George K to Replace Meg Crofton as WDW head in early 2013

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'd say if they wanted to divert attention, the DTD announcement would be just the thing.
It is supposed to be unveiled right about this time anyhow. How convenient....:)

(Assuming the good folks in those trailers behind AoA are finally ready to show us something...)

My gut keeps telling me there is nothing coming on the DD front ... that maybe that was chum in the waters that folks like us were supposed to pick up and run with ... only I don't have anything.

And if contractors were truly hired late in 2012, something would have leaked out by now.

Isn't @raven still around here? He was always on top of DD rumours.

Belowthesurface

That's so funny. You forget how little TWDC pays people ... even execs like Georgie K get far more compensation in the form of stock options than in actual salary.

Nikki Bryan salons were given the boot by Disney and now Disney owns the Cast salons.

They also raised the price of a haircut by $5.

"Thanks for you all you do Cast Members!"

AND

Raised prices in the vending machines.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Nikki Bryan salons were given the boot by Disney and now Disney owns the Cast salons.

AND

Not surprising. Disney is in such terrible financial shape. I don't know how Georgie and Andy will afford the payments on the Golden Oak estate (oh yeah ... they'll pay for it with cash ... nevermind!)

GymLeaderPhil

AND

Holmes fought tooth and nail to keep his private underground barber shop.

Funniest thing that happened with the Nikki Bryan departure was the abrupt closure of the Contemporary Salon since all of their staff decided that they we're going to be laid off that they should just all walk out during the holidays.

scpergj

That's so funny. You forget how little TWDC pays people ... even execs like Georgie K get far more compensation in the form of stock options than in actual salary.

Oh, I'm sure of that. Actually, doesn't surprise me at all. Wonder how their IT pays...

Lee

Adventurer
Ran across this in my archives today. Sort of a George K. blast from the past..

gk001.jpg

WDW1974

Original Poster
@Lee you are a publicity ... putting a letter from George K out when you know I have many docs from the man, but can't put them out because they're PRIVATE. You are awful ... just awful!:D

I am still wondering why Bob, Tom and Meg wrapped up a lovely dinner on the company at Cirticos (a hotel that George was Food and Beverage Manager at before becoming GM in 1990) with no Georgie in sight.

Maybe I should start a 'Where's Georgie K?' thread?

Genie of the Lamp

Ran across this in my archives today. Sort of a George K. blast from the past..

View attachment 28446

Wow that's cool, you were an EPCOT CM. Sweet! How long did you work there or are you still currently working there? What was it like working for George and the pres of Epcot at the time? If I were in George's shoes, I would make you prez of EPCOT and then after a year do an Executive swap and make you Prez of WDW if your willing to do it. You would make a great Prez and restore WDW to its once former glory (along with Mr.Spirit being co-Prez of WDW with you as well).

Lee

Adventurer
Wow that's cool, you were an EPCOT CM. Sweet! How long did you work there or are you still currently working there? What was it like working for George and the pres of Epcot at the time? If I were in George's shoes, I would make you prez of EPCOT and then after a year do an Executive swap and make you Prez of WDW if your willing to do it. You would make a great Prez and restore WDW to its once former glory (along with Mr.Spirit being co-Prez of WDW with you as well).
I wasn't a CM. I just have such documents lying around in my archives. ;)

As for the career path you mapped out...I'm in!
(And I think the job you had for Mr. Spirit would be that of my "Vice President".)

Genie of the Lamp

(And I think the job you had for Mr. Spirit would be that of my "Vice President".)

I just saw fellow cast member and thought that's what you were, sorry about that Lee.

wiggumon

I don't post very often but when I read the thread title the I read it as "George Takei to Replace Meg Crofton as WDW head in early 2013". Star Trek for the win!

WDW1974

Original Poster

While I might choose to be a Prez of Vice, I'd never be VP to a hillbilly!

I'm a born leader. Even Georgie K would agree with that!:D

SirLink

@Lee you are a publicity ... putting a letter from George K out when you know I have many docs from the man, but can't put them out because they're PRIVATE. You are awful ... just awful!:D

I am still wondering why Bob, Tom and Meg wrapped up a lovely dinner on the company at Cirticos (a hotel that George was Food and Beverage Manager at before becoming GM in 1990) with no Georgie in sight.

Maybe I should start a 'Where's Georgie K?' thread?

Maybe by distancing himself from those three, he can get more of the CMs to like him ... maybe he is regretting taking on WDW Black Hole...

asianway

What do they give them now? Six pack of beer? Wheres Travis?

WDW1974

Original Poster
What do they give them now? Six pack of beer? Wheres Travis?

Are we talking 'bout the kid who used to post here? He works at EPCOT and has no idea he met and loaded (not that way!) the Spirit onto SSE last month. Seemed friendly enough ... probably overdosed on Pixie Dust by now and living at the parks when he isn't working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom