Gaston's Tavern

suechris2

last week

I was told by a cast memeber in Magic Kingdom last week that there is a rumor that Gastons Tavern could be the first to serve beer in Magic Kingdom. This cast member did say though that it's just a rumor.

Scuttle

Same, I especially agree with serving wine in the table-service restaurants. Tony's and Royal Table in particular.

That's true as well. Atleast let me get a good glass of wine or a good glass of beer at a nice dinner. Maybe not liquor i can would understand that, but atleast beer and wine at table service restaurants. I also don't want to hear that all the little kids go to MK. That's complete b/s I see kids of all ages at every park

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I for one think that now is the time to make a change at the Magic Kingdom. I see no problem with beer, wine, etc. when ordering food at dinner. It will not be the first time that it has been served in the Magic Kingdom, private parties can get it now.

baymenxpac

I for one think that now is the time to make a change at the Magic Kingdom. I see no problem with beer, wine, etc. when ordering food at dinner. It will not be the first time that it has been served in the Magic Kingdom, private parties can get it now.

yeah i'm actually going to agree. i wasn't in favor of it at first, but after reading through some of the debate, it changed my mind. what's the harm? gaston's and be our guest is the perfect excuse to test it out. see where it goes from there.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

I agree. If you dont want overly drunk people, you can probably reduce the number of folks by keeping it only at TS restaurants. No beer/wine stands and not at QS meals. If you are paying for a sit down dinner, have alcoholic drinks available. For the most part, with this, you would not end up with a lot of drunken folks stumbling around.
Of course, I have no real problem with drunken people stumbling around either. I think that there are plenty of rude, obnoxious, badly behaved people at the parks now without requiring alcohol to be that way.

glennatwell1

Then you have a problem

But it's the only way I can deal with little Susie for 13 straight hours!

If you have to have alcohol to deal with a half day with your own child then your issues with alcohol run deeper than can be discussed on this forum.

MK is driven toward the children and the children at heart. Neither of these should have alcohol as their driving pursuit while in that park.

And yes I have seen people obliterated at each of the other parks!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Considering the availability of alcohol in proximity to MK, keeping it dry isn't the worst thing in the world. And as for the "private party" argument, their paying for the privilege doesn't translate to a change in the policy of the parks.

Admiral01

Premium Member
If you have to have alcohol to deal with a half day with your own child then your issues with alcohol run deeper than can be discussed on this forum.

MK is driven toward the children and the children at heart. Neither of these should have alcohol as their driving pursuit while in that park.

The park is geared toward "children of all ages." I agree, if you NEED alcohol to deal with your children you may have larger issues, but that isn't a reason to deny the rest of us, like those of us with NO kids but who still frequent the park, to have a drink with a meal. It works at EPCOT, DHS, DAK, and DCA - and it isn't the driving pursuit while in those parks (save perhaps for the Food and Wine festivals at EPCOT and DCA). It doesn't mean that every adult at MK will suddenly become an alcoholic and/or get hammered.

NoChesterHester

I've seen a lot of people act like jerks at the parks when there was no alcohol involved. I've seen misbehaven horrible children and impatient ingrates every time I visit as well.

Just because it can and will happen, doesn't mean it needs to be forbidden for the rest of us that like to have a beer with dinner on my multi-thousand dollar vacation.

Thrill Seeker

Geee.... let me think....

Ummm How 'bout NOOO!

Going to one park or another is not decided on because of a premium cream soda, at a premium price, is given a literary nick-name.

It's a bit more than that... If you are a Potter fan, nothing would delight you more than a Butterbeer...

castevens

I have no children. It was a joke. Wow.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Interesting thoughts and crazy blanket judgements in this thread.

Here is my take. And this is coming from a craft brew dork, and someone who rarely, if ever does not have a glass of wine with a nice meal.

The MK should stay a MOSTLY dry park. No beer carts, or restaurant lobby bars. But as many people, Evan especially have said, you should be able to have a nice glass of wine at dinner. The MK currently offers zero restaurants that can be considered Signature because of this fact.

Now, I guess MK does not need a Sig dining experience. The monorail hotels offer a plethora of choices for the foodie in us all.

So, my vote would be to either keep it dry, or only serve wine or beer at sig dining restaurants.

ryanduggers

The most pleasant spot on the Jersey shore is Ocean City, and it is a DRY town. That is why we stay away from the other beaches, as do many other people.

bgraham34

Its not my kid that would cause me to drink it would be going with my parents. That being said I don't need it in the MK I have it in Epcot, that makes it much more fun.

baymenxpac

Why would Gaston's Tavern serve beer when Tortuga Tavern and Liberty Tree Tavern don't?

very fair point. no matter what they decide, i do think that gaston's gives disney the opportunity to get creative and come up with their own butterbeer-type non-alcoholic signature drink. it seems to make way too much sense not to.

RSoxNo1

very fair point. no matter what they decide, i do think that gaston's gives disney the opportunity to get creative and come up with their own butterbeer-type non-alcoholic signature drink. it seems to make way too much sense not to.

I think these unique food/drink offerings are more likely coming to Carsland in DCA.

Penelope

I like the idea of the tavern having a unique drink though - I think some of the above posts about a unique root beer would be good. Ultimately I am excited for this "tavern" regardless of what drinks are there just to be a part of its ambience. Gaston singing in the tavern is probably in my top 10 favorite moments of Disney animation. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom