Gaston's Tavern

AEfx

unkadug - It was a joke. :) Hence the wink.

Although, as someone that doesn't drink (I just don't care for the taste of it personally, there are other things I'd rather do to relax) it is odd to me how alcohol-centric even people without a "problem" tend to view a lot things. It's just a different way of thinking, because it doesn't cross my mind yet for some people it's one of the first things they think about. Just like a lot of people don't notice that you can't find a drop of Pepsi in Disney (even in the convenience stores), yet I notice immediately (and thought I was crazy once that I couldn't find it in Hess as I had never heard of a store not carrying both).

I don't understand consuming an alcoholic beverage and not wanting to get a "buzz" - because otherwise what's the point, LOL, as I can't imagine most people actually like the taste - but that's something I'm never going to get, I'm afraid. ;)

I hope its not burgers either. Thats why we really like the Columbia harbor house, its not burgers, its a little different.

I thought my mom was gonna cry out of happiness at the fact they had a nice Tuna Salad sandwich there instead of the fast food everywhere else. ;)

It would be nice to get something a little different, just not way-out-there like the Noodle thing (and yes, that was way out there - hot cups of noodles to tourists in the Florida sun was just a dumb idea, LOL).

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I don't understand consuming an alcoholic beverage and not wanting to get a "buzz" - because otherwise what's the point, LOL, as I can't imagine most people actually like the taste - but that's something I'm never going to get, I'm afraid. ;)

That is like say why drink anything else on Earth if you do not get a buzz. You drink tea, coke, water, lemonade, etc because you like it. Wine or beer can accent a type a food in a manner that a standard drink cannot. It is about the flavor not the content. People who drink to get lit most of the time could careless about the quality and flavor. People who are drinking for flavor and body could careless if they get the slightest buzz.

AEfx

That is like say why drink anything else on Earth if you do not get a buzz. You drink tea, coke, water, lemonade, etc because you like it. Wine or beer can accent a type a food in a manner that a standard drink cannot. It is about the flavor not the content. People who drink to get lit most of the time could careless about the quality and flavor. People who are drinking for flavor and body could careless if they get the slightest buzz.

Like I said, it's something I'll likely never understand.

I can't think of a way to ruin a mouthful of food with the "accent" of beer or wine - it would make me gag, especially beer which I cannot discern from urine aside from the fizz - but I completely acknowledge it's my own personal taste.

I just find it very interesting the perception of people who do drink is vs. those who don't, just like I compared above how most people probably don't notice that Pepsi is nowhere to be found for sale on Disney property. Although not specifically here, I don't think some people, even those "without a problem", realize how much of a consideration alcohol is to them in social and recreational settings.

To be honest, I couldn't care less what people consume, if that's what they want/need, go for it; it's the smell that keeps me out of areas with beer carts and such at Epcot or Universal. It smells like someone had a large accident in their pants, LOL. So I just avoid those areas.

RSoxNo1

Like I said, it's something I'll likely never understand.

I can't think of a way to ruin a mouthful of food with the "accent" of beer or wine - it would make me gag, especially beer which I cannot discern from urine aside from the fizz - but I completely acknowledge it's my own personal taste.

I just find it very interesting the perception of people who do drink is vs. those who don't, just like I compared above how most people probably don't notice that Pepsi is nowhere to be found for sale on Disney property. Although not specifically here, I don't think some people, even those "without a problem", realize how much of a consideration alcohol is to them in social and recreational settings.

To be honest, I couldn't care less what people consume, if that's what they want/need, go for it; it's the smell that keeps me out of areas with beer carts and such at Epcot or Universal. It smells like someone had a large accident in their pants, LOL. So I just avoid those areas.

Can us teetotalers start our own subsection of this forum?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
it's the smell that keeps me out of areas with beer carts and such at Epcot or Universal. It smells like someone had a large accident in their pants, LOL. So I just avoid those areas.

:ROFLOL:

Are you implying people are peeing all over the park? or that beer itself smells like urine? :lol:

dreamfinder

I'm wondering what kind of food they will have. I'm presuming it won't be burgers/fries since that's already well covered at the MK. Have I missed something, or have they not revealed any overall theme for the food yet?

Massive turkey legs, raw eggs by the dozen to help you get large. That type of meal is definitely overlooked at MK right now. Protein protein protein. Tub of protein mix with every kids meal order.

I could definitely see if being like the food you would get at a ren fair or the like. Lots of stuff you eat with your hands, not much for the herbivores among us.

flynnibus

Premium Member
unkadug - It was a joke. :) Hence the wink.

Although, as someone that doesn't drink (I just don't care for the taste of it personally, there are other things I'd rather do to relax).

you need to find some more different drinks.. especially in the wine or mixed variety. Most of those are drank for their taste, not their alcohol content. Even really basic ones can be fab.. like try to some stoli rasberry vodka in sprite. I stay away from the drinks that mix food and drink.. but others will swear by their mohitos, etc. Try a frozen drink from fat tuesdays sometime :)

I can't think of a way to ruin a mouthful of food with the "accent" of beer or wine - it would make me gag, especially beer which I cannot discern from urine aside from the fizz - but I completely acknowledge it's my own personal taste

Probably just something you haven't been properly exposed to. For fine dining, the accompanying drink is very much part of the food experience.. and people do take very seriously how the different drinks enhance or clash with the food. Some really enhance fatty foods, etc.

There is certainly an element of refinement to it. Most don't bother, but it is there for the serious types. I mean at the basic levels... the 'red or white?' question is very much based on the food being served.

ICE11720

Craft beer/wine should be served wherever in the world IMO. Beer/wine pairing dinners are absolutely amazing. Wether you like to drink or not isn't the point in this convo. Its simply the word Tavern - A tavern is a place of business where people gather to drink alcoholic beverages and be served food, and in some cases, where travelers receive lodging (which ends up being called an Inn).

Either way last time I checked this was America...

People should have the choice to do whatever, if your an idiot regardless of your drinking or not, you should be ejected as to not interfere with other peoples freedoms.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Craft beer/wine should be served wherever in the world IMO. Beer/wine pairing dinners are absolutely amazing. Wether you like to drink or not isn't the point in this convo. Its simply the word Tavern - A tavern is a place of business where people gather to drink alcoholic beverages and be served food, and in some cases, where travelers receive lodging (which ends up being called an Inn).

People should have the choice to do whatever, if your an idiot regardless of your drinking or not, you should be ejected as to not interfere with other peoples freedoms.

The word tavern has little to do with the fact that this one restaurant (or any other in MK with "tavern" or "inn" as part of the title) serves alcohol or not. MK, as it currently stands, is a "dry" park. Whether that changes or not is up for debate, but the one word in the name of the establishment will have little bearing on that decision....

Same for the fact that "this is America," however that is relevant....

AEfx

Probably just something you haven't been properly exposed to. For fine dining, the accompanying drink is very much part of the food experience.. and people do take very seriously how the different drinks enhance or clash with the food. Some really enhance fatty foods, etc.

There is certainly an element of refinement to it. Most don't bother, but it is there for the serious types. I mean at the basic levels... the 'red or white?' question is very much based on the food being served.

Oh, I've definitely been around fine dining and such. I know the basics as well, I have a lot of friends who drink, are foodies, or wine loves. I've sampled just about everything, and I've yet to find anything that really tastes good to me. :shrug:

The only thing I close to liked as a drink is a Purple Hooter (sometimes called Purple Crush) which is made with Chambord and Vodka, I believe - and only because when properly made it tastes like grape juice. But since it tastes like Grape Juice...I found little point, LOL. I'm the type of guy when someone is making Mimosas I just ask for a plain glass of OJ. I know, I'm weird. :)

AEfx

People should have the choice to do whatever.

That's the exact argument for the opposite side.

This is America, and Walt Disney World is private property and they can choose to serve whatever they wish. As this is America, and I cannot get a Diet Pepsi served to me on Disney Property, because Disney chose not to carry those brands (even in the Hess stores!!) so I am not able to buy it there.

You might as well complain that the local library doesn't have a liquor license. ;)

disney magic 06

I can't see any point in MK being a dry park when alcohol abounds at all the others. I COULD see the point at the water parks, but there's plenty of bars there. I don't think I've been to any other dry theme park. Even if, like Disneyland Paris, alcohol was served only with food that would be something. Maybe at a tavern..................:p

Hello Friends,

Gaston's Tavern is NOT going to be just a place to get beer. In fact Gaston's Tavern will most likely have the following items to purchase:

Guiness Beer
Vodka
Hot Pretzels
Various Cookies
Crepes
Fudge
Fruit
Wine

They all seem very good. Just a quick reminder that part of the new Fantasyland Expansion is set to open in 2012.

Have a Magical Day!

-Disneyroks
WDW Imagineer

Jakester

Since its a Tavern, serve alcohol in the Fantasyland. Imagine of all places to get alcohol you can get it in fantasyland

(Suppose to be a joke)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom