General news on Disney MGM

Goofster

Hmm, very interesting. That could be cool.

I really hope they do something with GMR now that they put up that hat, and I would have no problem with Indy taking it's place and it would probably be pretty cool.

In regards to disneydisney:

jazcatsnh didn't say anything about them taking out Sounds Dangerous. Read the post again.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by jazcatsnh
Note - We had one Fantasmic cancel on us halfway through (that stunk) since it started to rain. They will not start that show early for some stupid reason even when they are tracking weather so be prepared.

That stupid reason is performer safety. RAIN+FLORIDA= LIGHTNING. LIGHTNING+SORCERER MICKEY+WATER SHOW=BAD

disneydisney

Thanks Goofster. Well I wouldn't mind having Indy ride in the GMR(even though I would rather them just update it) but I think they should keep the Chinesse Theater. Or they could add Indy ride to MK (Adventureland) so they could go head and start working on Space Mnt. Thanks

Mattore

It's great to see rumors posted, and to keep discussion up, but I think its important to remember that things are *just rumors*. For example, the information about GMR is inaccurate. It will not be replaced by an Indiana Jones attraction. For the most part, cast members simply can not be relied upon for facutal information unless it is about their own areas. Cast members gossip/spread rumors all the time, and while sometimes they may happen to be correct, most of the time, they aren't. Very few people actually have access to information about the future of park attractions. I am sure many people know this, but sometimes it seems that, just because someone posts something here, everyone believes it (or at least many people do). Speculation is great, but as a general rule, that's what it is, and it should be treated that way. On that note, I will deem what I said about GMR not being replaced 'speculation', but having very close ties to the attraction, I can *almost* guarantee that it won't be going away soon. Please don't take offense to this, it wasn't directed only towards this post, but it seems that very often people are treating rumors as fact.

The Mom

Premium Member
Mattore, thank you for the reminder about rumors. I always treat things said on the forum with a little skepticism, except for marky professing his undying love for Ariel. ;)

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by marciahahn
Mattore, thank you for the reminder about rumors. I always treat things said on the forum with a little skepticism, except for marky professing his undying love for Ariel. ;)

I hate it when people take the "rumors" as the truth, as if Disney just sent out a press release. I've seen too many "cast member told me this" and people think its the final word. Trust me, just because some cast member said so, doesn't mean that it is true or is gonna happen.

markymark

Originally posted by marciahahn
.....except for marky professing his undying love for Ariel. ;)

Well there are some things that can't be denied!! ;)

I am still interested to know what the DL Indy ride is like though.

the ceo at wdw

The DL Indy ride is really awsome. When your riding Indy; you will notice 95 % of the ride is in a big building. You can see the other vehicles. Also when ur riding notice how every ride is diffrent. My favorite part of that ride was the bug room thing. If you ever ride it you'll see what i mean. Why would they bring Indy to GMR when the could bring it to animal kingdom? They could put it into one of the new sections they have being built. That would be more realistic then putting it into the GMR!!!! LOL let me know what u think ... thanx

justin

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by the ceo at wdw
The DL Indy ride is really awsome. When your riding Indy; you will notice 95 % of the ride is in a big building. You can see the other vehicles. Also when ur riding notice how every ride is diffrent. My favorite part of that ride was the bug room thing. If you ever ride it you'll see what i mean. Why would they bring Indy to GMR when the could bring it to animal kingdom? They could put it into one of the new sections they have being built. That would be more realistic then putting it into the GMR!!!! LOL let me know what u think ... thanx

justin

If the new section being built is Beastly Kingdom... how would it fit in there. I think it would be a lot better off at either MGM or Adventureland.

JAY-ROD

Steve

It started raining right away but the got all the way to the evil queen. She started her spiel and then nothing. Suddenly the lights came up in the arena, she walked off stage. They said nothing. About 10 minutes later as people were filling out they filling announced that do to inclement weather the rest of Fantasmic was cancelled.

Really should have announced it right away. Everyone had been there from 8 on or so and sitting in the rain for about 15-20 minutes of the show. As an aside they also dropped the Beast water float during the rain (Ariel and the Snow white one still went on) before everything stopped at the queen.

did this happen sunday. casue i was there and exactly the same thing happen t me.

Richy_roo

Indy

I really can't see them having an Indy Stunt show and an Indy Ride (the ride is excellent by the way)

the queuing area is brill, i scared some girls to death by pulling on the bamboo pole... (if you pardon the expression!!!!) ;)

WeirdOne

READ QUICKLY!

How many times to do I have to tell you WDW fanatics and rumor spreaders....IT's NOT CHANGING TO INDY! It's ONLY BEING "DISNEYISED"...Now someone tell me how many times I've said this...?

The WeirdOne :)

Debbie

Thanks for taking the time to give us the low down on MGM. True or not, it was very thoughful of you to take the time and tell us.

markymark

Re: READ QUICKLY!

Originally posted by WeirdOne
How many times to do I have to tell you WDW fanatics and rumor spreaders....IT's NOT CHANGING TO INDY! It's ONLY BEING "DISNEYISED"...Now someone tell me how many times I've said this...?

The WeirdOne :)

erm....... Once? :p

Kevin

Steve

It started raining right away but the got all the way to the evil queen. She started her spiel and then nothing. Suddenly the lights came up in the arena, she walked off stage. They said nothing. About 10 minutes later as people were filling out they filling announced that do to inclement weather the rest of Fantasmic was cancelled.

Really should have announced it right away. Everyone had been there from 8 on or so and sitting in the rain for about 15-20 minutes of the show. As an aside they also dropped the Beast water float during the rain (Ariel and the Snow white one still went on) before everything stopped at the queen.

I was there in the spring and the queen got stuck up on her platform and the platform wouldn't come down so the dragon couldn't come out and it was a mess. The music kept playing and the water turned to fire and Mickey came out to slay the dragon but there was no dragon and the queen was stuck way up on her platform. Finally, the lights came on and they made an annoucement that the show wasn't continueing "for the safety of our performers" and "due to technical difficulties". It kinda sucked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom