George K to Replace Meg Crofton as WDW head in early 2013

WDW1974

Original Poster
I was gonna say....most people that actually work at WDW do not make nearly 50k, you seriously think they would pay you that go to play at Disney World all day?

Most people who work at WDW are very lucky if they make half that, but that's not the point.

Disney can certainly pay exec level people (and that's what we're talking 'bout) considerably more than 50K (I know kids in the real world who make that!) ... and even more if they brought on as consultants because Disney doesn't have to pay cast benefits like insurance, 401 K etc.

pheneix

She was a superb HR director who pushed for many backstage improvements for CMs.

The Company's biggest problem is that it runs itself like most corporations in America: they sell widgets and marketing schemes, not passion and purpose. Why wouldn't an entertainment company properly invest in its theme parks to keep paying customers entertained? Because it's too busy implementing shiny tech toys that track data.

Let's hope Carsland gets fully approved and that George signals a renaissance of leadership that actually understands its own product.

It is a shame that WDPR runs such margins that this $2 billion NextGen debacle is going to simply get washed away from cruise ship cash flow.

Disney should be on the receiving end of blockbuster shareholder lawsuits for mismanaging resources like this. Maybe after MyMagic+ goes live and es everyone off and guest spending drops another 20% someone will wake up.

EDIT: Was running a search for posts and this relatively old thread was in the results. Sorry for dragging out a dinosaur of a thread to make a reply!

G00fyDad

It is a shame that WDPR runs such margins that this $2 billion NextGen debacle is going to simply get washed away from cruise ship cash flow.

Its only a debacle to those that do not like it. ;)

EDIT: Was running a search for posts and this relatively old thread was in the results. Sorry for dragging out a dinosaur of a thread to make a reply!

At least you did a search. Kudos. Most people don't even bother with that. They just post a new thread to the boards that mirrors 500+ others. LOL

WDW1974

Original Poster

Disney should be on the receiving end of blockbuster shareholder lawsuits for mismanaging resources like this. Maybe after MyMagic+ goes live and es everyone off and guest spending drops another 20% someone will wake up.

Hey, let's not call the thread that announced to the fan community that Golden Boy Georgie K was coming home proudly (even if Disney won't let him do the interview with The Advocate) to run The Timeshare Kingdom of the World (now with more datamining than ever!) a dinosaur. ... It's not like it turned 26 today or anything!:D

Oh, but I agree with everything else you said!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Its only a debacle to those that do not like it. ;)

If a debacle happens and most folks are too ignorant to see it, does it happen at all?

At least you did a search. Kudos. Most people don't even bother with that. They just post a new thread to the boards that mirrors 500+ others. LOL

I love that. I saw someone earlier asking what Fastpass+ was. Sorry, you have to do some work for yourself. This isn't college.

sweetpee_1993

Not that I'm arguing that people don't post without taking a few moments to see if there's already been something posted about any particular topic, but it seems the News & Rumors section depends heavily upon highly conversational threads about particular subject matter. So, for example, let's say I happen to be curious what's the latest-n-greatest about the ongoing MM+ thing. I really reeeeaaaally don't have time (or patience) to sift thru dozens of pages of conversation to find any information. Searches bring you to the same threads but they're sooooo loooooong....I can't stay awake for days on end or dedicate numerous hours a day to keeping up. Just can't do it.

I guess I thought "News" was for enlightening people of recent events. Either there's nothing newsworthy to deserve their own headlines or everything's being lumped together in the same ol' threads that encompass those topics which results in the same threads sitting at the top of the News & Rumors day in, day out, week in, week out.

I love that. I saw someone earlier asking what Fastpass+ was. Sorry, you have to do some work for yourself. This isn't college.

Agreed. Should prob'ly do a little reading or other research before jumping in with something like that. But then again, is there a lot out there to read without sifting thru the 200+ page conversations as noted above? ((Haven't actually ran a search to see but I do wonder.....))

Nemo14

Yes, but when you do a search, it will direct you to a particular post, not an entire thread, so you won't need to read hundreds of pages.

sweetpee_1993

Yes, but when you do a search, it will direct you to a particular post, not an entire thread, so you won't need to read hundreds of pages.
My bad. So now there's hundreds of posts to read within the hundreds of pages of the same thread because the same key words got mentioned. Much of it is still conversational bits.

There's no easy solution. I just feel bad for people who get toasted for not "searching". That's not the ideal answer either.

Currently I'm clueless as to what the heck the latest and greatest is. No news must be just that: no news. LOL!

Nemo14

Considering the list of posts gives you an idea what the post is about (generally a good bit of the first sentence), I really don't see the problem with using the search - maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Goofyernmost

Your information is outdated. It was determined that GK living in Golden Oak would be a conflict of interest so he backed out and bought at Isleworth instead.
Damn...why wasn't I informed??? I'd have gone to Golden Oak frantically searching for George's adobe, only to find empty lots. Put me on a list someplace. I just can't have the gap in knowledge anymore. It's..It's just unacceptable. ;)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Your information is outdated. It was determined that GK living in Golden Oak would be a conflict of interest so he backed out and bought at Isleworth instead.

If you are correct, and I have no reason to think otherwise, then I'll suggest one of two possibilities as the REAL reason. One, them buying at Golden Oak was a publicity stunt for the company. Two, Andy (who is quite particular about things) decided he had no desire to live in the middle of a theme park/timeshare resort with neighbors who are only there for vacations.

There is no legit reason for any conflict of interest since Disney deannexed the land and isn't building the homes. Even if that were not the case, I can't think of any legit conflict here.

Tim_4

There is no legit reason for any conflict of interest since Disney deannexed the land and isn't building the homes. Even if that were not the case, I can't think of any legit conflict here.
The neighborhood is controlled by the Golden Oak Non-Residential Association. Disney has full control of the Non-Residential Association (either three fifths of the board of directors, or four sevenths, I forget). Therefore, Disney can make decisions concerning the neighborhood's management. Thus, GK could have potentially run into issues where his best interest as a homeowner was not in the best interest of the shareholders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom