Gaston's Tavern

RobertParr

That's a bit overblown

People still ask CMs where they can get alcohol, even with no mentioning of a tavern or bar in the park. My favorites are the guests in Fantasyland, dragging their sweet little Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique'd girl behind them, asking where they can go to get hammered at 2 pm. Because I'm sure that's what little Susie wants to do on her only trip to Disney World.

Just because someone may want a beer on their vacation during the day does not mean that they want to "get hammered". Sometimes they just want a beer. For some people drinking a cold beer on a hot day is refreshing. Just having one beer does not mean you are "hammered".

Your comment is overblown and judgmental.

RobertParr

Lefou Brew?

It would interested, and a great marketing tool, if Disney food services would create a new drink called Lefou Brew (or some other name) that is a fake beer or ale. Kind of like a Ginger Soda or something with a kick, but without any alcohol. I guess like that butterbeer at Potter.

It can be Disney's own brand. Then perhaps they can sell the alcoholic version of the brew in France at Epcot. That would be a nice crossover.

(now I will wait for the dismissive and cutting comments as per norm)

PurpleRose

Just because someone may want a beer on their vacation during the day does not mean that they want to "get hammered". Sometimes they just want a beer. For some people drinking a cold beer on a hot day is refreshing. Just having one beer does not mean you are "hammered".

Your comment is overblown and judgmental.

No, if you would have read her earlier statements, she has said that people have specifically asked to "get hammered". Not, "Hey, where can I go to get a beer?" It has been specifically asked "Where can I go to get hammered in MK?"

mrpygmypuff

funny isn't it!

Not that I mind at all that the Magic Kingdom is a dry park, I find it kind of funny. So many Disney movies have drunks or drinking in them.

Pete's Dragon
Parent Trap
Apple Dumpling Gang
Pirates
Beauty and the Beast

That's just off the top of my head.

I would say that's more of a bad influence on children than Mom and Dad having a beer on vacation.

And nothing is going to top Butterbeer!:slurp:
End of Story!

Mad Stitch

I know it's only concept art, but there is something frothy at that back table.

Gastons-tavern.jpg

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
The Magic Kingdom is not a dry park. It does have an ABC license from the state and can and does serve alcohol. Anyone having a private party can have alcohol at the event. Maybe it is time to allow drinking in the magic party at dinner.

Mansion Butler

It's an old Soda Fountain drink of chocolate syrup, milk, and soda water. It actually has no eggs. That could actually work as a replacement for Gaston's Egg Drink.

The other thing we're overlooking here - food. Seeing Gaston is a hunter, I'm picturing Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Turkey Legs, maybe bite size Rib-lets.
There's not really any doubt there will be Turkey Legs there, right? It's just so perfect.

COProgressFan

my question is why they are building any new dining when there is existing locations in the park that are not used -- could they not do some rehab/remodel to those? i know the B&TB sit-down is going to be more elaborate than tland terrace, but why not do a pirates sit-down in adventureland first using the shuttered places there?:shrug:

I've wondered the same thing. I mean, the new options for FLE sound great, but there are still so many sad looking shuttered food locations in the MK already. MK management doesn't think they are worth it though.

It's a very strange way to run a park.

MotherOfBirds

Eh, I think it has more to do with the atmosphere at MK that is distinctly different from Epcot, which is definitely more mature and adult -oriented. In MK, the focus is all on the kids and, although a drink might help ease the pain of getting stuck on ISAW, there are too many places where inebriated morons are going to get themselves hurt or kicked out. There are more rides and places off the beaten path, like Splash and TSI por ejemplo, that attract idiocy and are notorious for accidents. Add a couple beers and you've got a personal injury lawyer's dream come true.

PalisadesPkteer

If they would just make a root beer soda that has actual sassafras root in it and not the artificial stuff it could work. Also have a root beer float with real vanilla ice cream.

MickeyPeace

It would interested, and a great marketing tool, if Disney food services would create a new drink called Lefou Brew (or some other name) that is a fake beer or ale. Kind of like a Ginger Soda or something with a kick, but without any alcohol. I guess like that butterbeer at Potter.

It can be Disney's own brand. Then perhaps they can sell the alcoholic version of the brew in France at Epcot. That would be a nice crossover.

(now I will wait for the dismissive and cutting comments as per norm)

Disney copying Universal. Should be the other way around.

hokielutz

WDW has many reasons to try and come up with a "response" to WWOHP, butterbeer is not one of them.

Is anyone contemplating going to Universal instead of WDW because of butterbeer?

:shrug:

Geee.... let me think....

Ummm How 'bout NOOO!

Going to one park or another is not decided on because of a premium cream soda, at a premium price, is given a literary nick-name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom