General Star Wars News

Wendy Pleakley

The lawsuit seems likely frivolous because studios are never obligated to keep an actor/character on a show. Their story can be ended at any time for creative reasons, and it's not the same as firing someone from a permanent job.

Disney perhaps should have just said the character is not part of future plans and not given further reason.

erasure fan1

The lawsuit seems likely frivolous because studios are never obligated to keep an actor/character on a show. Their story can be ended at any time for creative reasons, and it's not the same as firing someone from a permanent job.

Disney perhaps should have just said the character is not part of future plans and not given further reason.
I know they aren't obligated. But the one thing that could be a thorn in Disneys side is their mouth. It doesn't matter if they can get rid of the character whenever they want. You still need to be consistent. And they did publicly shame her for her comments and said that's why she's no longer there. Even that might not be enough though. But when they didn't axe Pedro for the same thing, now you've opened yourself up for trouble.

If they just played out season two, ignored the beep bop boop and her tweets. Then wrote her out of season 3, no harm. This moving to discovery shows that there is something to look at. Will it amount to anything? I'm not sure. I personally think it should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom