Gaston's Tavern

flynnibus

Premium Member
I agree. If you dont want overly drunk people, you can probably reduce the number of folks by keeping it only at TS restaurants. No beer/wine stands and not at QS meals. If you are paying for a sit down dinner, have alcoholic drinks available. For the most part, with this, you would not end up with a lot of drunken folks stumbling around.
Of course, I have no real problem with drunken people stumbling around either. I think that there are plenty of rude, obnoxious, badly behaved people at the parks now without requiring alcohol to be that way.

Do you feel you are surrounded by rude, obnoxious, badly behaved people due to alcohol at DHS? Or do you see lots of drunken people stumbling around?

DHS has beer served virtually everywhere, including counter service, carts, etc and it doesn't cause problems and doesn't stroke anyone's feelings about alcohol in the parks.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Do you feel you are surrounded by rude, obnoxious, badly behaved people due to alcohol at DHS? Or do you see lots of drunken people stumbling around?

DHS has beer served virtually everywhere, including counter service, carts, etc and it doesn't cause problems and doesn't stroke anyone's feelings about alcohol in the parks.

I think you may have missed my point? I was saying that I dont
a) care if I was surrounded by drunk obnoxious people (as I have most likely been one of them from time to time, hopefully not too obnoxious :lookaroun)
b) think that there are obnoxious people everywhere, drunk or not.

I have no problem with alcohol being served everywhere, as I enjoy having an adult beverage when on vacation from time to time. Some folks seem to have issue that the MK is the most family friendly park and thus should not have alcohol served to limit the number of drunks. They typically point to the folks who like to "drink around the world" at Epcot, tend to be loud, swear more frequently, and generally tend to be what some would consider more obnoxious. As someone who typically uses swear words as a second language, it doesn't bother me, but I can understand why it would some.

My point was mostly that a-holes are a-holes, with or without alcohol, and secondly, if it truly was a concern of those running the MK to limit the number of drunks around the elevated number of kiddies, there would be ways to do it and still have alcohol available. :shrug:

RSoxNo1

I think the biggest problem is drinking in Epcot simply because people view Drinking around the World as a reason to go to the park. If people are waiting in line for an attraction they're less likely to be drinking but the environment of World Showcase is very conducive to getting drunk.

ryanduggers

I don't get the big deal, keeping the MK dry hasn't scared them away for 40 years. I don't have anything against alcohol, but there is a time & place for it. Does MK have to be one of them? Would you want to be in the back seat of Space Mountain with someone in front drunk and needing to puke?

keep it dry...

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I don't get the big deal, keeping the MK dry hasn't scared them away for 40 years. I don't have anything against alcohol, but there is a time & place for it. Does MK have to be one of them? Would you want to be in the back seat of Space Mountain with someone in front drunk and needing to puke?

keep it dry...

As someone already pointed out, it doesn't seem to be a big enough problem at DHS, which has many more rides bound to bring out the old puke factor and serves alcohol...

And yes there is a time and place for alcohol, and for me, one of those times is "when I'm on vacation".

It does not ruin my experience when I'm at the MK to not have anything alcoholic to drink. The ability to have a beer or wine with dinner, if they were to ever upgrade one of their dining establishments to a nicer meal, would be welcomed by me. And let's be honest, on some of those ultra hot summer days, a cold beer wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

devoy1701

don't you all know that there is no place for alcohol in WDW and it's a blasphamy that it's even allowed in the other parks! Why on earth would they sell alcoholic beverages and promote drunken disorderness, bad parenting, and abuse and neglect in a children's venue! Disney should be ashamed!

AEfx

keep it dry...

Yeah, I feel similarly.

If it ain't broke...

If someone really needs a drink, hop on a monorail and go get sloshed, LOL.

ABigBrassBand

I think Walt would spin in his grave if people "Drank the Kingdom" like they do at Epcot

Oh dear, THIS topic again. To be honest, you don't know what Walt would think, and since he was a respectable man who was able to handle things maturely, I don't think he would care; we actually discussed drinks in Disney on the podcast (in sig) last night, and it's all part of the culture.

danpam1024

Original Poster
This thread got WAY OFF TOPIC. and went far from what it was intended. For those who don't drink, by all means DON'T DRINK! And WWWD? Walt drank, if I do recall:drevil:

juniorthomas

keep it dry...

If people behave responsibly, and it's well controlled, that's fine. CMs will have to profile guests so as to prevent any outwardly drunk people from going on rides, but you would have to guess that at some point someone has thrown up on a ride WITHOUT any alcohol involved.

ariel90

If I had to picture Gaston's any way it would be with picture of Gaston and his buds on hunting trips with antlers all over, and maybe some type of work out equipment with just randomly there because I mean someone that conceited would work out anytime anyplace. Maybe the menu would have burgers of all types with different types of meat, I would really like venison, and maybe some interesting choices for salad. However I am torn when it comes to alcohol in Gaston's MK is so awesome it does not need it but after all Gaston does love beer.

juniorthomas

If I had to picture Gaston's any way it would be with picture of Gaston and his buds on hunting trips with antlers all over, and maybe some type of work out equipment with just randomly there because I mean someone that conceited would work out anytime anyplace. Maybe the menu would have burgers of all types with different types of meat, I would really like venison, and maybe some interesting choices for salad. However I am torn when it comes to alcohol in Gaston's MK is so awesome it does not need it but after all Gaston does love beer.

It certainly does scream a lively atmosphere, at least. Wonder if they're going to give it a stage so there can be shows, to at least give it that boisterous feel. Hopefully it wont just be a sit down restaurant that sells those "turkey" legs.

Scuttle

don't you all know that there is no place for alcohol in WDW and it's a blasphamy that it's even allowed in the other parks! Why on earth would they sell alcoholic beverages and promote drunken disorderness, bad parenting, and abuse and neglect in a children's venue! Disney should be ashamed!

Really!!?? a few beers have never ever ever ever led me to disorderness, bad parenting, abuse or neglect. You have to be kidding me. If I can drive a car legally with 3 beers I think people should be able to drink a few coldies on VACATION. I don't think there should be beer stands everywhere, but for god sake can we get some alcohol with dinner?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom