Gaston's Tavern

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Really!!?? a few beers have never ever ever ever led me to disorderness, bad parenting, abuse or neglect. You have to be kidding me. If I can drive a car legally with 3 beers I think people should be able to drink a few coldies on VACATION. I don't think there should be beer stands everywhere, but for god sake can we get some alcohol with dinner?

Sure, but just not in the Magic Kingdom......

disneyrcks

Really!!?? a few beers have never ever ever ever led me to disorderness, bad parenting, abuse or neglect. You have to be kidding me. If I can drive a car legally with 3 beers I think people should be able to drink a few coldies on VACATION. I don't think there should be beer stands everywhere, but for god sake can we get some alcohol with dinner?

I think he was joking....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Aw...c'mon...why not?

And don't say that's the way Walt wanted it, as we all know better than that.

Honestly, it's for the most part (save those private events), always been a dry park. If someone needs a drink, the monorail resorts, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness all provide possibilities. I have yet to see a huge groundswell for alcohol in this one park, and with all of the other options available, just don't really see the need....

Pioneer Hall

Honestly, it's for the most part (save those private events), always been a dry park. If someone needs a drink, the monorail resorts, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness all provide possibilities. I have yet to see a huge groundswell for alcohol in this one park, and with all of the other options available, just don't really see the need....

The only downside I see to the lack of Alcohol is that it prevents them from having a true signature restaurant in the park. Without a wine list you can't have a top tier restaurant, and I think that the MK could really do some great stuff if given the opportunity.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

But we both know that just because "that's the way it's always been done" doesn't necessarily make it the correct way to do something.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The only downside I see to the lack of Alcohol is that it prevents them from having a true signature restaurant in the park. Without a wine list you can't have a top tier restaurant, and I think that the MK could really do some great stuff if given the opportunity.

But we both know that just because "that's the way it's always been done" doesn't necessarily make it the correct way to do something.

Perhaps not, but there's also plenty of other locations for those dining experiences....

That's true. But change for change's sake isn't always the best approach to take either.

Again, they may introduce it with Gaston's. I just don't see an overwhelming hue and cry for it in MK.....

unkadug

Perhaps not, but there's also plenty of other locations for those dining experiences....

That's true. But change for change's sake isn't always the best approach to take either.

Again, they may introduce it with Gaston's. I just don't see an overwhelming hue and cry for it in MK.....

Perhaps not, so if they just start serving wine without any fanfare, most people will probably never know any difference. I'm certainly not advocating beer carts either, but I just see no reason to keep all alcohol out of the park for no reason other that's the way it's always been.

Scuttle

Exactlly what I was trying to say. If people want to get drunk and go to the MK nothing is stopping them, so I don't see the issue. I am telling you beer and wine at nice table service restaurants would not change a damn thing.

Prototype82

don't you all know that there is no place for alcohol in WDW and it's a blasphamy that it's even allowed in the other parks! Why on earth would they sell alcoholic beverages and promote drunken disorderness, bad parenting, and abuse and neglect in a children's venue! Disney should be ashamed!
Hey, in case you didn't know, it's a venue for ALL AGES. And if you're saying it's blasphemy to have it in World Showcase, you're being ridiculous.

and if you were being sarcastic...ignore the above...It's just that we've encountered plenty of people saying that on a serious note... xD

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think you may have missed my point? I was saying that I dont
a) care if I was surrounded by drunk obnoxious people (as I have most likely been one of them from time to time, hopefully not too obnoxious :lookaroun)
b) think that there are obnoxious people everywhere, drunk or not.

I have no problem with alcohol being served everywhere, as I enjoy having an adult beverage when on vacation from time to time. Some folks seem to have issue that the MK is the most family friendly park and thus should not have alcohol served to limit the number of drunks. They typically point to the folks who like to "drink around the world" at Epcot, tend to be loud, swear more frequently, and generally tend to be what some would consider more obnoxious. As someone who typically uses swear words as a second language, it doesn't bother me, but I can understand why it would some.

My point was DHS serves and you never hear of complaints about people at that park wrt to alchohol. So the point is, its not the presence of alchohol that creates the problem - it's the environment and the people.

Drinking from all the different styles in EPCOT has become a bit of game.. and the environment leads to the excess. DHS serves alchohol all over.. and has virtually no visible complaints. It proves that EPCOT is different - not the norm.

erasure fan1

Im not a drinker so I have no need or want for alcohol in the MK. With that said, I do not have a problem with them offering it at table service meals. Like most others have said, I dont want to see beer carts but table service is fine.

castevens

I couldn't care less either way. If it was there, I would drink it, if it is not there, I would wait until I go to EPCOT the next day...

My point was DHS serves and you never hear of complaints about people at that park wrt to alchohol. So the point is, its not the presence of alchohol that creates the problem - it's the environment and the people.

Drinking from all the different styles in EPCOT has become a bit of game.. and the environment leads to the excess. DHS serves alchohol all over.. and has virtually no visible complaints. It proves that EPCOT is different - not the norm.

I never noticed any issues at DHS until Star Wars weekend. There were a LOT of drunk people coming over on the boat from Epcot, but then again, that kind of makes your point about Epcot being a different environment.

AEfx

So, besides the "I need more places to get buzzed!" crowd, anyone want to talk about the actual subject? ;)

I'm wondering what kind of food they will have. I'm presuming it won't be burgers/fries since that's already well covered at the MK. Have I missed something, or have they not revealed any overall theme for the food yet?

VMKingdom

I like many thousands others in this thread don't see why the name Gaston's Tavern is any different from Tortuga Tavern and Liberty Tree Tavern. We get that a tavern is a place to have a drink but Disney has a habit of naming things something they aren't. Those aren't 3 real mountains ya know. :ROFLOL:

As for the tangent of drinking in MK, if they never served alcohol in the MK, I'm okay with it. If they did start serving it, I just want it restaurants per se. The argument that DHS doesn't have problems with stumbling drunks isn't really a valid comparison. Nobody stays in DHS past a half day. :D Just kidding. But really, they crowd numbers aren't comparable and DHS has much wider walkways. The only problem I see is some drunk trying to get through Fantasyland to get to Liberty Square. That walkway is crowded enough as it is. I don't mean that because I drink means I'm gonna get belligerent. It must means that if you are a little drunk, you are less aware and might stumble more. Unless you are my mother-in-law. What a woman!

Personally, I love the atmosphere at night at EPCOT. I've drunk my way around the world more times than I could remember. I will back up another assertion: the past two Food & Wine Festivals have been the worst I've ever witnessed in regards to belligerent drunks. One night was truly like 10 frat parties showed up. It was nuts. Nobody at Disney wants that either..

I do think that if and when alcohol sales starts at the MK, I think they should try them out in restaurants first: just beer and wine. haha I don't want to see people doing Jaeger shots though. hahaha that's what City Walk is for. Ahh the memories. :)

erasure fan1

So, besides the "I need more places to get buzzed!" crowd, anyone want to talk about the actual subject? ;)

I'm wondering what kind of food they will have. I'm presuming it won't be burgers/fries since that's already well covered at the MK. Have I missed something, or have they not revealed any overall theme for the food yet?

I hope its not burgers either. Thats why we really like the Columbia harbor house, its not burgers, its a little different. As I said earlier, I dont drink so I dont really care about the alcohol side of this but the food theme, that im concerned about.

unkadug

There is a major difference in having a glass of wine with dinner and the need to get a 'buzz'.

I think the whole discussion IS about the menu.

If they are planning on selling pizza and hotdogs there would certainly be no need for wine/beer...but if there are plans on serving more than your typical amusement park food fare then a few ADULT options should not be anathema.

There is a small probability that anyone would catch a "buzz" from having a glass of wine or a beer with their lunch/dinner. How many people that would want to get drunk in the MK would be able to afford to stay in one Tavern in Fantasyland to archive that goal?

The few that do manage that task, how much would that affect your visit any more than the few that have already achieved that goal elsewhere.

I just don't see this being an issue except for the holier than thou Southern Baptists that think their shiot don't stink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom