Gaston's Tavern

po1998

WDW has many reasons to try and come up with a "response" to WWOHP, butterbeer is not one of them.

Is anyone contemplating going to Universal instead of WDW because of butterbeer?

:shrug:

MKCP 1985

WDW has many reasons to try and come up with a "response" to WWOHP, butterbeer is not one of them.

Is anyone contemplating going to Universal instead of WDW because of butterbeer?

:shrug:

Actually, yes. Many many people have contemplated taking a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to see ALL of its unique offerings, butterbeer and pumpkin juice included. Personally, I cut my last Disney trip short a day and skipped the Animal Kingdom park in order to give a full day to the Islands of Adventure park, and don't regret it for a moment.

Coming up with something new and unique for Gaston's Tavern instead of serving the same old selection of soda and tea would be something to make the unveiling of the Fantasyland expansion even more anticipated.

I don't know if Disney has any plans in this regard, but hope they do.

ChrisM

No, I mean hammered. People have asked me where they can get absolutely slobbering drunk. Sometimes they ask me where they can get a beer, sometimes they literally ask where in the MK can they go to get wasted. It does happen, and people do ask with their kids with them.

That's both pathetic and hilarious.

danpam1024

Original Poster
As my origional post stated, this was not supposed to be a discussion about "alcohol" and some peolples lack of self control or whether or not mk should serve...just about what a dry tavern would serve.:brick:. If people want to be wasted at the happiest place on Earth, they will find a way

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As my origional post stated, this was not supposed to be a discussion about "alcohol" and some peolples lack of self control or whether or not mk should serve...just about what a dry tavern would serve.:brick:. If people want to be wasted at the happiest place on Earth, they will find a way

Well, unfortunately you asked about a "dry" tavern. The thread just sort of took its natural course. But the bottom line is that MK will probably never serve alcohol, and Gaston's won't be the first establishment to have the word "tavern" in its name and not serve alcohol.

That being said, I'm sure they'll come up with some special concoction for Gaston's, like Cinderella's Royal Table did with its Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Brew....

Rob562

There used to be Hook's Tavern in FL for several years and many people tried to get a beer and were always disappointed.

Not to mention the Mile Long Bar that was eventually absorbed by Pecos Bill's next door...
Or the "Saloon" in Liberty Square/Fronteirland.

-Rob

MotherOfBirds

Just because the park is dry doesn't mean the guests are always...

I would hope that MK wouldn't try to create their own butterbeer knockoff. We certainly don't need something to legitimize this growing idea that Uni and TDO are in some kind of rabid competition with each other. No need to fan those flames.

Thrill Seeker

Liberty Tree Tavern is still there too...

Yeah, it's not going to be quite as awesome to go to Gaston's and not order a beer, but hey, if that's how it's gonna be than so be it.

Butterbeer is the most awesome thing to be called awesome.

FlaMel

Butter Beer is part of the Harry Potter story. There isn't a drink, libation or potion specifically made famous in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.:shrug:, right?

fireworkz

Butter Beer is part of the Harry Potter story. There isn't a drink, libation or potion specifically made famous in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.:shrug:, right?

No but that doesn't stop Disney from possibly coming up with something new that could potentially become as famous. Everyone raves about Butterbeer, but how many of us also need a Dole Whip Float on an Orlando trip? (Okay not an original or themed drink, but we all still flock to it!)

And why limit it to B&B? Being in Fantasyland Forest "Neighborhood" they could come up with a pile of themed drinks. A Queen's Brew Drink (Snow White) is the easiest example I can think of. (Although why do I picture a love it or hate it drink based on Beverly soda for this one?)

fireworkz

Maybe they'll do "Gaston's 5 Doz. Eggs" served in a huge stein :lol:
......And wth is an egg cream?

It's an old Soda Fountain drink of chocolate syrup, milk, and soda water. It actually has no eggs. That could actually work as a replacement for Gaston's Egg Drink.

The other thing we're overlooking here - food. Seeing Gaston is a hunter, I'm picturing Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Turkey Legs, maybe bite size Rib-lets.

RSoxNo1

It's an old Soda Fountain drink of chocolate syrup, milk, and soda water. It actually has no eggs. That could actually work as a replacement for Gaston's Egg Drink.

The other thing we're overlooking here - food. Seeing Gaston is a hunter, I'm picturing Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Turkey Legs, maybe bite size Rib-lets.

What about the McRib?

MotherOfBirds

I don't think there is any actual meat in the McRib. I think it's mostly snouts and entrails.

drool.gif

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually, yes. Many many people have contemplated taking a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to see ALL of its unique offerings, butterbeer and pumpkin juice included. Personally, I cut my last Disney trip short a day and skipped the Animal Kingdom park in order to give a full day to the Islands of Adventure park, and don't regret it for a moment.

Coming up with something new and unique for Gaston's Tavern instead of serving the same old selection of soda and tea would be something to make the unveiling of the Fantasyland expansion even more anticipated.

I don't know if Disney has any plans in this regard, but hope they do.

If they served Dr Pepper, it would be a unique experience.

Magenta Panther

Well, there'll likely be no venison, because of you know who...

And undoubtedly there'll be no roast beast :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom