been thinking(dreaming in reality) of something even more grand. A Mission Space type simulator, except themed like the Millenium Falcon. There are 4 seats in the Falcon's Cockpit. Think about how cool that would be...But again it's just a dream.

tk421-sw

Total thread drift but heres me in my room-:D

picture0649ai.jpg

Pongo

tk421-sw said:
Total thread drift but heres me in my room-:D

That is OUT OF CONTROL.

But pretty cool.

You would not imagine how many "Luke, I Am Your Father"s I get, my name being Luke and all.

I used to be totally into Star Wars because of that.

But not anymore. :)

Sorry on my behalf for the thread drift also...

DisneyFreak529

I agree with some one the others, he is slow about these things. When he frist talked about making star Wars I-III it was in the early 90's and it took him a few years just to get the ball rolling. So you never know this might be 2-3 years from now. Just like some one else in this post said!

DisneyFreak529

tk421-sw!!! I LOVE YOUR ROOM!!
NOT ONLY ARE YOU GOOD AT UPDATES BUT YOUR A STAR WARS FAN!!
You are the bomb!!!! <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1016193", true); </SCRIPT>

Dayma

DarkMeasures said:
But I will definitly be happy if there is a re-do of the ride. (Star Tours is a ride that I am amazed that management has yet to decide to close. The WDW never seems to have a ride. I go during the week of christmas and there is still no line it seems).

No way would they close this ride with out Lucas's blessing. If you make him mad you are going to loose one of the largest markets in the world ( Star Wars ).

diddy_mouse

*in regards to Ryland's room*

"The force is strong with this one"

....so strong in fact that it has acted as a magnet and pulled all of the Star Wars merchandise in the known universe under one roof :D

(sorry for yet another thread drift)

Disneyfan1981

Hey Hey Hey. Nothing wrong with a Force sensitive Star Wars Fan. Lord knows I've spent enough money in Master Replicas Props to garner a psychological set of testing. So when I see these collectibles I see a fellow jedi.......or sith??? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom