GAC to Become DAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

duchess1

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autism-Hippie/539345666121021

This is her Facebook page (not her personal profile). Don't bother messaging her because she is attacking everyone who tries to debate with her, deleting the posts, trying to get them fired if she finds out they are a CM, etc.

I encourage you to report it to Facebook to be removed. You can do this by clicking the gear icon next to "Message." She is not listening to any reason and instead spreading hate and vitrol.

Heck, report her Youtube page too for secretly recording Disney CMs.

I also encourage you to write to Disney. Tell them how upset you are that they are already caving in to people like her. Tell them how abuse of the system and certain families riding over and over again hinders the experience for everyone. If they don't put their foot down then we will be right back at the exact same level of abuse in no time.

wdw.guest.communications@disney.com

Done, done, and email sent with links to her facebook page and YouTube channel.

And take note of the lovely part where she wishes an autistic child on anyone who disagrees with her. Must have missed that part in the sainthood handbook.

The Mom

Premium Member
Google: Mothers of Disabled Children by Erma Bombeck. This is what I refer to when calling them a saint.

Some mothers of disabled children are saints, but they were kind, caring people before having children; some were nasty before having children, and they just got worse. And there are some who changed for better or worse only after having a special needs child.

Just like mothers of "stereotypical" children.

PhotoDave219

"Disney is done"...pretty general statement. Yes the whole company is going under because of a system that is used EVERYPLACE ELSE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME WAY. *sigh*

Also it shows how full of it she is when she says that it was disney employees abusing the system. Sadly shes looking for attention and shes getting it.

I'm sure a multi-billion dollar entertainment empire will go belly up because of one lady's indigent you-tube video .... :eyeroll:

What a [Next Tuesday!]

Weather_Lady

As someone else said, I can't believe this woman is publicly "wishing" autistic children on anyone who disagrees with her. She is not saying it as an encouragement to others to stand in her shoes, but merely as an insult, as though an autistic child is a "curse" to be wished on enemies. Knowing (and loving) several autistic children of friends and family, it makes my blood boil. A statement like that is more insulting to children with autism than any change to a disability assistance program could ever be.

JerseyDad

I agree, and Autism Hippie called them company plants. Ironic coming from an unreasonable, overbearing, overreactive mother. I completely understand some anxiety over the DAS system overall, but she seems like she was fairly well informed and went into GR with the goal of creating a firestorm. I truely feel for the poor CMs that have to deal with people like her, trying to do their jobs and provide the great service they nearly always do and she just treats them as though they are heartless. I personally hope she never returns to any Disney park, especially while I am there. She knew exactly what she was doing, trying to create a situation and looks like a complete fool IMO.

......don't know if it can be found out for sure ...but, between her conveniently placed camera, the hot-n-cold running tears, and the almost scripted videos .....why do I have this feeling that she is somehow connected with Autism Speaks in a capacity greater than just visiting their web-site now and again?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Just go back and try and remember what it was like having a 2 year old and then imagine your child never grew out of that phase. You as a parent would either go insane or abandon the kid like so many deadbeat dads do or find places like Disney where you can get away from it all. Many of these parents choose the latter.
"Deadbeat parents" I personally know 3 men raising their children alone after there "mothers'" abandoned them. It's not just dad's who leave.

Tom Morrow

To be fair, she even does have a few good points. I understand that autistic children will get fixated on a ride, especially if they see it, and don't understand that they can't ride it right then. Which is why it seems like Disneyland's "kiosk" method would work better than requiring someone in the party to walk to the attraction to get a return time. But this was literally day one of the new procedures, and its going to take time and trial and error to find something that works best. But rather than even attempt to try out the new system or voice her concerns to Disney in a professional manner, she immediately threw her arms in the air and said its horrible and went the "I want attention so I'm taking this to the media!" and "I want compensation and free stuff!" route.

duchess1

To be fair, she even does have a few good points. I understand that autistic children will get fixated on a ride, especially if they see it, and don't understand that they can't ride it right then. Which is why it seems like Disneyland's "kiosk" method would work better than requiring someone in the party to walk to the attraction to get a return time. But this was literally day one of the new procedures, and its going to take time and trial and error to find something that works best. But rather than even attempt to try out the new system or voice her concerns to Disney in a professional manner, she immediately threw her arms in the air and said its horrible and went the "I want attention so I'm taking this to the media!" and "I want compensation and free stuff!" route.

exactly and that's where she loses a lot of people and really loses her argument. resorting to histrionics is doing nothing for her cause and in fact hurts it

JerseyDad

....something else has been bothering me about her videos and the content of same. I don't know in which of the myriad of videos it was ...but she did make a statement that pretty much said, 'if my 6'-2" / 240 lb. son doesn't get what he wants, when he wants it .....there will be a violent episode ....someone is apt to be injured ...police may /will be needed to subdue him' (and yes ...I know it's not an exact quote ...).

....in my way of thinking, and what I've seen in life, that statement is pretty much a not so veiled threat of violent retaliation, "if I (or my son) do not get my way". In this politically correct and highly litigious society ....that is a "terroristic threat". Persons have been charged with harassment, bias-crimes, or assault for saying something like (i.e.) "You just see what happens to you if you don't move your car from my driveway" .

....I wonder if anyone with Disney (who's obviously seen those videos) has the guts to look at that angle of her rants?

stevehousse

Her video posts and attitude is the direct result of the change in GAC! I would really like to know what her violent son is doing while he is waiting for her to make those videos! And if y child was so violent, I would never let them go on a ride all by themselves...some people I tell ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom