General Audiences

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
VENT TIME!

Ok, I work with this guy...we call him the "Great White Rhino" because he is, without a doubt, the most albino-est guy you've ever seen...with light red hair. Now, he's probably 6'-5" and 340-350lbs. (So you see why we call him the Great White Rhino...he actually looks a lot like Shrek, but very pale)

He's a Project Manager, like myself...although, I'm also 2nd in command when it comes to the Engineering. Now, he's the biggest delegator going...he'll sit there and push all of his work onto other people in the office...from engineering to paperwork...he'll even bring people with him to meetings just so they can take notes. (I know he does this so that he can point the finger if something goes wrong).

Well, since I'm the head of engineering for the next two weeks...he comes down to me and asks me to change some things and re-figure out some simple hole locations (very basic stuff). (This was last Wednesday afternoon). Now, it's not like I'm "twiddling my thumbs" over here...my plate is pretty full. I told him that I have about a week and a half of work left (just engineering) before I could even look at his stuff. He says, "Now, by week and a half...you mean the remainder of this week...and next?) I said, No Armand...tomorrow is Thanksgiving...and we're off for the rest of the week...

Now, today, one of the engineers from our other office emails me about these. HE HAS ALREADY DONE THEM! What the heck?!?!?! Come to find out, Armand knew about this back in August and is in such a "rush" to get these done. This guy caught the change back in late July and already made the necessary changes to them.

So...that's fine...now I don't have to do them.

Now, I walked past his office and he's on the phone with that same engineer...and I hear him pushing off some work to him. (Work that is definitely in HIS job description...one of the main aspects of it actually).

By the time I pass his office again...he's sitting playing Solitaire.

(He does nothing but:

1. Play Solitaire
2. Walk up and down the halls stopping at each office along the way and "chit-chatting" for 15-30 minutes on end...at each office.
3. Goes to lunch
4. Sleeps at his desk.
5. Goes home early.

(This is a daily basis...not just every now and then!)

To quote Office Space,
"I'd say, on a given day, I probably do about 15 minutes of actual work."

Oh yeah...best part about it...he's making well into the 6 figures.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Maybe you could give him my business card? My current profession would undoubtedly help him out in that department.

Unless you think he'll delegate someone to come tan for him... :lookaroun

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
My crush was definitely....................

So... whats the deal with the invisible plane? Did they still have to de-ice it? What about the blue "water" in the lavatory? Was that invisible to? :veryconfu

Something to ponder :lookaroun

DMC-12

I hope the snow is gone so you can fly out soon Jerry. :D

If my plane gets delayed.. I will be so utterly disgruntled... it will take 5 TSA agents to carry me off the plane, and another 5 to estinguish all the cigs I lit while on the plane while waiting on the runway for 2 hours. :lol: :lookaroun :eek:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
If my plane gets delayed.. I will be so utterly disgruntled... it will take 5 TSA agents to carry me off the plane, and another 5 to estinguish all the cigs I lit while on the plane while waiting on the runway for 2 hours. :lol: :lookaroun :eek:

Want me to drive out and help you pummel through the snow? :lol:

As for the invisible jet...it wasn't "invisible" it just had a reflective coating that made it look "invisible" The entire inside was normal :lookaroun

Kinda like the Aston Martin in the Bond movie...

(What?)

DMC-12

he comes down to me and asks me to change some things and re-figure out some simple hole locations (very basic stuff).

Sounds easy enough. Hah! :lol: :lookaroun :lookaroun

You said "locations" :lol: :lookaroun

Sorry about the slacker at work... the same thing happens to me a lot. But.. usually I just say I am too damned busy and that I will never get to their pet project they want me to do, or if I do get to it... it wont make the deadline. Which is true 9 out of 10 times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom