General Star Wars News

Disstevefan1

Why does Bob Iger think this will help the Star Wars brand?

View attachment 761526
I have been thinking about this. In my opinion while this person is talented, in my opinion she is not a good fit for this job and the movie will most likely fail financially as it won’t bring enough folks to the box office to pay for its self.

On the other hand. In my opinion, this might be the best time to give this director and a all female Star Wars movie a try. Why? Because TWDC really has nothing to lose at this point with the Star Wars IP and who knows, maybe it will be good and I always remember, this movie is not made for me, it’s made to gain future fans for Star Wars.

In my opinion there will NEVER be blockbuster Star Wars movies like the originals of the 70s. They came at the right time with the right story and the rest is history.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
On the other hand. In my opinion, this might be the best time to give this director and an all female Star Wars movie a try. Why? Because TWDC really has nothing to lose at this point with the Star Wars IP and who knows, maybe it will be good and I always remember, this movie is not made for me, it’s made to gain future fans for Star Wars.

I agree that at this point Disney doesn't have anything but the dollars it will spend on this new movie and its marketing to lose.

jrice

I disagree whole heartedly. Star Wars is literally the #1 IP in the movie business. When Disney announced a new “Rey” movie during Star Wars celebration it got luke warm response. Those are your fans and they do not want it. Are these new fans going to buy the merchandise?

Disney must get this movie right so it can bring this franchise it back from the dead. We do not need an activist making these type of movies. We should be excited and not get a sales pitch by this director because it will essentially kill off most of the audience. This is depressing and Disney (KK) has not learned from their past mistakes. :(

Last edited:

Jedijax719

I disagree whole heartedly. Star Wars is literally the #1 IP in the movie business. When Disney announced a new “Rey” movie during Star Wars celebration it got luke warm response. Those are your fans and they do not want it. Are these new fans going to buy the merchandise?

Disney must get this movie right so it can bring this franchise it back from the dead. We do not need an activist making these type of movies. We should be excited and not get a sales pitch by this director because it will essentially kill off most of the audience. This is depressing and Disney (KK) has not learned from their past mistakes. :(
It's not Rey that yields the lukewarm response. It's the movies (that latter 2) that feature Rey. Had they come right out and said they were making movies about a New Jedi Order, I think the response would have been much much better. And I think as they get further along in the production, that's how they will probably angle marketing.

jrice

It's not Rey that yields the lukewarm response. It's the movies (that latter 2) that feature Rey. Had they come right out and said they were making movies about a New Jedi Order, I think the response would have been much much better. And I think as they get further along in the production, that's how they will probably angle marketing.
Yeah, I can see that view point as well. It is a bummer that Disney cannot give what the fans want. I am not against if they want to go another route but they can do both (I.e. What happened to Luke after ROTJ?).

Last edited:

Jedijax719

Yeah, I can see that view point as well. It is a bummer that Disney cannot give what the fans want. I am not against if they want to go another route but they can do both (I.e. What happened to Luke after ROTJ?).
And what is it exactly that fans want? Nobody knows, especially fans. That's the problem.

As far as Luke after ROTJ, they going to do that with the Filoni movie(s).

Mike S

The thing I’m most looking forward to about this movie is that its performance will show without a shadow of a doubt if the sequels actually made an impact despite the criticism which I gave more than my fair share of.

Will it be like the Prequels where it bounces back due to the people that were kids at the time that actually loved it, or is it going to be another bomb for Disney?

All I know is that I have no care to see it unless I hear absolutely STELLAR things about it. I only paid for a ticket to RoS out of morbid curiosity for how they would end the trilogy.

Phroobar

Mike S

“I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in joy, and were eternally grateful.”

Upcoming Rey ‘Star Wars’ Movie Delayed Indefinitely

Wouldn’t surprise me since I think they’ve canned more projects than they’ve made at this point.

I get in someways this is actually normal, but the difference is this stuff was announced publicly. THEN canned 🤣

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
“I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in joy, and were eternally grateful.”

Upcoming Rey ‘Star Wars’ Movie Delayed Indefinitely

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom